Freddies English Teaching Course

Animal noises in different languages are the funniest. An English rooster (or cockerel - male chicken :chkn:) says "cock-a-doodle-doo" but a French one says "cocorico".:roftl:

An Italian one says chicchirichì. :pinkbow:

:roftl:

here it's coo-coo-ree-coo :roftl:

similar to french it seems

In Sweden it says:Kuckeliku!:roftl:

:sneaky2: Well I can't remember where everyone is really from

Hello there :bye: I'm from Sweden!:biggrin2:

Good thing we are in the right thread because I'm not sure what live this down means!:teehee:

Oh dear - it's an expression you tend to use without having to explain :blink:

It generally means an embarrassing situation which people always remember - something that will be there as long as you live (or are around, anyway):blush-anim-cl:

Oh dear - it's an expression you tend to use without having to explain :blink:

It generally means an embarrassing situation which people always remember - something that will be there as long as you live (or are around, anyway):blush-anim-cl:

Thanks!:thumb_yello:

I've heard it before but when I get the chance to have an explanation of what it exactly means it's wonderful!:wub2:

Maybe it's hard to understand how much of a guessing game the English language often is!:naughty:

I'd like to hear what a German chicken says :naughty:

It says "kikeriki"

OT:

@ DerMoment there are threads about every Mika's song in "Mika's Music & Artwork" forum section, maybe that could help you too, I always find useful reading other peoples opinions and interpretations of songs.

Or at least interesting :naughty:

Yeah, I have read them before. It where some very long (but interesting ;) ) nights here in the forum :)

Actually that's surprising; as Romanian is a Latin language, I would have thought it would have been closer to the Italian version.

well, maybe it is, we'll have to wait for someone from Romania to tell us :naughty:

It's actually coo-coo-ree-goo in Romanian

Almost like French and Serbian :naughty:

My daughter has a t-shirt on which it says: "Never kiss and tell."

I think a get the drift, but what does it mean or where does it come from?

It's a summary for the trend for people who have been involved with a celebrity to tell the newspapers what the person was really like - the "kiss" part is the relationship and the "tell" is divulging all their secrets.