Freddies English Teaching Course

You're welcome :biggrin2: Didn't you help me with my french homework anyway? :naughty::biggrin2:

I did ? :biggrin2: I didn't remember it was you :teehee:

But it was quick to check your homework, my text is soooo long, like terms and conditions of a website and sooo not interesting !! :naughty:

I did ? :biggrin2: I didn't remember it was you :teehee:

But it was quick to check your homework, my text is soooo long, like terms and conditions of a website and sooo not interesting !! :naughty:

:biggrin2:

:teehee: I sent it back, it mostly seems good to me :naughty: Sorry if I got any parts wrong or missed anything though :blush-anim-cl:

Thank you sooo much girls :blush-anim-cl: I really appreciate :blush-anim-cl:

But it's a quite long text, maybe I could send by PM half of it to both of you ? :teehee:

I'm sorry to ask such a thing. And thank so much for answering me. And you're right Mana, it's better by PM, I thought about that anyway :wink2:

Sounds good to me! :thumb_yello:

Thanks a lot for explanation :flowers2:!

no you didn't, now it's crystally clear )))

i actually felt it should have been smth like this ... and translated it very close to the meaning you specified in your post

thanks again!!!!

I think it was originally a phrase from gambling - horse racing - when all your money may be "riding" on the horse you have chosen.

I think it was originally a phrase from gambling - horse racing - when all your money may be "riding" on the horse you have chosen.

win it or lose it, relying on your destiny or hunch...

it makes sense.

Sure will do ! or write an example of where you are stuck and we can help advise :thumb_yello:

Sod OFF is a great expression :naughty:

And how is it with pay? Pay of or pay off?:wink2:

It's a British term isn't it? I remember this interview on Ellen, and I she didn't know what it meant... I think :naughty:

I saw that too, I could it :kachinga: but poor Ellen didn't :teehee: all thanks to this place!:biggrin2:

Yup strange one that you would expect it to be pay of !

Off tends to be an action or distance :blink:

"Rehearsing all those hours were worth it, the hard work really paid off."

I guess it's like money...as it sort of suggests...when you spend a lot of money on something you want it to be worth it, right? I guess it's similar. When you pay off things like debt or bills it's a huge weight off your shoulders and you can move on. Having something being "paid off" is a good thing...that's the only comparison I can make, really...

I guess it's like money...as it sort of suggests...when you spend a lot of money on something you want it to be worth it, right? I guess it's similar. When you pay off things like debt or bills it's a huge weight off your shoulders and you can move on. Having something being "paid off" is a good thing...that's the only comparison I can make, really...

Hmmm yes I get that , off tends to be more of an action word , so pay off ..means to go ..

Your right its always pays off in the end:biggrin2:

When do you use "a lot" and when "alot"?

And when "all right" and when "alright"?

"alot" is wrong. It is always "a lot" because they are two words. People don't always know this. I used to say that as well until recently lol.

As for the other two, I'm not entirely sure, to be honest. I heard the left was English and the right American, but don't quote me on that. I tend to say "alright" but I'm not even sure if it's right lol

"alot" is wrong. It is always "a lot" because they are two words. People don't always know this. I used to say that as well until recently lol.

As for the other two, I'm not entirely sure, to be honest. I heard the left was English and the right American, but don't quote me on that. I tend to say "alright" but I'm not even sure if it's right lol

All right / alright - both forms used, though my dictionary defines "alright" as an alternative but less acceptable spelling :shun:

:roftl:

Great, thanks a lot! :naughty:

All right / alright - both forms used, though my dictionary defines "alright" as an alternative but less acceptable spelling :shun:

:roftl:

Ah, thanks for clarifying!

Edited by CazGirl

Ahem Miss Pedant - clarifying :wink2:

OH MY GOODNESS. I'm getting dumber by the day. I know what the correct spelling is, why I spelt it like that I have no idea, must have just been a typing error. Oh Lord. Note to self: ALWAYS PROOF READ YOUR POSTS!

Thanks Silver! Will correct now...

It's pay off, but don't ask me why :naughty::aah:

Thank you!:thumb_yello:

Yup strange one that you would expect it to be pay of !

Off tends to be an action or distance :blink:

I told you it was tricky!:aah:

OH MY GOODNESS. I'm getting dumber by the day. I know what the correct spelling is, why I spelt it like that I have no idea, must have just been a typing error. Oh Lord. Note to self: ALWAYS PROOF READ YOUR POSTS!

Thanks Silver! Will correct now...

I can feel your pain.:roftl:..we love you anyway!:wub2:

But the worst thing is when now one says anything and you by accident stumbles on an old post of yours and find a mistake who has been sitting there for ages for the world to see!:blush-anim-cl:

But the worst thing is when now one says anything and you by accident stumbles on an old post of yours and find a mistake who has been sitting there for ages for the world to see!:blush-anim-cl:

I think none's gonna care about mine anyway :teehee:

me likes the informal blabbing full of typos spoken chav like on forums :pinkbow: