Mika Exclusif "ELLE" France Magazine June, 30th 2008

mari62

Thanx for posting Mari! I guess I'll have to go to my book stores to get that issue:naughty:
:) guess everyone of us is going to get it, if we manage to find it :wink2:

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ANOTHER VERSION-TRANSLATION . . .

With Christian Louboutin

On a wall, the hypnotic glance of a mandrill, grabbed by the flash of an Australian photographer, nails you on the spot. Two trapezoids of circus fall from the ceiling. The toes obscenes of beautiful frétillent on a photo signed fetishist David Lynch. And then, resting on racks, tens of models of foot out of red resin barred of the name of their charming owners make you eye: Kylie Minogue, Arielle Dombasle, Zoe Cassavetes, Sofia Coppola… Among all the treasures of the workshop cabinet of curiosities of Christian Louboutin, the genius of the stiletto, Mika, 24 years, the pop singer, come to make fittings for its méga concert of the Park of Princes on July 4 *, does not strip. Its brown hair is buckled like that of a model for painter préraphaélite. Its Jean, immaculate. To the wrist, it carries a bracelet of plastic hearts, gift of a fan, a multitude of multicoloured plates unearthed at the Tate Modern of London, a red and yellow watch bought in MoMA, in New York. The unit translates an esthetics, a taste, a step. Moreover, Louboutin seizes the bracelet of hearts rainbow which Mika tightens to him religieusement, like a relic

In the line of Bowie, Mercury and Nilsson

He and its Master of workshop will make use of it as of a pallet as well as possible to carry out the two pairs of shoes of scene that Louboutin imagined for the pop young person star américano-Lebanese, born with Beirut, and craftsman, with his five million albums sold in the world, of one of the most unexpected successes of the last year. “Full people do not include/understand me, see me like a very sweetened singer, under pretext which I write of the pop melodies and which I balance of the balloons on the public, explains Mika highly, alias Michael Holbrook Penniman, in nearly perfect French (he lived eight years in Paris in the 16th district and attended the Victor-Hugo course). Me, which I like above all, they are contrasts. The opposition enters of the rather dark texts and me and my musicians disguised in animals in cuddly toy on scene. I see there like an assertion of the life. ” Christian Louboutin included/understood it. He took from to the start the author of “Grace Kelly” to serious, like the worthy heir to one blazing line of adventurers the pop one, Bowie with Freddie Mercury, while passing by Harry Nilsson, mythical interpreter with the voice of head of “Without You”, or fabulous Bee Gees. And him which had *chaussé only the women, except John Malkovich for a film and the mannequins men of a procession of the English designer Todd Lynn, agreed with enthusiasm to find shoe with its foot to him.

“One would need escalopes for Mika! ”

“Mika is super intelligent, it is interested, it listens, it controls the means-Eastern art of the discussion, says it posément. And, especially, it understood that the artists of scene should not be equipped as in the life. It is like the Father Christmas! Tina Turner, for which I besides will create escarpins of scene, or Mariah Carey gets dressed completely differently in their shows and at the city. ” Suddenly, he exclaims very seriously: “One would need escalopes for Mika! ” Explanation: the first trade of Louboutin consisted in working for the dancers of the Madnesses Shepherdess… “And I bought veal escalopes to them the every day, which I slipped in front of their ballerinas, to relieve their toes when they made points, reveals it. And, as Mika is very strong to put itself brutally on the points, one could perhaps think of this stratagem”, adds it, joking only with half. On his side, Mika tries on his boots silver plated and gansées of blue, semi-basketball, semi-shoes of boxing, going up on ankle - “It has the fragile ankles”, specifies the creator -, before the assembly: Louboutin TEAM, the photographer of IT, the team of TV which follows it everywhere for the making-of of the spectacle, its mother, round and smiling in its pink dress tyrien, which also deals with the intendance.

One discusses the exact color of the shoes - will they go with the white, black costume and money of the singer? -, of their comfort, their flexibility. Then one passes to the prototypes grolles of clown, black with bands of color. Christian Louboutin proposes to manufacture the right foot with vertical bands, it left with horizontal bands. Mika approves. Between the two artists, collaboration is open: Louboutin, which made eight years of trapezoid as a professional, even suggested in Mika integrating trapezists into his concert… An idea which enchants it. Because, for the Park of the Princes, where it will occur for the first time in front of 55.000 people, the dégingandé and ultra young man smiling imagined Mika Circus Show imposing: decorations

. . .

thanx for posting and translating. :original: btw, it's also on the elle website: http://www.elle.fr/elle/people/la-vie-des-people/interviews/mika-le-show-bouillant/(gid)/663949/(article)/663953

about ioana's question, i think he'd be stupid to use this stuff only this one time in paris and then never again! i'm sure he'll bring some of it to amsterdam too - but probably not everything, if the paris stage is bigger than the amsterdam one. well, he'd better bring along as much as possible! :sneaky2::bleh:

btw, why do all the dvd's get filmed in paris?

ok i think i got who gave mika the star bracelet...:naughty: - but who gave him the heart bracelet? he's had that for ages, and in the text it says it's a fan present...

IT WAS ME!!!! IT WAS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:naughty::roftl:

Sorry....I just wanted to post that again.......I'm still so happy!!:thumb_yello:

IT WAS ME!!!! IT WAS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:naughty::roftl:

Sorry....I just wanted to post that again.......I'm still so happy!!:thumb_yello:

I can't stop looking at the pic and thinking that I had that on MY wrist and now it's on HIS!!! :wub2:

I have the pic as my wallpaper on my phone now too!:thumb_yello:

I'm sooooooo happy for you, too Karen!!!!

Merci Pamette!!!! Je ne savais pas qu'il avait donné une interview aujourd'hui en plus! trop cool! Ca fait du bien de l'entendre!!:bleh:

De rien! :wink2: Faut remercier Mélanie. Ils l'ont interviewé sur Paris. Il a l'air d'y être depuis qq jours. C'est cool!

J'espère que le public du parc appréciera ses efforts. :)

De rien! :wink2: Faut remercier Mélanie. Ils l'ont interviewé sur Paris. Il a l'air d'y être depuis qq jours. C'est cool!

J'espère que le public du parc appréciera ses efforts. :)

MERCI MELANIE!!!!!!!

Ouai ca doit être sur Paris c'est normal... c'est trop trop trop cool! J'en reviens tjs pas!!! Là en France, ce soir!!!!! J'adore!!

cool!:thumb_yello:

:naughty::roftl:

Maybe I could draw some arrows on Mika's arm pointing to the bracelet?? I'm sure he would let me.....:mf_rosetinted:

And make sure you write your name as well. Just so he knows as well. :mf_rosetinted: