The Australian Thread: Part Sixteen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, no, I must have missed it :naughty:

:naughty: I can't help when I don't know what's really going on with it..

I don't have a DVD recorder so it's all porridge to me.

But here goes nothin'...

Tan.. What sort of file did you record The Kooks as?

goood morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why hello there!

More like; someone is obsviously too used to Tanya being absent :fisch:

It's 4.38! Trains started again 8 minutes ago! The first train should be arriving at my station very soon! I'm gonna print this letter and go and find somewhere that sells envelopes/stamps After someone tells me if I should write CWA above the PO box bit :naughty:

Well then Ms. Smarty Britches....I won't tell you that it is converting as we speak....so :bleh: I have been present for two whole weeks now...is it my fault that you always log on when I'm not here!

What do you want us to do....write the envelope for you....Oh, that's right Kelzy did!

:shocked: How often have you let Mike come over to your place??

She does.. She sooooooooooo desperately does.. :naughty:

You would.. evil woman..

Oh, don't look so shocked :naughty:

hard cheese, I'm only giving it to Petra :roftl:

*disappears in a wall of flames* muwahahahahahahaha

Grandma Brown, is it? :naughty:

No *hmph*

If we had a beach here I would. But it's an hour away.. and normally I can't be bothered driving that far. But, the pools are good.

Photoshoot purple woolen dress??

I'm the same. I have "I'll wear it again one day" clothes everywhere.. I can't hand me down to Sister Melzy.. she's too fussy. Kobiii happily steals my clothes though. Ok, tonight I definitely put washing away.. *makes mental note not to procrastinate about it later.*

:bow:

Uncle Melzy owns this house and he's talked about living in the shed a few times.. Unfortunately he's not a lesbian.. Well, actually.. maybe..

It does :das:

And, it's "Maybenohnoh" :naughty:

I just assume your uni should have hot guys.. What's wrong with that? :smth:

You can spend time at Becster beach... its two hours away for you... but the company is worth it *pbs*

Maybe photoshoot later .... or wear on meet up sometime *smth*

Sister becster isn't fussy.... that and my clothes tend to be better than hers *zhhz*

He might be indeed......

OKay..... well maybeyesh is still better than maybenohnoh :das:

:naughty: I can't help when I don't know what's really going on with it..

But here goes nothin'...

S**t...HTF would I know :roftl:

I put the DVD in the recorder and push record......It's IFO but that DVDx thingie seems to be doing something....hopefully what I want it to!

Edit: It just came up with an error saying size splitting doesn't work in "2passAVImode"....got rid of that and now it says failed to initialise video codec...check export format!

:woot_jump: It's working! I had to change it to MPEG not AVI

Hmmmmm... was it Scots School Pipes and Drums (from Bathurst) or Waratah and Thistle pipes and drums (Hornsby/Singleton/our Pipe Major)... Scots School were wearing Mackenzie tartan and went to the world championships, and Waratah and Thistle (dunno what tartan it was, can find a pic though) went over to play with a few different bands... not 100% sure what they did (PM is coming back tomorrow)...

He was on his knees talking to my family, and I came up and started talking to him... I wasn't that drunk :naughty:... though I did ask him to buy some tickets and he bought some and said he bought more from me cause the last person (my sister) didn't bend over so much :das:...

I think it was the Waratah band - but I could be wrong - the name

rings a bell!!

:lmao:

HK and Wendi - did you see the question I asked in the Scottish thread?

Off to check!! :thumb_yello:

And who is Wes carr? (Or more importantly - picture?)

m_e1cac21fc659886a79850f08f322c15a.jpg

I think he is scrumdiddlyumptious!!!! Actually, OKD, you know how I don't find Mika sexy? I find this guy sexy as hell!

I don't know how people can hate summer... actually... I hate it at times (when I'm working or my fan dies, or Im suffering major salt water allergies and can't beach it)... but most times I love it :wink2:

Winter depresses me and makes me sick

I hate being hot. I REALLY hate being hot. And I spent 8 years in QLD ft trying to sleep in the daytime humidity after night shift, and whinging about it, and I've never gotten out of the habit!

Hello :naughty: <--- I picked him cause I went to the dentist today. Thought my crown needed a repair but it was the tooth next to it so PHEW it was $150 instead of $1500 so I am pain free and happy ATM :thumb_yello:

Woohoo for less expensive Dentist bills.

I love summer, except for the "Omfg it's 40 degrees and I'm sweating so much I can't function" moments.. But when it's around 30 degrees I love it.

I don't mind sunny winter days.. But I'd like it more if it didn't feel like winter lasted 8 months. :naughty:

:naughty: Noice.. I really need to donate some clothes to the salvos. I have that problem where the drawers are full and the washing's done.. and all the clothes I wear stay in the basket..

When my mother comes to stay she catches up on all the ironing. That's when I know how many clothes I really have and how much is usually in transit and therefore actually fits in the cupboards. She keeps telling me I don't have enough hangers, when usually I have plenty sitting there with nothing on them:naughty:

...Tori Amos

You sayed Tori Amos! :naughty::thumb_yello:

NOOOOOO!!!! *hates summer with a vengeance*

Gosh, now I feel old. I saw Tori Amos in concert years ago when I was at Uni.

Wow, I hate Summer also! You saw Tori in concert years ago.. and I saw Tori in concert a year ago! We're like.. the same person.. or something.. :wink2::naughty:

You got to see vintage Tori! :punk:

Just in case DC misses it..

I saw it! I saw it! I pee'd a little. But I saw it!

I can't help when I don't know what's really going on with it..

But here goes nothin'...

Are you still missing the part where I demanded a thurough set of instructions? :smth:

Well then Ms. Smarty Britches....I won't tell you that it is converting as we speak....so I have been present for two whole weeks now...is it my fault that you always log on when I'm not here!

What do you want us to do....write the envelope for you....Oh, that's right Kelzy did!

Psht :sneaky2:

hard cheese, I'm only giving it to Petra

:licks_lips: I hate all this crappy bendy-plastic stuff.

And if Petra has it, I'll have it in 30 minutes flat.

It's working! I had to change it to MPEG not AVI

:woot_jump:

m_e1cac21fc659886a79850f08f322c15a.jpg

I think he is scrumdiddlyumptious!!!! Actually, OKD, you know how I don't find Mika sexy? I find this guy sexy as hell!

Did anyone see the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie the toher day? That was horrendous. A disgrace to the original movie/book.

Oh yes, but :licks_lips:! What does he sound like though? :naughty:

Wow, I hate Summer also! You saw Tori in concert years ago.. and I saw Tori in concert a year ago! We're like.. the same person.. or something..

:lmfao:

Oh, and my stupid laptop threw a hissy fit at the computer nerd or something. Funny thing, I'll get my phone *goes to get phone*

So I sent my dad a text asking him to check if my laptop was ready to be picked up and I got this back from him: "No the entire drive died, he had to restart the whole process which took him 16 hours. he is hoping its ready tomorrow but i reckon not for a few days"

So I replied "thanks mark" and he replied "no worries :original:"

:lol3: If the fact that it was even an actual text message was enough of a give away that it wasn't my dad, because he is completely incapable with a phone, then he starts talking about my computer and going against what the computer expert says :roftl: Okaaay, no, that's not him :naughty:

Which reminds me - my brother won the lotto. That's why he was with my dad today. He was buying a new car, because his old one well and truly died yesterday as well. Yeah, he won $14,000, division two or smth, and spent $12,000 on a car.

At dinner my brother was saying some other stuff about my computer (obviously he talked to the computer guy), but I wasn't really listening because the thought of it all put me in a bit of a panic state, but he said something about him needing to back my harddrive up twice or something, so hopefully that means I don't ****ing lose anything. But it did also make me wonder vaguely whether they look at the stuff they are backing up *cough*aridiculousamountofgigabytesofmikapicturesanddontevengetmestartedonthekooksetc*cough* :naughty:

Ah, and another random story: I went in to the exam, having been cramming all night and morning, got my exam paper infront of me, wrote my name and student number on it, looked at it again and went "oh ****, that's a great start." :naughty: I wrote my name in the student number box and my student number in the name box. And then, after the exam, I was telling this to my friends, and one turned around and high-fived me - because she did the exact same thing, everyone is laughing, one person is laughing a little too much ... turns out she didn't just do that, but she also wrote her mobile phone number instead of her student number.

Proof that exams destroy brain cells if I've ever seen it. :original:

Guess what? My younger sister won two tickets to Sensation White! I wanted to go originally but it costs around $140 each and it was almost sold out, but now I can! :kachinga: Basically it's a massive European style dance party crossed with Cirque Du Soleil ft. arena sets, live performers, light shows, fire works and of course thousands of people dancing all dressed in white. :groovy: It's the first time it's coming to the Southern Hemisphere and it's going to be in Melbourne for New Years Eve. :punk:

Here's the trailer:

Is anyone else going? I'm excoited. :boing::yay:

Guess what? My younger sister won two tickets to Sensation White! I wanted to go originally but it costs around $140 each and it was almost sold out, but now I can! :kachinga: Basically it's a massive European style dance party crossed with Cirque Du Soleil ft. arena sets, live performers, light shows, fire works and of course thousands of people dancing all dressed in white. :groovy: It's the first time it's coming to the Southern Hemisphere and it's going to be in Melbourne for New Years Eve. :punk:

Here's the trailer:

I'm excoited. :boing::yay:

Ooooh, that sounds awesome! Free stuff is great! I always wanted to go to Cirque Du Soleil or something, but it's so fricking expensive.

I can't watch the trailer though, my dad's computer is crap :tears:

How did she get the tickets?

Ooooh, that sounds awesome! Free stuff is great! I always wanted to go to Cirque Du Soleil or something, but it's so fricking expensive.

I can't watch the trailer though, my dad's computer is crap :tears:

How did she get the tickets?

She won them through a competition run by a university open day she went to a few weeks ago. It was kinda random, I don't think she expected to win anything. But now she has and she's taking me along with her (since supposedly my older sister would be a party pooper of a chaperone :naughty:).

The MFC is really quiet today :tears:

And I haven't spoken to Petra in days :crybaby: :crybaby:

And I haven't seen/touched my laptop in over 24 hours :tears::crybaby:

I think I'll just go and commit suicide, okies?

That would make a novel suicide note: "I love you Mum and Dad but I'm sorry, the MFC was quiet today therefore I can no longer live". :mf_rosetinted:

She won them through a competition run by a university open day she went to a few weeks ago. It was kinda random, I don't think she expected to win anything. But now she has and she's taking me along with her (since supposedly my older sister would be a party pooper of a chaperone :naughty:).

Oooh, awesome! I always ignore those free draw things :naughty:

That would make a novel suicide note: "I love you Mum and Dad but I'm sorry, the MFC was quiet today therefore I can no longer live". :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl: No no no. "I love you Ambrose, but I'm sorry, the MFC was quiet today therefore I can no longer live. ... I leave everything to you." :tears:

Has anyone seen the "Katy Brand" mika spoof? I wanna watch iiiit :crybaby:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1812998#post1812998

Hiya & See ya !! :bye: I have a very dear g/f staying for a couple of days & tonight we cooked a yummy meal ft. a few beers & wines .. a great chin wag & tomorrow she is gonna help me Spring Clean !!! :cheerful_h4h: ... gotta love very dear g/fs !!!!! :wub2:

Sounds like a great plan! :lol3:

You have a lot of friends over all the time HK!

And this was juts on the msn news thing, and it seemed relevant to the discussion a few weeks ago:

Harry potter star reveals nude stage fright

16 Sep, 2008

Harry Potter's Daniel Radcliffe admits his manhood shrank "to the size of a hamster" in his nude appearance on stage.

What's more embarrassing than forgetting your lines on the opening night of a Broadway play?

For Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe, it's when he appeared naked on stage and a part of his anatomy shrank "to the size of a hamster".

The 19 year old actor admits that although nudity wasn't an issue for him, he is "terribly self conscious".

Radcliff will appear in a Broadway version of 'Equus' -- a play where he bares all as a stable boy.

"You tighten up like a hamster," he said.

At the time, Radcliffe remembers thinking to himself, "There's a thousand people here and I don't think [people] would expect you to look best in this situation."

Good Morning Ho! :wub2:

Oh, I love rubber cakes..

You have 11 days. :naughty:

You may regret you said that .....

Is ok Silver, we will protect you :wink2:

:wub2:Thank you Tanya

I hate being hot. I REALLY hate being hot.

Ditto. At work I have my fan on all the time. And sit right under the aircon (when I can persuade them to switch it on :sneaky2:

Wow, I hate Summer also! You saw Tri in concert years ago.. and I saw Tori in concert a year ago! We're like.. the same person.. or something.. :wink2:

No - :shocked: chickadee is me - we established this a long time ago.

Sucks about the laptop OD...

Mine has an overheating problem that I should take in to get fixed.... but I don't want to lose it for a given amount of time.... so instead I've worked out how to work around it.

Congrats about the sisters tickets Twatty... sounds like a fun time

Morning all.... what are the plans for today

Today I have placement ft going home early, a quick pit stop here, then driving sister becster to avalon airport (the one thats forever away)

Official Thank You Statement.

Dear Aussi-thread-participants,

I hope I find you all well. At the moment work is totally taking over and I habe absolutely no time to MFC :crybaby:. God, Tegan, I am SORRY that I still havent come back to you :crybaby:.

But - the following:

I wanted to say THANK YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH to all of you.

I got an email this afternoon telling me that I was one of those that had registered for the Kooks at the apple store gig-thingy and that the first 25 that would reply to that email would get the tickets. That drove me RELATIVELY crazy (:mad3:!!!) because this is absolutely unfair - I've been harrassing people to click that stupid link and now it obviously didnt count how many points you had. And this stupid email was sent out yesterday evening and I didnt even have the time during work to check my bloody emails. So I replied to this email this morning, told the guys on their MySpace how fricking unfair this is, registered again somewhere else with the link they gave in their newest block/bulletin, went to the Apple store after work, embarrassed myself with asking the shop assistant fangurlish question ("So when would we have to turn up to be, like, first row centre? :fisch:"), etc.pp. I was SO angry the complete day! How unfair was that?? (That stupid email thing I mean.)

Anyway, we (Ana and I) just received an email telling us that we won tickets. I´'m still... I don't know. It's too much input at the moment. Work is so **** right now and I get home at 8PM or later and I don't have time for anything and then, after a day of agony, you get a mail telling you that you are going to see the Kooks on Thursday. I am amazed.

And that is why I wanted to say thank you. No idea why I finally got the tickets. No no no idea. But thank you so much for helping me (or rather us)!!!!

:cheerful_h4h: