Wendi

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been a busy bee..

so many events happening.. so much work to take care of.. can't complain cause I love what I do..

but I have taken most of July off.... so I have to make sure nothing is pending before my holidays..

otherwise.. the weather is getting humid and hot here.. too hot to sit outside.. getting ready for the "indoors summer season"

Are you away in july? besides denmark and amsterdam?

Thanks!

It "was" my dog..

he was amazing.. adorable..

Oh no...I'm really sorry to hear that. I can't imagine not having my two around. Was he a King Charles spaniel?

thanks! but nothing happens when i click on it. :blink:

oh, that's strange....it's in the gossip & chat section and is called NEW COSTUME! Who's up for a challenge? alternatively, look for threads started by RAK1....

Hello everyone!

Glad to hear you are ok Miek....good luck with pregnancy and hot weather...maybe we should bring a hose to hose you down in Amsterdam!:naughty:

Yes thank you day two was a little easier than day one!

My new job is managing a childcare service in my local area. I started yesterday and it was a bit of a 'brain overload' situation but I have a four week induction before I am really expected to do much....and that just nicely brings me up to my 'Mika tour' so it should not be too bad!:wink2:

Helllooooooooooooo... I'm back and have been catching up with various threads... :wink2:

The gig was bloody fantastic... got completely lost trying to find The Macbeth pub in Hoxton... lol

Eventually found it about 6.30pm... and as I've said before queuing is slightly different at Franz gigs, as I was still the 6th person in the queue.. :roftl:

Saw the band come out after they'd soundchecked... Bob waved and wondered up the road... Nick went to cross the road and was looking back and waving at us... (he was going to get his bike which was there locked against a sign)... he promptly tripped over the curb... :lmao: he nearly went as red as his shirt that he was wearing and we couldn't help but laugh cos' he looked so funny... really really sorry Nick... :bleh:

Alex eventually came out and ended up staying outside chatting to us for about 20 minutes .... lovely lovely bloke... I didn't bother him this time though... I've met him loads of times..

The gig... The venue was tiny... there was no barrier - you were literally up against their amps and stuff... and the stage was so fecking small... the front was literally 5 people wide... I've never been to a gig like it... They played 9 songs.... Including 4 old ones... Jacqueline, Tell Her Tonight, Matinee and Outsiders (Died when they played Outsiders - cos' it's by far my favourite song of theirs)... new ones were fantastic... don't have a setlist so not sure of most titles, but Katherine Kiss Me, Turn It On, and What She Came For, Ulysses, and Send Her Away were the new ones I think from what my memory recalls from glancing at the setlist on the floor... :thumb_yello:

Did see KT Tunstall at the side of the stage bopping away.... didn't notice anyone else famous though...

Oh and If Mika ever did wonder if there would be a day where he wouldn't have to play Grace Kelly... Like he asked at the end of his DVD... FF didn't play Take Me Out last night.. so it will take him four years and a Fanclub gig to do it... He needs to now doesn't he... :wink2:

Anyway some pics will follow in a sec... not many... I was so close and didn't want to take to many because of that... :wub2:

Thanks Racha! Hope your Mika gigs go well too!:thumb_yello:

Laurel, that sounds really great! Thank you so much for the report. Holy Cow, the very thought of a Mika gig like that...wouldn't it be fantastic! And yes, i agree....he wouldn't have to do GK!!!:naughty:

He was an American Cocker Spaniel.. same character are the English one, but without the long face.. he is usually much more hairy.. but I had to trim his hair in Dubai because of the warm weather..

it is an amazing breed..

Will you get another dog? Or do you have one already?

I've got it! thank you.

Welkl done :thumb_yello:

Laurel, it sounds like you had a great gig. If only the Big M would do the same for us....:wub2: How many people do you think were there?

thanks for the report laurel...it sounds great!

i wonder IF we'll ever see a fanclub gig......:naughty:

nice ppl they are...quite famous indeed and so nice to fans...they are not annoyed yet by them, are they?

ther's hope for us...................:wink2:

the good news, there will be a seated option in Mika's beirut gig... and you get served a drink on the VIP section

:punk:

there is also a "golden circle" for the hard core fans...

not sure which one i should buy

Ooh... that's a tough one. I think I would have to go for the golden circle....

the good news, there will be a seated option in Mika's beirut gig... and you get served a drink on the VIP section

:punk:

there is also a "golden circle" for the hard core fans...

not sure which one i should buy

Wow! I wish we could have a golden circle!:shocked:

Hi Silver, Robi and Shari! Good to see you all :thumb_yello:

Urgent - need voters in second poll :shocked:

Can you direct me please?

Barcelona, Dubai, Oman, Dubai, Denmark, Netherlands, Dubai, Beirut, Dubai, Oman, Dubai, Beirut, Dubai

:naughty:

Wow! I am tired just reading that!:naughty:

thanks for the report laurel...it sounds great!

i wonder IF we'll ever see a fanclub gig......:naughty:

nice ppl they are...quite famous indeed and so nice to fans...they are not annoyed yet by them, are they?

ther's hope for us...................:wink2:

No I don't ever get the vibe that we're an annoyance to them or anything.... they're so so nice... I mean it's not like they were even trying to sneak away.. they came out of the front doors right next to the queue... :thumb_yello:

Alex was quite happy to pose for photos and stuff... I've never in over 4 years heard him say no to anyone... or Nick and Bob either... have never met Paul yet :blink: so don't know what he's like... but he has a young baby, so is always alittle more difficult to track down... he normally leaves quietly... :wink2: