LICM Piano Book

Am I the only one who is having a bit of trouble playing the songs? I got the music book in March and I've been trying to learn all of the songs and so far I've only been able to play My Interpretation. I had my friend who is like a piano guru try to play Grace Kelly but it sounded off...HELP!!! MUST. PLAY. MIKA'S. MUSIC!

no you're not the only one who had trouble.....i eventually gave up and just listened to the music and figured it out on the piano:bleh:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no you're not the only one who had trouble.....i eventually gave up and just listened to the music and figured it out on the piano:bleh:

Oooh, I'll try that. That's kind of like what I did my M.I. because I got the beginning part from the book but I had to teach myself the rest because the sheet music confused me :blink:

Oooh, I'll try that. That's kind of like what I did my M.I. because I got the beginning part from the book but I had to teach myself the rest because the sheet music confused me :blink:

The book is a bit crap-ish.. I find that a lot of the notes are wrong. But it looks pretty :biggrin2:

The book is a bit crap-ish.. I find that a lot of the notes are wrong. But it looks pretty :biggrin2:

My friend said that it is sort of aimed at multiple instruments, so it makes it more difficult for piano players. MMmhhhhmm, I agree - The photos and the cover are splendiddd :wub2:

• 3 weeks later...

i bought the LICM piano book a few weeks ago! i used to have piano lessons when i was younger but i've always struggled to read sheet music. anyways, so far i can play about 4 pages of 'Over my Shoulder', half of 'Happy Ending' and bits of 'Grace Kelly', 'My Interpretation' and 'Lollipop' but it isn't easy! some of the pieces are v confusing and i find it easier to just play the chords instead! anyway, it's still fun learning Mika's songs, it drives my older sis mad though, she hates Mika (i know, she's obviously really stupid) luuuurvin the LICM piano book l2a Rx :-D

• 1 month later...

I've just ordered it today, on Amazon. I had been hesitating for a long time, but I decided to buy it!!!

I know how to play the beginning of Happy Ending. I used to have piano lessons, but I stopped 5 years ago. No I have to learn everything again lol. But I'll manage it, I hope!!:D:D

I've just ordered it today, on Amazon. I had been hesitating for a long time, but I decided to buy it!!!

I know how to play the beginning of Happy Ending. I used to have piano lessons, but I stopped 5 years ago. No I have to learn everything again lol. But I'll manage it, I hope!!:D:D

You made a good decision :thumb_yello: I also stopped playing the piano like 5 years ago, but I remember a few things :naughty:

You made a good decision :thumb_yello: I also stopped playing the piano like 5 years ago, but I remember a few things :naughty:

I've never been really good at reading music, but playing it just by listening is just impossible for me to do, so... I write down all the notes (what takes me ages) and try to play. But it's coming and getting better!!:)

I've never been really good at reading music, but playing it just by listening is just impossible for me to do, so... I write down all the notes (what takes me ages) and try to play. But it's coming and getting better!!:)

You'll manage it then :thumb_yello: That's what I did with the book, I wrote all the notes so I get less confused.

I finally learned Over My Shoulder. I can't play any of the other ones though..

I don't know why I bought the piano book since I can't really play the piano..

I can only play like the first few notes of OMS.. and a few other songs.

Cos it's a pretty book with pretty pictures :wub2:

Oh are there pictures?? :boing::D

oh yep there are some gorjuss pix at the start of the book of Mika performing etc:wub2:. omg i can FINALLY play ALL of 'Over my shoulder' :roftl:(yay) now i'm tryin to learn 'Erase' cus i luuurve it so much, (soooo gutted it's not on the UK version of the Album):thumbdown: and i'm about halfway through 'Happy Ending'. i'm quite chuffed i bought it now i can actually play one of the songs :-D xxx

yeah you see i'm learning to play the keyboard but (like mika) reading music means nothing to me beacause i can't read it i'm too dyslexic so i kind of learn by ear, any of you guys in the same boat as me has anyone got any tips ????

I think I've seen a 'Dyslexic Pride' thread on the Chin Wagging section. Maybe you should post on it, and chat with others who are dyslexic. Good luck to you anyway. Mika has proved that there are no barriers. You may have to do things differently, but that's not a bad thing. Great things can come out of being unique in your approach to things.

It is a good book:wink2: even though there are many mistakes in the transcriptions. Also, the keys have been changed for Happy ending, love today and Lollipop.

The piano parts are not what Mika plays, and will sound crap if played as written. Its much better to read the chord and arpegiate it, or play around with it..:punk:

It is a good book:wink2: even though there are many mistakes in the transcriptions. Also, the keys have been changed for Happy ending, love today and Lollipop.

The piano parts are not what Mika plays, and will sound crap if played as written. Its much better to read the chord and arpegiate it, or play around with it..:punk:

It would also be nice to fly to the moon and back, or maybe to get Mika to come round and play my keyboard for me.

And no less likely than my suddenly being able to "read the chord and arpegiate it, or play around with it"

I cannot do that.... I don't have "the ear" you know? impossible... So I guess I'll stick to the sheets... lol

And I have noticed changes in Happy Ending, cause I had found the partitions on the Net before, and it's not the same...