Freddies English Teaching Course

.. i wonder if there is a german learning course or someone who wouldnt mind helping me learn german? (for the record.. to date i know nothing :lmfao: i tried out of a book and got no-where.. but i'd really like to learn, i learn well off other people..)

What does a 'cuppa' mean?

As in, "I'd like a cuppa right now".

I assume it means a cup of tea, but it really makes no sense without 'tea' on the end.

Yes means cup of tea :biggrin2:

Really know throughout the UK , ask for a cuppa .. you will get a cuppa tea:biggrin2:

.. i wonder if there is a german learning course or someone who wouldnt mind helping me learn german? (for the record.. to date i know nothing :lmfao: i tried out of a book and got no-where.. but i'd really like to learn, i learn well off other people..)

No .. but your more than welcome to post a thread asking for help!:thumb_yello:

Yes means cup of tea :biggrin2:

Really know throughout the UK , ask for a cuppa .. you will get a cuppa tea:biggrin2:

I think it's charming!:roftl:

The UK is the only country as far as I know where you are offered milk to your tea without having to ask for it!

In my country if you order tea they look at you as if you where from another planet and to have some milk with the dusty teabag and the tepid water is really to ask for too much!:naughty:

I think it's charming!:roftl:

The UK is the only country as far as I know where you are offered milk to your tea without having to ask for it!

In my country if you order tea they look at you as if you where from another planet and to have some milk with the dusty teabag and the tepid water is really to ask for too much!:naughty:

You know .. I would not even think twice of cuppa and its meaning:roftl: , same as buttie or sarnie .. I suppose we have so much slang that we just use every day :wub2:

Yes .. black tea I would not say is the norm here , so you will get milk and sugar etc .. I guess we class it as a national art form:roftl:

Strangly enough: tea with milk only tastes good in the UK.. :blink:

I had some there and yes, it was pretty good..:naughty:

My grandmother offered me some over here, but that was just... well... let's be nice.... gross..:shocked:

Strangly enough: tea with milk only tastes good in the UK.. :blink:

I had some there and yes, it was pretty good..:naughty:

My grandmother offered me some over here, but that was just... well... let's be nice.... gross..:shocked:

In Holland we call tea with milk: baby tea :mf_rosetinted: Don't know what that says about UK folk :naughty:

You know .. I would not even think twice of cuppa and its meaning:roftl: , same as buttie or sarnie .. I suppose we have so much slang that we just use every day :wub2:

Yes .. black tea I would not say is the norm here , so you will get milk and sugar etc .. I guess we class it as a national art form:roftl:

Okay: what do buttie and sarnie mean?

Tea with milk= yuk... (Tea with sugar, also= yuk:wink2:)

Whats a munter? Like in, sugardaddy but he's just a munter........:blink:

a munter is an ugly person. I'd never heard of the word either until Mika sang it :roftl: And then my mum was watching a Soap Opera called Emmerdale - which is set up North - and they used that word apparently, so maybe it's a Northern word? :dunno: Down here in the south, some people use the word "minger"

I.e. "Wow, that guy is SUCH a minger, I can't believe he asked me out."

OR you can use it to describe something

"Why are you wearing that top? It's minging."

Okay: what do buttie and sarnie mean?

Tea with milk= yuk... (Tea with sugar, also= yuk:wink2:)

Buttie...um...we have this thing called a Chip Buttie, where it's a roll filled with chips. Or French Fries, whatever you wanna call them.

A sarnie is a sandwich :thumb_yello:

As for my tea, I have 2 and a half sugars, put the tea bag in, fill it up with hot water about halfway, squeeze the tea bag, then fill the rest with milk and stir. I don't like tea without a lot of milk because it's just piping hot for AGES before you can drink it. I like to make my tea and down it :thumb_yello:

a munter is an ugly person. I'd never heard of the word either until Mika sang it :roftl: And then my mum was watching a Soap Opera called Emmerdale - which is set up North - and they used that word apparently, so maybe it's a Northern word? :dunno: Down here in the south, some people use the word "minger"

I.e. "Wow, that guy is SUCH a minger, I can't believe he asked me out."

OR you can use it to describe something

"Why are you wearing that top? It's minging."

Buttie...um...we have this thing called a Chip Buttie, where it's a roll filled with chips. Or French Fries, whatever you wanna call them.

A sarnie is a sandwich :thumb_yello:

As for my tea, I have 2 and a half sugars, put the tea bag in, fill it up with hot water about halfway, squeeze the tea bag, then fill the rest with milk and stir. I don't like tea without a lot of milk because it's just piping hot for AGES before you can drink it. I like to make my tea and down it :thumb_yello:

OMG, that description of your teamaking, hilarious! :roftl:

I like to drink my tea as hot as possible. Just cooled down enough to not burn my tongue.

OMG, that description of your teamaking, hilarious! :roftl:

I like to drink my tea as hot as possible. Just cooled down enough to not burn my tongue.

don't get me wrong, my tea isn't COLD :aah::roftl: It's still nice and warm lol. I just don't do super hot stuff. There's no taste if your mouth is on fire :roftl:

And dipping in biscuits in tea is the best! :thumb_yello:

:aah: it's basically a nearly-full-english-breakfast in a roll lol :roftl:

omg.....:shocked:

don't get me wrong, my tea isn't COLD :aah::roftl: It's still nice and warm lol. I just don't do super hot stuff. There's no taste if your mouth is on fire :roftl:

And dipping in biscuits in tea is the best! :thumb_yello:

You get crumbs in your tea:boxed:

omg.....:shocked:

You get crumbs in your tea:boxed:

hey! don't knock it till ya try it! :roftl: You can get sausages or bacons in a roll, but I personally like Chip Butties. They're nice :thumb_yello:

and you only get a few crumbs at the bottom, like...really only a few, and who has all the bottom bit anyway? :roftl:

hey! don't knock it till ya try it! :roftl: You can get sausages or bacons in a roll, but I personally like Chip Butties. They're nice :thumb_yello:

and you only get a few crumbs at the bottom, like...really only a few, and who has all the bottom bit anyway? :roftl:

This thread makes me laugh:roftl:.

If I'll ever be in GB I will defo try such a brekkie!

And tea with biscuit crumbs!

I do like dipping biscuits in my tea :thumb_yello:

you really like these?? :boxed:

a-oceanic_cafe_chip_butty-450x300.jpg

Okay... but biscuits in tea, I can understand that...:biggrin2:

crumpets are hot girls, aren't they?

OMG NO :aah::roftl:

Crumpets are food!!! :lmfao:

http://franzisworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/crumpets.jpg

you really like these?? :boxed:

a-oceanic_cafe_chip_butty-450x300.jpg

They look more like wedges than chips :roftl: Can't say I've had THAT in a roll before. I'm thinking more like this:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BYcNje87VFs/SWTxjNpTeuI/AAAAAAAAACA/MD0_TlL6TOc/s400/Chip+butty.jpg

But nowhere near as many chips as that :blink:

LOL at all the tea and food discussion. :lol3:

I have my tea with 1/4th liters at the time. In a giant muck, as strong as possible. Without milk, sometimes suger, but that depends on what kind of tea. I only have sugar with Earl Grey or green tea with lemon from a teabag. :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

And I think I'll get a cuppa right now. :teehee: