Paul McCartney and Wings.

MIKA_OBESSED

woab.jpg

Source:Wikipedia.

History.

As the Beatles were breaking up in 1970, McCartney was working on his debut solo album, McCartney. Backing vocals were provided by his wife, Linda, whom he had married the previous year. McCartney had insisted from the beginning of their marriage that his wife should be involved in his musical projects, so that they did not have to be apart when he was on tour.On his second solo album, Ram, McCartney added select outside musicians, including drummer Denny Seiwell, who had to perform in a secret audition for Paul and Linda before being chosen.

Line Ups.

1971-1972

* Paul McCartney - vocals, bass, keyboards, guitar

* Linda McCartney - vocals, keyboards

* Denny Laine - vocals, guitar, bass, piano

* Denny Seiwell - drums, percussion

1972-1973

* Denny Seiwell - drums, percussion

* Henry McCullough - guitar, vocals

* Paul McCartney - vocals, bass, keyboards, guitar, drums

1974-1975

* Jimmy McCulloch - vocals, guitar

* Geoff Britton - drums, percussion

1975-1977

* Jimmy McCulloch - vocals, guitar

* Joe English - vocals, drums, percussion

1977-1978

* Paul McCartney - vocals, bass, keyboards, guitar, drums

1978-1981

* Laurence Juber - vocals, guitar

* Steve Holly - vocals, drums, percussion

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It really helped Paul Mccartney to become the most popular co-member of the beatles to form a new band.

Band on the Run and Mull of Kintyre were great tracks..

Too bad they had to do Mary had a little lamb though.

Hi!

Yesterday Paul McCartney gives a free concert in Quebec for the 400th anniversary of the city. I was there and it was amazing! :punk:

He sang his songs and songs of The Beatles. I have no word to say how it was great. More than 200 000 people were there. Crazy!

I will keep marvellous memories of that concert:mf_rosetinted:.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sitting In The Stand Of The Sports Arena

Waiting For The Show To Begin

Red Lights, Green Lights, Strawberry Wine,

A Good Friend Of Mine, Follows The Stars,

Venus And Mars

Are Alright Tonight.

:punk:

All i have to say is :wub2:

Favorite songs of the moment: Helen Wheels, Big Barn Bed, Hi Hi Hi, Rockshow and ummmm who am i kidding, i like them all.

Edited by Mici

paul_mccartney_considering_shrek_soundtrack_cameo_200x50.jpg

Posted on November 9, 2008 by Matt

Paul signs up for role in Shrek 4

Paul is adding a new movie to his own personal filmography. We all know that Mike Meyers is a HUGE Beatles fan, and it must be a great kick for him to be working with the Beatle legend.

Sir Paul will be getting into the frey on the next Shrek movie. I wonder what type of character our beloved Paulie will be tackling in the latest animated adventure. Whoever Paul lends his voice to, I’m sure it’ll be a fun ride. Maybe he’ll post a new track on the next Shrek soundtrack too.

Here’s what we’ve read.

Paul McCartney isn’t shy of getting involved in animated adventures - who could forget The Frog Chorus?

The Beatles great has signed up for a voiceover role in Shrek 4.

His old Frog Chorus co-star RUPERT THE BEAR will be jealous when he finds out.

Macca joins the list of huge stars involved in the ogre franchise - including CAMERON DIAZ and ANTONIO BANDERAS.

A source said: “The Shrek films have a proud tradition of getting great names and Macca is the best yet.”

And it won’t be hard to get his personality across in the character - just add a lot of eyebrow movement and plenty of thumbs in the air.

It’s a good move for Macca, showing he is back on top form since his divorce from HEATHER MILLS.

I got hold of an exclusive snap from his dressing room at the MTV Europe Music Awards on Thursday, where he picked up the Ultimate Legend gong on home turf in Liverpool.

He was pictured with U2’s BONO, rap lord KANYE WEST and Welsh diamond KELLY JONES from STEREOPHONICS.

I wonder who bought the drinks? They’ve got a fair few quid between them.

It’s the second time in a week that Kelly, whose band release their greatest hits on Monday, has bumped into Bono.

At Monday’s Music Industry Trust Awards the Irish hero spent the night sat on Kelly’s knee - but Bono can trump that tale.

Macca told his chauffeur to take Thursday afternoon off then went to Liverpool’s John Lennon airport to pick Bono up in person.

He then took his pal for a Magical Mystery Tour of the sights that inspired the most famous songs of all-time. Wow.

Strawberry Fields children’s home, Penny Lane and their most famous haunt, The Cavern Club, were included - with the most authentic Scouse tour guide on the planet.

I once shelled out £50 to a Merseyside cabbie for the same trip. For the same route with Macca at the wheel, I’d expect a seven-figure meter reading.

Source: UK Sun

paul_mccartney_considering_shrek_soundtrack_cameo_200x50.jpg

Posted on November 9, 2008 by Matt

Paul signs up for role in Shrek 4

Paul is adding a new movie to his own personal filmography. We all know that Mike Meyers is a HUGE Beatles fan, and it must be a great kick for him to be working with the Beatle legend.

Sir Paul will be getting into the frey on the next Shrek movie. I wonder what type of character our beloved Paulie will be tackling in the latest animated adventure. Whoever Paul lends his voice to, I’m sure it’ll be a fun ride. Maybe he’ll post a new track on the next Shrek soundtrack too.

Here’s what we’ve read.

Paul McCartney isn’t shy of getting involved in animated adventures - who could forget The Frog Chorus?

The Beatles great has signed up for a voiceover role in Shrek 4.

His old Frog Chorus co-star RUPERT THE BEAR will be jealous when he finds out.

Macca joins the list of huge stars involved in the ogre franchise - including CAMERON DIAZ and ANTONIO BANDERAS.

A source said: “The Shrek films have a proud tradition of getting great names and Macca is the best yet.”

And it won’t be hard to get his personality across in the character - just add a lot of eyebrow movement and plenty of thumbs in the air.

It’s a good move for Macca, showing he is back on top form since his divorce from HEATHER MILLS.

I got hold of an exclusive snap from his dressing room at the MTV Europe Music Awards on Thursday, where he picked up the Ultimate Legend gong on home turf in Liverpool.

He was pictured with U2’s BONO, rap lord KANYE WEST and Welsh diamond KELLY JONES from STEREOPHONICS.

I wonder who bought the drinks? They’ve got a fair few quid between them.

It’s the second time in a week that Kelly, whose band release their greatest hits on Monday, has bumped into Bono.

At Monday’s Music Industry Trust Awards the Irish hero spent the night sat on Kelly’s knee - but Bono can trump that tale.

Macca told his chauffeur to take Thursday afternoon off then went to Liverpool’s John Lennon airport to pick Bono up in person.

He then took his pal for a Magical Mystery Tour of the sights that inspired the most famous songs of all-time. Wow.

Strawberry Fields children’s home, Penny Lane and their most famous haunt, The Cavern Club, were included - with the most authentic Scouse tour guide on the planet.

I once shelled out £50 to a Merseyside cabbie for the same trip. For the same route with Macca at the wheel, I’d expect a seven-figure meter reading.

Source: UK Sun

*worships Macca for being a totally awesome human being to Bono*

I'd love to see all those places Paul and Bono went to...

Speaking of the MTV EMAs, I've been having an argument with a moron on Youtube who has being saying some very nasty things about Bono...