Freddies English Teaching Course

Is this sentence grammatically correct?

"For the guy whose amazingness i cannot word."

I'll be writing that on a birthday card if it makes a difference.

Hmmmmm not really , its ok ..

"To the guy who is so amazing I have no words"

Read better:biggrin2:

hello.. :naughty: Well I don't really have any questions atm.. but.. I was going trough some old threads and found my first-introduction thread.. :roftl: Where I have wrote one tiny sentece saying hi to all :lmfao: and complaining how bad is my English.. :mf_rosetinted:

And something stucked in my head.. It' s a quote by Freddie :" Hello and welcome , Ive sorry to say life will never be the same for you again"

Sooo true :thumb_yello:

hello.. :naughty: Well I don't really have any questions atm.. but.. I was going trough some old threads and found my first-introduction thread.. :roftl: Where I have wrote one tiny sentece saying hi to all :lmfao: and complaining how bad is my English.. :mf_rosetinted:

And something stucked in my head.. It' s a quote by Freddie :" Hello and welcome , Ive sorry to say life will never be the same for you again"

Sooo true :thumb_yello:

:roftl::roftl:

It is so so true! once in and you stay .. something changes .. for the better though I hope:wub2:

:roftl::roftl:

It is so so true! once in and you stay .. something changes .. for the better though I hope:wub2:

Everything has changed actually.. :thumb_yello: I have found good friends and met sooo awesome people! And I really cannot imagine my life without MFC anymore.. Even when Im off for a while and living my realy life, I log in and check the news :naughty: I still can't believe I've spent here almost 3 years! :boxed:

And finally my dream will come true couse Mika is coming to Latvia this summer! :thumb_yello:

ok..Now Im off the topic :naughty:

What's the meaning of OCD?

By Freddie: Ohhh no that would be my nightmare "ill think about it next week" .. im mega OCD with wanting things organised

Hiya !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive-compulsive_disorder

Like i need to go .. passport yes , tickets yes .. then 5 minutes later .. passport yes , tickets yes

Mika is OCD ... I think .. he buys like 3 packets of cereal in one go etc

Im not OCD .. just have some habits like that

OCD can actually be a very serious thing though, it's not something that should always be taken lightly because it can take over people's lives. Sometimes people can't stop washing their hands because they're paranoid over getting germs, or they have to constantly check things...

I remember being at work and this woman came up to me asking if I could check something for her...I said "yeah sure"...I followed her into the female toilets and then WHAM she lifted her top up to reveal this mark between her boobs. She was so paranoid that it was dirt and she was really rubbing it and her skin was getting all sore, I tried to tell her that it's probably a bruise and that it would go away soon but it was really hard trying to convince her that there was actually nothing wrong with her.

People joke about having OCD all the time when they really haven't got it. Or if they have it's a very mild case, because some cases are really serious and people need therapy for it.

OCD can actually be a very serious thing though, it's not something that should always be taken lightly because it can take over people's lives. Sometimes people can't stop washing their hands because they're paranoid over getting germs, or they have to constantly check things...

I remember being at work and this woman came up to me asking if I could check something for her...I said "yeah sure"...I followed her into the female toilets and then WHAM she lifted her top up to reveal this mark between her boobs. She was so paranoid that it was dirt and she was really rubbing it and her skin was getting all sore, I tried to tell her that it's probably a bruise and that it would go away soon but it was really hard trying to convince her that there was actually nothing wrong with her.

People joke about having OCD all the time when they really haven't got it. Or if they have it's a very mild case, because some cases are really serious and people need therapy for it.

Yes your right , it can take over peoples lives for sure ...just when you get a mild case and I guess thats what Mika has toooo .. really drives you nutty

I suppose we all have these little quirks .. do you?

Yes your right , it can take over peoples lives for sure ...just when you get a mild case and I guess thats what Mika has toooo .. really drives you nutty

I suppose we all have these little quirks .. do you?

You're asking obsessive compulsive spelling freak if I have a QUIRK? :aah:

Im wondering whether it's - keep silent or keep silence?? :blink:

I should put it into this sentence.. Im pretty sure it's not grammatical correct,though

"The government keeps the silence about this issue, and this month the case was viewed in a closed meeting by the Cabinet of Ministers. "

Im wondering whether it's - keep silent or keep silence?? :blink:

I should put it into this sentence.. Im pretty sure it's not grammatical correct,though

"The government keeps the silence about this issue, and this month the case was viewed in a closed meeting by the Cabinet of Ministers. "

It would be "keeps silent" :wink2:

Silent would be used for sentences like "to be silent". The girl is silent. The dog is silent. Etc etc. Silence is a noun.

Hi!

Do you say

"Without your help my book would have never existed"

or

"Without your help my book wouldn´t have ever existed"?

Or is both possible? And if yes, does one sentence feel "more right"?

The first option is the best one, but I think people would use the second option as well...the second one seems a lot more casual and more "common"

Hi!

Do you say

"Without your help my book would have never existed"

or

"Without your help my book wouldn´t have ever existed"?

Or is both possible? And if yes, does one sentence feel "more right"?

Without your help my book would never have existed..? Like you switch the never and the have.. I think that sounds better.

The first option is the best one, but I think people would use the second option as well...the second one seems a lot more casual and more "common"

Edit:

Without your help my book would never have existed..? Like you switch the never and the have.. I think that sounds better.

Yeah, you are right, that sounds much better :thumb_yello:

Edited by DerMoment1608

• 2 weeks later...
What does a 'cuppa' mean?

As in, "I'd like a cuppa right now".

I assume it means a cup of tea, but it really makes no sense without 'tea' on the end.

yeh i its tea too, thats the only thing i can think of.. i don't know why..but i say it too :roftl:

What does a 'cuppa' mean?

As in, "I'd like a cuppa right now".

I assume it means a cup of tea, but it really makes no sense without 'tea' on the end.

lol :roftl: i have no idea why people (including me) don't :naughty: