Oldlings Part 19

Wendi

No more dogs for me.. not at the moment.. it would be selfish of me.. I love them but I live in an apartment and my work requires a lot of traveling..

The last one I had was very sick and needed a lot of attention.. it drained me emotionally...

I undersatnd. It wouldn't be fair.... At least you have your memories:thumb_yello:

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ooh Laurel, great pics. So you went to see Franz Ferdinabnd, they are Queen fans too you know. Did you have a good time?

:roftl: I've been an FF fan since they started in 2003.... I know everything about them... Alex is the Queen nut mostly... I remember him on The Culture Show going on about them... He has taste :punk:

Hi Shari & Robi

Great pics Laurel - you weren't kidding when you said how close you were. I don't think Mika would be that brave:naughty:

No... I don't think he'd be wise too... I don't think most of the fans would be able to not jump on the stage... We're far more reserved us FF Fans... :thumb_yello:

Would love him to do something like that ... would be incredible.. :wub2:

I might have to stand and push in the golfen circle.. although they promised limited number of tickets.. which is a great idea..

I want to investigate further where the VIP section is located.. if it is seated at the back with a champaign glass, then I will pass.. I can buy my own drinks!

a lot... July will be hectic.. in the middle of my vacation I have to do a couple of business trips.. going to beirut twice (brother's wedding and see my friends/Mika concert)

Mika in Beirut..................i'm so not jealous.:wink2:

I quite like them too Laurel. I like everything thye've done so far. Thehey has "something" about them (I think it's called real talent!)

I'm biased completly lol... but I just love their music... really looking forward to album Number 3.... They're an amazing live band... That was the 13th time I've seen them, and probably the best gig I've been too... :)

Oh and they're support band was really good too... Poni Hoax... they seem to choose outstanding Support Bands... It's because of Franz that I knew about Kaiser Chiefs, Arcade Fire, Ladytron and alot of others before they hit the big time...

Poni Hoax were a French Band I think... I'm gonna check them out... they were really good...

Oh and Sarah there were 150 people at the gig... I read back and saw that you'd asked .... :)

yeah... I can't believe it either... and they confirmed it right after I bought my tickets to Amsterdam's gig... so 2 gigs for me this summer.. so unplanned

:punk:

not many MFCers are coming though... but many Lebanese fans from all over the world are flying in..

I convinced my two best friends (an Australian and a South African) to come as well :thumb_yello: and I will meet my old friends in beirut..

Sounds really great!

I think that's what's so great being a FF Fan and now a Mika nut too boot... I mean with Franz I just get a great live band... no thrills or anything.... just a great band on stage - doing what they do best... with Mika I get a show - from an amazing showman in the making... (Blow Up Dolls, Confetti, Balloons etc)

I'm so looking forward to what he does at Paris, and I'm not even going... :wink2:

I am sure we are sitting here (well, Robi is in the cellar of course!:naughty:) imagining how amazing a gig of 150 Mika fans would be!:shocked: It would be just awesome! I have been to two 'smallish' Mika gigs....the first time I saw him in Glasgow, last Feb and TBA in Manchester...both of which were great...but 150 would be awesome:shocked:

I am sure we are sitting here (well, Robi is in the cellar of course!:naughty:) imagining how amazing a gig of 150 Mika fans would be!:shocked: It would be just awesome! I have been to two 'smallish' Mika gigs....the first time I saw him in Glasgow, last Feb and TBA in Manchester...both of which were great...but 150 would be awesome:shocked:

i mean...we could tell them name by name....we are 150 dedicated fans here, more or less....just a family reunion!:roftl:

awwwwwww

is dreaming legal?:naughty:

yeah... I can't believe it either... and they confirmed it right after I bought my tickets to Amsterdam's gig... so 2 gigs for me this summer.. so unplanned

:punk:

not many MFCers are coming though... but many Lebanese fans from all over the world are flying in..

I convinced my two best friends (an Australian and a South African) to come as well :thumb_yello: and I will meet my old friends in beirut..

but I am sure the whole of MFC will be with you in spirit! We SO wish we could be there. I was not on MFC when the gig was announced but within about ten minutes Wendi had text me and she had already checked out flights!:naughty:

I'm going turn in now.. didn't sleep that well last night.... do you ever sleep well when It's not your own bed... lol

Anway have fun tonight and I'll be back tomorrow... :)

i mean...we could tell them name by name....we are 150 dedicated fans here, more or less....just a family reunion!:roftl:

awwwwwww

is dreaming legal?:naughty:

Absolutely!!! Carry on :blush-anim-cl:

but I am sure the whole of MFC will be with you in spirit! We SO wish we could be there. I was not on MFC when the gig was announced but within about ten minutes Wendi had text me and she had already checked out flights!:naughty:

And....?

racha...a gig in beirut is something so special..i wish some of our friends here could make it, it will be important for mika i think.

some of the first fans, i'm saying

It would be great.....remind me of the dates.....

maybe a fanclub gig is one of the things that the officialness will bring!

You never know.... although, from what I understand, everywhere else knew about the Beirut gig before it was confirmed here, so I'm not sure how confident I am about 'perks' of being official. Maybe I'm just getting cynical in my old age:blink: