MFC's Orchestra

englishrose

I guess I'm what was described as a table thwacker...

I can't play an instrument (though I would LOVE to learn how to play the piano), I can't sing (my humming even sucks...seriously) and there is no way I would even attempt to site read music.

But I will admire you guys:wink2:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have played clarinet for about 7 years now..and I am okay :)

not amazing by any means butI can toot out a tune.

I sing in a choir over the summer, but by myself it is not so good...I like this thread!!

oh yay! :punk:finally our own band geek thread!

welll i've been in band for about 8 years. playing the flute all 8 years, and piccolo for about2 years. as well as my LOVELY PIANO!! for about 9 years.

i am absolutly obsessed w/ my piano! i play it everyday all the time and i hardly even study now cuz i'm always on piano or MFC:bleh:

well i really hate bragging but, since this is for us band geeks:naughty: i must admit i'm top flute player in my school:blush-anim-cl:. i'm 8th in the county, and have not yet made state:thumbdown:...oh well theres always next year...:thumb_yello:

welll i've been in band for about 8 years. playing the flute all 8 years, and piccolo for about2 years. as well as my LOVELY PIANO!! for about 9 years.

i am absolutly obsessed w/ my piano! i play it everyday all the time and i hardly even study now cuz i'm always on piano or MFC:bleh:

well i really hate bragging but, since this is for us band geeks:naughty: i must admit i'm top flute player in my school:blush-anim-cl:. i'm 8th in the county, and have not yet made state:thumbdown:...oh well theres always next year...:thumb_yello:

My cousin plays flute really well also. And sings, she's actually going to be in an some italian opera this summer. crazy:bleh: i almost played flute, i'd still like to learn some.

I guess I'm what was described as a table thwacker...

I can't play an instrument (though I would LOVE to learn how to play the piano), I can't sing (my humming even sucks...seriously) and there is no way I would even attempt to site read music.

But I will admire you guys:wink2:

Aww, well thwacking tables is fun...hehe.

Have you thought about getting lessons? It's never ever too late to start!

Wow, good for you! Do you take part in lots of competitions?

Aww, well thwacking tables is fun...hehe.

Have you thought about getting lessons? It's never ever too late to start!

I first need a guitar *hint for Christmas present mom and dad hint hint*

Yeah I would like lessons though. One of my friends at school is AMAZING at the guitar. He said he offers lessons but I guess I need money first, right?

Random: At the Relay for Life on Thursday, someone brought a guitar with them...so one of my friend's said she could only play the beginning part the White Stripes "Seven Nation Army" and she did!!! So cool.

I first need a guitar *hint for Christmas present mom and dad hint hint*

Yeah I would like lessons though. One of my friends at school is AMAZING at the guitar. He said he offers lessons but I guess I need money first, right?

Random: At the Relay for Life on Thursday, someone brought a guitar with them...so one of my friend's said she could only play the beginning part the White Stripes "Seven Nation Army" and she did!!! So cool.

hahah

Yes get a guitar!

But just be sure that you're gonna use it....

I have an acoustic guitar and last christmas I got an electric guitar, but I never play it :huh: I feel bad haha...

And now I insanely badly want a drum set but who knows if it'll be the same case

We have to explore our musical wants though or else we'll never know if we have talents in music!! :aah:

hahah

Yes get a guitar!

I have an acoustic guitar and last christmas I got an electric guitar, but I never play it :huh: I feel bad haha...

And now I insanely badly want a drum set but who knows if it'll be the same case

We have to explore our musical wants though or else we'll never know if we have talents in music!! :aah:

Haha...yeah, I think I would use it, or at least I hope I would...hehe

A drum set? Cool!!! I don't have one of those either...or any musical instrument for that matter.

Danielle! thanks hon! any new writing?

Yes, actually :biggrin2: I'm in a music composition class at my school, and a piece I wrote as an assignment is going to be in the final show! (Gah...so soon! Less than 2 weeks...:shocked:)

hahah

Yes get a guitar!

Lol, you could be a one-man rock band :aah:

My cousin plays flute really well also. And sings, she's actually going to be in an some italian opera this summer. crazy:bleh: i almost played flute, i'd still like to learn some.

oh wow that is so cool! i've thought about doing some two week tour in Europe w/ an orchestra, but lately i've havent been praticing:roftl:

okay that's a complete lie! i haven't praticed in about 5 years!!:naughty: i only practice for competitions...

Wow, good for you! Do you take part in lots of competitions?

hmmm...well only when forced too:naughty:...but some...

i get nervous really easily! i can't even play in front of my friends!:bleh:

EVERYONE!!!!!!

I HAVE THE NEW PIECE! ITS CALLED TIME SCAPE ! ITS ON MY MYSPACE!

ENJOY!

ttp://www.myspace.com/suzannedwillies

I love it! :wub2:

Well, i'm not technically a band geek, but my stuff is on here:

http://www.myspace.com/sarahmccluskey2006

I've been singing since i was tiny and playing guitar and songwriting since i was 13. Its great :bleh:

I've been singing since i was tiny and playing guitar and songwriting since i was 13. Its great :bleh:

wow! that's really amazing!:punk: why have i not heard your stuff before on all the radios across the country? well probably cuz i don't listen to the radio:blush-anim-cl: only my ipod!:naughty:

Sarah! AMAZING! You play all the instruments?!!

You must be a pretty talented performer. :roftl:

I just got back from a 3-day intensive jazz vocal workshop. It was great! I learned so much. And the best thing is, the teacher lives really close, so I might be able to get lessons from her! :woot_jump:

Thank you for letting us listen!

This is so nice when you post a link to your music sites.

There are so many talented MFC people!:wink2:

Sarah! AMAZING! You play all the instruments?!!

You must be a pretty talented performer. :roftl:

I just got back from a 3-day intensive jazz vocal workshop. It was great! I learned so much. And the best thing is, the teacher lives really close, so I might be able to get lessons from her! :woot_jump:

Wow, you are a lucky duck!:thumb_yello:

that must have been great! and you're really lucky that the teacher lives close to you, you'll get to learn much more interesting things.

Bump :fisch:

I'm scared.

The music show is on Wednesday. :shocked:

But, on the bright side, tomorrow is an all-day tech and dress rehearsal, so I get to miss school :bleh:

you're participating in a music show? that must be exciting

Yeah, the music program at my school puts on a music show at the end of each semester. However, the ones at the end of each year have slightly more pressure...

I'm so relieved. The rehearsal went sooo well--everything I was worried about went completely smoothly. Tomorrow night is going to be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

Yeah, the music program at my school puts on a music show at the end of each semester. However, the ones at the end of each year have slightly more pressure...

I'm so relieved. The rehearsal went sooo well--everything I was worried about went completely smoothly. Tomorrow night is going to be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

You're in it, of course it will be great:wink2:

You're in it, of course it will be great:wink2:

But of course :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:No, it's the amazing group of talent in the music program that'll make it spectacular. I can't wait.

Oh, that, and the MC (Aaron - he's an old music student, he graduated last year) is going to spontaneously take his pants off halfway through. :lmfao: We were waiting backstage during the runthrough, and all of a sudden I turn around to see Aaron, nonchalant as anything, taking off his pants...then he grins at us, and walks onstage. We were like :shocked::shocked:

But of course :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:No, it's the amazing group of talent in the music program that'll make it spectacular. I can't wait.

Oh, that, and the MC (Aaron - he's an old music student, he graduated last year) is going to spontaneously take his pants off halfway through. :lmfao: We were waiting backstage during the runthrough, and all of a sudden I turn around to see Aaron, nonchalant as anything, taking off his pants...then he grins at us, and walks onstage. We were like :shocked::shocked:

Really? That must be...awkward...but funny?

well i have played piano for about 8 years now.

i have played flute and piccolo for about 6 years

and now i am teaching myself guitar.

i am probably the best at flute. my third year playing and every year since then i have gone to state solo and ensemble competitions and recieved firsts every year. i was almost going to quit high school band for next year (my senior year) but my director offered me scholarship money to stay in it so i did.

so yeah i really enjoy playing music.

Really? That must be...awkward...but funny?

It was HILARIOUS. We were pissing ourselves.

It would be reeeeally awkward if we didn't know him though...we know he's nuts, so this didn't come as THAT much of a shock, but still. :roftl:

The reaction from the people sitting in the audience (the ones with nothing to do at the time) was just priceless. Nobody knew he was going to do that, not even the music teacher...

well i have played piano for about 8 years now.

i have played flute and piccolo for about 6 years

and now i am teaching myself guitar.

i am probably the best at flute. my third year playing and every year since then i have gone to state solo and ensemble competitions and recieved firsts every year. i was almost going to quit high school band for next year (my senior year) but my director offered me scholarship money to stay in it so i did.

so yeah i really enjoy playing music.

Wow, good for you, that's great that you play so many instruments! I'd love to learn guitar one day...

And lucky you, getting paid to stay in band :roftl: