• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think it's nice to read :smth:

And sorry for postwhoring :naughty:

GIRLS are never far off the menu when head Kook Luke Pritchard's serving up new songs.

Even when he's taking a break from the band's hits kitchen the heart-throb can't stop talking about them.

So it's no wonder Luke—who has dated beauties such as Fearne Cotton and Katie Melua—pours his own love life into his work.

And the new Kooks album Konk—out on April 14—will be no exception. Even though it could land him right in it.

"I think I'm even more open about love than I was on our first record," says Luke. "There are lyrics that got me in trouble with women back then who said, ‘What are you doing writing about us for?'

"And I'm sure the same will happen with this record—but you can't worry about that when you're writing a song."

We're chatting about how Luke hopes the new album will be an even bigger success than their 2006 debut Inside In/Inside Out.

But that's only work...and there are more important things to discuss—like a problem with a girl he'd like ME to sort out.

And the lady, Luke, is...? LILY ALLEN!!??

Yes. Lily Allen—whose BBC3 chat show he lambasted last year, claiming she only got where she was because of actor dad Keith's fame. She retorted by calling Luke "a t**t" on her MySpace blog. War declared.

But now 22-year-old Luke wants Rated to help with a ceasefire. "We said some daft stuff about each other but it was only silly playground name-calling," he says. "I didn't think Lily's show would be any good because the reviews were so rubbish.

"But it's actually an interesting show, really funny. Lily's a funny girl and she's got a good instinct with people. I don't have a problem with Lily at all, good luck to her." Got that, Lily? I think maybe he likes you.

Which is more than can be said of his opinion of her pal Peaches Geldof and other fame-hungry wannabes.

"Peaches is only in the gossip columns every day because that's where she wants to be," he says. "It's easy to keep your private life private if you want."

Although Luke has dated beauties like Fearne and Katie, he refuses to spill the beans on his love life. And he denies that the band's big ballad Sway is about his relationship with Katie, who he dated when they were at the Brit School.

The song is really about Max Rafferty, the bassist who left in February amid rumours that too much partying had taken its toll.

"I wrote Sway about Max ages ago," sighs Luke. "I love the guy to death and I miss hanging out with him. But by the end, there were things he did that I won't miss any more. It's sad." Luke believes his chart-topping band, famed for hits like She Moves In Her Own Way and Ooh La, have gained respect for keeping the focus on their music.

"I once got offered s***loads of money to do a Rimmel hair advert," laughs the curly-haired pin-up. "But if they've had any success, bands who do adverts are a disgrace."

And he hasn't much time for the likes of the Arctic Monkeys who dismissed the Kooks as lightweight pop. "Writing a pop song is the hardest thing a musician can do," blasts Luke. "It's easy to d**k about and write something experimental.

"I challenge any band who says we ‘only' write pop songs to start writing a pop song themselves. Then they'll see how hard it is."

From http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/newsbeat/newsid_7977000/7977541.stm

_44856218_kooks466b_pa.jpg

The Kooks have begun working on the follow up to their second album Konk.

The Brighton-formed band have taken a break from touring but will play gigs in the UK this summer.

Lead singer Luke Pritchard recently performed a solo gig at the Put People First G20 protest march in London.

He told Newsbeat: "We kind of barricaded ourselves in the countryside for a few weeks - stayed at some friend's who have a cottage in Norfolk."

Explaining the sessions he added: "[We've] Just been rehearsing and writing new stuff.

"I feel really fresh about the band - I guess generally we're still just such friends. It's cool, we've just been having fun really."

:stretcher::crybaby::stretcher::cheerful_h4h: Give me the third album and then kill me :cheerful_h4h:.