LICM Piano Book

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

guys i'm thinking of getting the piano book to LICM, but i'm really dyslexic and can't read music, so is it worth me getting it ?????

Hi!

Well.. i don't know.. If it's not too expensive you can buy it and ask to someone to help you!:wink2: Do you play the piano well?

guys i'm thinking of getting the piano book to LICM, but i'm really dyslexic and can't read music, so is it worth me getting it ?????

If you're dyslexic then you won't be able to read the actual notes, but if you want to know the chords you should buy it because they should be listed at the top of each measure.

yeah you see i'm learning to play the keyboard but (like mika) reading music means nothing to me beacause i can't read it i'm too dyslexic so i kind of learn by ear, any of you guys in the same boat as me has anyone got any tips ????

yeah you see i'm learning to play the keyboard but (like mika) reading music means nothing to me beacause i can't read it i'm too dyslexic so i kind of learn by ear, any of you guys in the same boat as me has anyone got any tips ????

I'm not dyslexic, but I prefer learning a song by ear than by reading sheet music. (I'm really slow at reading music :naughty:). I usually just go on youtube, or just learn by ear. Mika uses fairly simple chords so it's not that hard to figure out by ear. You search search Youtube for some tutorials of his songs :wink2:

Youtubes the best option...there are some really good step-by-step tutorials...I use them more than sheet music even though I can read music with no problem. The book itself isn't very accurate anyway, even if you can read music!

yeah i've been on youtube, currently trying to learn grace kelly which is fun, i know the intro already. Btw i've been on my keyboard beleive it or not but i think i now know "Over My Shoulder" All the way through, i feel really proud of myself :punk:and was just by listening to mika on LICM does that mean i have a musical ear ???? lol

btw does anyone know how to play "Relax (Take It Easy)" the acoustic version ??? i've been trying to look for that on youtube but people are only telling how to play the studio version on there

Any Other World is pretty easy to learn too, it's pretty repetitive the whole way through. Stuck In The Middle is pretty fun to learn too...

I have the sheet music for Relax Acoustic somewhere as a PDF file but it might take me a while to find it but that's not very helpful if you can't read music I guess..

Youtubes the best option...there are some really good step-by-step tutorials...I use them more than sheet music even though I can read music with no problem. The book itself isn't very accurate anyway, even if you can read music!

I noticed that too!! :roftl::roftl::roftl:

I am dyslexic too and can't really read sheet music but I have the book anyway as I thought it would be nice to own.

I do use it to give me the notes (I have to stare at each one and then write the letter underneath the score though!!) then play it from just knowing the tune.

I'm only just learning to play the keyboards though so I'm really rubbish....but am practising as much as I can!

Wanting to be able to play Mika's songs is really spurring me on!

I hope you find a way that suits you...as others have said, there are different ways out there. :thumb_yello:

thanx vixenbbw, i hope you too become at the keyboard.

btw the way i just thought i'd tell you guys that i can officially play "Over My Shoulder" all the way through yyyiiipppppeee, for me thats quite an achievement for me

my favorite is billy brown.

personally i love the piano book, but then i'm pretty good at reading sheet music too.

it does have the chords at the top of each measure, yes, but they're gutair chords and will need a little changing from the piano.

if you learn better by ear then maybe you should buy the acoustic versions of the songs, where it will sound clearer, coz persoanlly i hav't seen many good versions of youtube.

Any Other World is pretty easy to learn too, it's pretty repetitive the whole way through. Stuck In The Middle is pretty fun to learn too...

I have the sheet music for Relax Acoustic somewhere as a PDF file but it might take me a while to find it but that's not very helpful if you can't read music I guess..

:shocked:you have the relax acoustic sheet music:shocked::shocked:....do you thnk there's any way....?:bleh:

thanx vixenbbw, i hope you too become at the keyboard.

btw the way i just thought i'd tell you guys that i can officially play "Over My Shoulder" all the way through yyyiiipppppeee, for me thats quite an achievement for me

:yay: it really is an achievement and it was for me too!

i kinda don't suggest getting the piano book b/c it's really not true to the songs...and they're really really hard [well for me anyway and i've been playing for 9 years!:bleh:...i'm not that great but i will say i can read music rather easily but i found it's hard to put it all together] so i stay stick with youtube and hearing...it's your best bet:wink2:

lol love the smliey musicfreak lol,

yeah i guess your right, i was thinkin of getting the piano book, but the thing is i knew i'd be singing just looking at the music and thininking "OH MY GOD" lol. i think i'm gonna learn "Any Other World" next cus as people have said on here it's simple and i love the acoustic version. I'm gonna try and learn "Relax" i know it's sound hard but i love the acoustic version, plus i have a karaoke version to the acoustic version of "Relax".

btw, how does Erase written ????? on the piano book ???? i'd love to hear a piano acoustic version of that

I'm not dsylexic, but I can't read sheet music. If you want to add to your Mika pile, you might wanna pick up the book. But I LOVE youtube! I've learned and hand full of songs off of it, some of those people are great at breaking the songs down!:thumb_yello:

personally i would reccomend the book. it may be hard, but at least yoiu have something reliable to base on!

where can we buy the book ? I've done 7 years of piano and I've tried to do them by ear but I'd like the book to see if I was right, does anyone know where I can buy it ?

Youtube is pretty good to learn the songs on the piano/keyboard. The book could be tricky to read if you can't read the notes (but it's great to have as part of a Mika collection :naughty:) and as Jennie said it's not really accurate.

I just got the piano book from Amazon.com.

I like having it because it's colorful and has three excellent quality, full-page photos of Mika in the beginning. I don't play piano, but I am learning the guitar.

The book contains the guitar chords for the songs. I like that the chords are accompanied by the finger charts so that I can fake it even though I haven't learned which letters go with which chords yet.

If they turn out to be as inaccurate as the piano part, I'll have an excellent opportunity to exercise my ear and improvisational skills. If nothing else, the book is a good place for me to start.

If you want the book for the pictures and a reference for a place to start, then I think it's worth every penny. I'm glad to have it. :punk:

ooo i hope the guitar works out:wink2: yea i like, the pictures are soo:mf_lustslow:

yay i can now play "lollipop" !!!!!!!!!!!

:yay: that's freakin awsome!!:punk:

Am I the only one who is having a bit of trouble playing the songs? I got the music book in March and I've been trying to learn all of the songs and so far I've only been able to play My Interpretation. I had my friend who is like a piano guru try to play Grace Kelly but it sounded off...HELP!!! MUST. PLAY. MIKA'S. MUSIC!