What Are The Chances Of Mika Coming To A Christian Music Concert?

racinghorse83

I heard a rumor (most likely not true) that mika may be coming to Parachute

'09 in New Zealand.

parachute is a four-day christian festival in summer, the majority of the people camp on-site. it is alcohol and drug free, (this is mainly so they dont have to control drunk and crazy crowds.) it has a average yearly attendence of 280,000. this year there was 170 bands.

what is the likelihood of mika coming? mika is catholic yes? it all sounds a bit weird and highly unlikely to me...

http://www.parachutemusic.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWkxm4vRUHA

a youtube vidoe link to a report of the event, as you can see its not very "christiany"

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean to cause any controversy here, but what do alcohol and drugs have to do with religion? As far as I know, Islam is the only religion that has a ban on these substances, I never heard anything about Christianity.

I just can't understand it.:boxed:.

Back on topic and answering your question: I personally don't think it's likely.

I don't mean to cause any controversy here, but what do alcohol and drugs have to do with religion? As far as I know, Islam is the only religion that has a ban on these substances, I never heard anything about Christianity.

Back on topic and answering your question: I personally don't think it's likely.

Different branches of Christianity have different views on alcohol. There aren't really any "bans" on alcohol as with Islam, and some don't think drinking alcohol is a sin but they believe getting drunk is, therefore they just don't drink alcohol at all or drink in small moderations. In particular, most Mormons abstain from alcohol. Baptists and Jehovah Witnesses both strongly discourage alcohol consumption as well.

the organisers have nothing against alcohol (but of course some issues with drugs.) these items are just prohibited so that the event runs smoothly. it works fine and they never have to deal with drunken crowds etc. thats why its banned at the festival. :thumb_yello:

Aren't Christian music festivals generally centered around artists who perform Christian music - bands like Jars of Clay and Mercy Me for example?

If that's the case, I don't think Mika would fit in there. :blink:

Yes, that's typically what happens. I've been to Christian festivals/conferences and the bands that perform are Christian-based. That's why I think this isn't true.

i thought so.

it's just this year they had switchfoot and next year FF5 will be there. does anyone know how i could work out if mika will be there?

I think you can trust me when I say the odds of him performing at this sort of event is simply highly unlikely. Mika doesn't even have songs that pertain to Christianity. If I'm not mistaken Switchfoot is an alternative band, but they do have songs that are Christian-based. I think it's similar to the band Relient K. That's a band that appeals to an alternative audience, but their music is Christian in nature. These two kinds of bands are basically a mixture of Christian/alternative music.

Of course, I could be misinterpreting what this event is all about, but if it is what I'm thinking it is...then I stick with my comments.

and I am concerned of levels and tolerance. I know I went to one event and felt very out of place because of my way of life and personal belief system.

These can be good if love is universal and there isn't music against sin and make people feel bad...Some Christian music is fantastic tho..about God loving everyone..I am sure a Catholic event would be more open I think...I have witnessed or heard of some Christian music events i would not step my foot in because they would not make me feel comfortable. But another I have had a wonderful time! so I suppose it depends

i thought so.

it's just this year they had switchfoot and next year FF5 will be there. does anyone know how i could work out if mika will be there?

I thought Switchfoot was a Christian band. At least they started out that way.

Different branches of Christianity have different views on alcohol. There aren't really any "bans" on alcohol as with Islam, and some don't think drinking alcohol is a sin but they believe getting drunk is, therefore they just don't drink alcohol at all or drink in small moderations. In particular, most Mormons abstain from alcohol. Baptists and Jehovah Witnesses both strongly discourage alcohol consumption as well.

Yes, Methodists traditianally frown on alcohol, although modern Methodists, like me, do drink, but not to excess. I can understand them banning it in a festival though, to keep the people well-behaved. It would be great if Mika did a Christian gig! He could compose a fabulous worship song for it! But my thought is that it's just a rumour.