The Australian Thread: Part Sixteen

Rainbow Sky

Awwww. Is there no other way you can do it? Can you find someone to tutor you?

:blink: Did you bullet point the examples?

Well,my school has the same kind of extra lessons but they really suck, not many people pass the exam after..:thumbdown:

The worst thing is that I've been attending those lessons since I was eight! They're like a part of me now (I know how lame it all sounds :naughty: but it's unfortunately real..)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awwww. Is there no other way you can do it? Can you find someone to tutor you?

:blink: Did you bullet point the examples?

Can't bullet points in essays.... its got to "flow" and all that stuff.....

I'll just have to put more examples (somehow :naughty:) into this one :naughty:

Well,my school has the same kind of extra lessons but they really suck, not many people pass the exam after..:thumbdown:

The worst thing is that I've been attending those lessons since I was eight! They're like a part of me now (I know how lame it all sounds :naughty: but it's unfortunately real..)

Are you subscribed to Freddie's English thread :naughty:

No, it doesn't sound lame that it's a part of your life. You must enjoy it. And I think your English is really good.

Can't bullet points in essays.... its got to "flow" and all that stuff.....

I'll just have to put more examples (somehow :naughty:) into this one :naughty:

You're skilled Becster! You can do it!!

It's not weird, it's.. charismatic.

Okay, I've changed again! Anything wrong with this one?

:roftl:

Yes, this one is fine :thumb_yello:

My mum didn't register me to my english lessons (they're really special,it's not like I really need to learn it or anything...but it prepares to exams that I need to take) and god knows how much I reminded her! And now, there isn't room left for other people, it's "sold out" It was the only activity I had outside of school

Urrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhh! That sucks! :thumbdown: Stupid mums! But surely you could pass any english exam with no classes? Your english is perfect!

My mum is also STUPID! Apparently unlimited-downloads internet does not exist anymore now .. for quite a few years. But if you had it before then it carries on. We had unlimited downloads for $75 a month. Now the best we can get for $75 a month is 15GB. FIFTEEN GIGABYTES! I download 15GB a day! :naughty: And my mum CANCELLED THIS FANTATSTICALLY RARE THING WE HAD AQUIRED! And it would have been possible to transfer it to my dad's house by saying we 'moved' - but she cancelled it already now! :crybaby:

In other news - I got a job! Working for the government! I have to go into Perth tomorrow, no idea what for, but it seemed pretty much definate that I had it, the lady asked when I finish school every day and was like "omg this is perfect for when the shifts start" (like 5pm in Fremantle). It's only temporary, it's something to do with the state election - processing the votes or something. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

In other news - I got a job! Working for the government! I have to go into Perth tomorrow, no idea what for, but it seemed pretty much definate that I had it, the lady asked when I finish school every day and was like "omg this is perfect for when the shifts start" (like 5pm in Fremantle). It's only temporary, it's something to do with the state election - processing the votes or something. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Very good news! So, where are you? Mum's or Dad's? And how is your TV reception? :naughty:

Thanks Melz *pbs*

No worries Bec *pbs* :FG:

:bow: Kelzzzzzzzz or other computer-whizz - how can I check how much I download? Do I have to log in somewhere or what? I need to know like ... how much GBs I use per month or something.

Oakie Doke! As you already know The Kooks were on Rove! But it wouldn't have aired for you yet would it? Anyway, they were pretty good!

Yeah! Are they just playing at the end or do they talk too? :woot_jump:!

I'm at home (:crybaby: Aka Secret Harbour)

What do you mean ISP? The iinet site is that? No one knew the password/username so I had to ring them and they gave me the username/password, and I signed in on the site and now I'm just in the email inbox and I can't find how to get to the info I want :naughty: The guy on the phone gave me the downloads stuff too, but it didn't really make much sense what he was saying so I want to check it up myself. (By not making much sense I mean - it wasn't a lot of GBs and I assumed I downloaded a LOT more than that :bleh:)

And I shall look at that site now. I just spazzed out and clicked quote when I saw SD's post :naughty: But yeah, $75 for 15GB was the highest option in the pamphlet my dad had in his files. HOWEVER, there was a lower speed 15GB one for $49. But the one he has at the moment is *gasp* 500MB.

Yeah! Are they just playing at the end or do they talk too? :woot_jump:!

I'm at home (:crybaby: Aka Secret Harbour)

What do you mean ISP? The iinet site is that? No one knew the password/username so I had to ring them and they gave me the username/password, and I signed in on the site and now I'm just in the email inbox and I can't find how to get to the info I want :naughty: The guy on the phone gave me the downloads stuff too, but it didn't really make much sense what he was saying so I want to check it up myself. (By not making much sense I mean - it wasn't a lot of GBs and I assumed I downloaded a LOT more than that :bleh:)

And I shall look at that site now. I just spazzed out and clicked quote when I saw SD's post :naughty: But yeah, $75 for 15GB was the highest option in the pamphlet my dad had in his files. HOWEVER, there was a lower speed 15GB one for $49. But the one he has at the moment is *gasp* 500MB.

ISP = Internet Service Provider, So iiNet in your case then. You need to find your Usage Status, or something similar sounding. It'll be somewhere in your online account.

You may have downloaded more.

Did he tell you how much you download on average per month? That's what you really need to know.

And *gasssssppppp* 500mb is the biggest scam out there. Who's the ISP?

Oh, btw, I recorded the kooks for you.. High definition through the digital box. :thumb_yello:

And, look at the time.. :blush-anim-cl:

Goodnight!!

They just play at the end. And after they finish the vocalist guy hugs Rove.

:das:! :naughty:

ISP = Internet Service Provider, So iiNet in your case then. You need to find your Usage Status, or something similar sounding. It'll be somewhere in your online account.

You may have downloaded more.

Did he tell you how much you download on average per month? That's what you really need to know.

And *gasssssppppp* 500mb is the biggest scam out there. Who's the ISP?

Oh, btw, I recorded the kooks for you.. High definition through the digital box.

And, look at the time..

Goodnight!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:stretcher:

HD! :stretcher:

You spoke between doing this and now and you didn't think to mention? I'm sitting here watching on my ... *estimates* 50cm TV with dodgy half-snapped aerial stressing over whether tegan or tanya remembered and you possess this in HQ!

:bow:!!!!!!! *FG* (directed at you) *FG* (directed at the kooks)

Hmmm *keeps trying to navigate site* It sucks, it's set up just like my uni site - it's all directed at advertising to new customers and the actual customer stuff is hidden away somewhere unknown...

I know! An average, that is what I wanted but this guy was pretty incompetent. Well, probably more bored witless, imagine giving 24 hour iinet support. Poor guy. But first he told me how much I can download on the new plan when that was obviously not what I was asking and I didn't want to have to tell him he gave me the wrong thing AGAIN.

I know! 500mb! I didn't believe it! And it was $30 - 500mb! OMG!

So, I'm looking at this site. Are these dodgy? The ones I've never heard of, is there hidden crap stuff about it? Can you see this link? http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/bc/?action=search&exc=1&state=wa&class=1&type=res&cost=70&pre=20000&conntype=1&conntype=4&conntype=6&conntype=5&speed=256&upspeed=0&contract=99&needhw=rt&upfront=999999 Do you have any reccommendations of the better ISPs / features?

(Oh yeah, did you see me using that 'ISP' word?)

*Wonders if anyone is up*

Yet again, i am pulling an all nighter to finish off an assignment thats due tomorrow :P

You would think by my 3rd year i would have learnt not to leave them to the last minute! ha! NOT

:roftl: And I love that you always come on MFC when you are staying up late to do assignments. Because MFC helps with the assignment finishing, doesn't it? :naughty:

Awww "They're the kind of lads that trash a hotel room and then tidy up afterwards" *FG*

:roftl: And I love that you always come on MFC when you are staying up late to do assignments. Because MFC helps with the assignment finishing, doesn't it? :naughty:

QUOTE]

It so does :naughty: It puts me behind by 2 hours, but....it gives me little breaks so it works out to be good! :thumb_yello:

:bleh:

It so does :naughty: It puts me behind by 2 hours, but....it gives me little breaks so it works out to be good! :thumb_yello:

:bleh:

Hahaha! I'm exactly the same. Extremely frequent scheduled breaks :naughty:

"Every 2 lines I write, I can watch 7 youtubes" etc. :bleh:

Haha! Rove did a girly squeal when Luke hugged/glomped him. *runs off to look for the Do you wanna on the site*

I totalllly missed out on Rove tonight! :( I'm so bummed!

So what are you doing up this late OD?

But at least you got a few extra sentences done in the hour of tv watching that you skipped :thumb_yello::naughty: I'm in WA so it's only just gone 11 :cheerful_h4h: But I'm downloading things and trying to figure out what the deal is with my internet :naughty:

Kelzy:

I found the stuff and it looks like the deal my mum got isn't even so bad and I can almost deal with it. I THINK.

Your quota will reset at midnight Local Time on the 15th (the start of the day and not the end of the day) of next month

Your peak traffic shaping status is : Currently unshaped

Your bliinktime traffic shaping status is : Currently unshaped

Your quota is : 16000 MB Peak time, 16000 MB Bliinktime

Note: Off-peak time is currently from 12.00 midnight to 8.00 am (your local time), which is off-peak hours on our network.

Please note that shaping status will be removed at midnight local time. While every effort is made to remove shaping status exactly at midnight, there may be delays due to large amounts of traffic on our servers.

*a graph and a table*

You have 5558.72 MB peak quota, and 10375.20 MB bliinktime quota remaining until shaped at 72k

You have used an average of 614.19 MB peak quota, and 330.87 MB bliinktime quota in the last 17 day(s)

You can use an average of 397.05 MB peak quota, and 741.09 MB bliinktime quota per day until your next reset and not be shaped

Note: Values listed may not quite add up to the totals shown due to rounding.

SO - what I understand is that the deal my mum has set up is 16GB 8am-midnight and 16GB midnight-8am, and it drops to 72k if I go over. And that there is nothing happening on the 1st of September like she said at all. And that I have to basically reverse my peak/off peak downloads to stay within the amount? (aka: stop the downloads that I am doing now, 45mins before 12 :naughty: ... which I'm not going to do because they are already half done) But did I interpret that right? Is my mum a liar?

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: I was just looking at the table and on the 20th of August I downloaded 2GBs in one day - go me! :punk: *wonders what happened on the 20th*

But really, if this is mum's plan thing, I could probably get by like this without changing my internet usage. But just not turning my downloads on except for 12-8, because usually I do it on school days so it's more like 2am-5pm or something :naughty: I'l just stop doing that :biggrin2:

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: I was just looking at the table and on the 20th of August I downloaded 2GBs in one day - go me! :punk: *wonders what happened on the 20th*

But really, if this is mum's plan thing, I could probably get by like this without changing my internet usage. But just not turning my downloads on except for 12-8, because usually I do it on school days so it's more like 2am-5pm or something :naughty: I'l just stop doing that

happened on the 20th?

nothing special :fisch:

not the birth of me (plus 14 yrs)

nope

nothing special

:fisch:

so wats up?

happened on the 20th?

nothing special :fisch:

not the birth of me (plus 14 yrs)

nope

nothing special

:fisch:

so wats up?

Haha, your birthday hey? *irrationally blames you for download spike*

So Luke didn't attempt to force Rove's audience to sit down during Do You Wanna :thumbdown::roftl: But after the song Rove came on and said "In behalf of everyone here, Luke, Yes." and then pelvic thrusted Luke's microphone stand and said something about feeling sexy and then having no pubes. :roftl:

But in answer to the what's up, I am feeling depressed about the fact I am not in Melbourne tonight, and was not present at this recording, because in the background Luke was putting on his acoustic guitar, so the lucky bastards obviously got more songs than were recorded :crybaby:

Haha, your birthday hey? *irrationally blames you for download spike*

So Luke didn't attempt to force Rove's audience to sit down during Do You Wanna :thumbdown::roftl: But after the song Rove came on and said "In behalf of everyone here, Luke, Yes." and then pelvic thrusted Luke's microphone stand and said something about feeling sexy and then having no pubes. :roftl:

But in answer to the what's up, I am feeling depressed about the fact I am not in Melbourne tonight, and was not present at this recording, because in the background Luke was putting on his acoustic guitar, so the lucky bastards obviously got more songs than were recorded :crybaby:

haha *takes blame*

haha

ooo im so sorry!!! :huglove: