Across The Universe

Mici

I had a chance to watch this AMAZING movie yesterday. Such a beautiful movie about the 60's combined with the ever lasting music of the Beatles.

I was also pleasently suprised to see guest appearances from Bono, Eddie Izzard & Joe Cocker, and the actress who plays Sadie has a brilliant voice.

Jim Sturgess is the next big thing in the movie world...:thumb_yello:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i absolutly love this movie too. i have the dvd and the soundtrack! i know it's really long but very good! :thumb_yello: my fav song is dear prudence...so pretty! and blackbird as well...may i even dare say i like it more than the original:boxed:

As a die hard Beatle fan since I was in diapers, I usually am very critical whenever I hear a Beatles cover, however, this movie was incredible.:wub2:

The only thing I didn't like about it is how suddenly there's a million teenage girls claiming to be Beatles fanatics when the only songs they can sing are the songs from this movie, mainly Blackbird, Hey Jude, and Let It Be. Funny.:mf_rosetinted:

But I loved all the little Beatle puns throughout the movie, like the part with the silver hammer, or when Prudence came in through the bathroom window. Loved it.

I went to Beatlefest this year, as I do every year, and was very turned off by the amount of teens there claiming to be Beatles fans when they couldn't even decipher Paul from Ringo.:blink:

Enough of my rant..:naughty:

Here are some videos and pictures from this year's biggest guests, some of the cast members from Across The Universe:

Timothy Mitchum (the boy who sings Let It Be) singing

T.V. Carpio singing

Dana Fuchs singing

Dana Fuchs singing

043.jpg

036.jpg

032.jpg

Cool pics, Jess. :)

That must've been really frutrating to be around all those fangirls. That's very much like the time when I saw Gwen live and some girls asked who No Doubt was. :-S

That sort of stuff drives me crazy.:mad3:

Oh, thank you! :naughty: I must say I'm not a beatles fan. Not that I don't like them, but I've just never listened to them sing a song. Ever.

At least you don't run around claiming to be one.:thumb_yello:

I loved that movie! My favorite song was I've Just Seen a Face :biggrin2: AMAZING!

omg! me 2! i luv that movie! and for valentines day, my sister and i both wanted it so much, my mom bought 2 different 1s for us each! i luv the movie, and my neighbors borrowed mine 2 weeks ago, but i havent got it back :(

Bono.............. stongue023.gif:wub2:

I love ATU!

I love his version of I Am The Walrus. :wub2:

As a die hard Beatle fan since I was in diapers, I usually am very critical whenever I hear a Beatles cover, however, this movie was incredible.:wub2:

The only thing I didn't like about it is how suddenly there's a million teenage girls claiming to be Beatles fanatics when the only songs they can sing are the songs from this movie, mainly Blackbird, Hey Jude, and Let It Be. Funny.:mf_rosetinted:

I am not a fan but i do like their music, and i agree with you fangirls can be annoying in this sense.