LOVE TODAY LYRICS- help me, I'm confused!!

Oh and also,I found a few times in the songbooks/intenet lyrics some really ridiculous mistakes...which Mika doesn't sing that way for sure.:bleh:

i dont even bother with the lyrics online. theyre just random people writing whatever they think they hear. they DO come out with the most rediculous things.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh,hello,people, I´m confused, too.

I´m german,so please excuse my bad english. A few times ago I tried to translate the lyrics from "love today".

Can anybody tell me, who´s "carolina"...? And: Why she sits on 95? What does he mean with 95???

Thanks, best wishes from Oberfranken/Germany

Oh,hello,people, I´m confused, too.

I´m german,so please excuse my bad english. A few times ago I tried to translate the lyrics from "love today".

Can anybody tell me, who´s "carolina"...? And: Why she sits on 95? What does he mean with 95???

Thanks, best wishes from Oberfranken/Germany

Carolina is a prostitute. I-95 is a highway that runs down the East Coast of the United States. Mika used to see her when he was recording in Florida.

• 2 months later...
everyone says "Licks her lips like there's something other." but i say "on them" Wouldnt that make more sense?

It makes perfect sense the way it is!! :wink2::wink2::wink2:

I just realised that I actually highlighted words that I don't think are right!! :roftl::roftl:

I think he says "Licks her lips like they're something other"

Now I can wink again!! :wink2:

Carolina is a prostitute. I-95 is a highway that runs down the East Coast of the United States. Mika used to see her when he was recording in Florida.

i have always wondered why he knew her name:naughty::naughty::naughty:

hahahaaaaa lmfao :lmfao::lol3: oh that's soo funny:naughty:

• 3 weeks later...

just thought i'd post this don't know if you've seen it or not??

So your songs tell some pretty mad stories. Are they real?

Some of them are real and some of them are hyped-up reality based on bits of truth. Bits are autobiographical. I’m working on the ‘Love Today’ video at the moment and the whole concept for it is a story of a hooker who’s too old and she never gets picked up. We called her Carolina and every night we would check out if Carolina got some business.

Then there’s another story of this little girl who comes from a middle class family and then as soon as her parents …Anyway there are always these little stories and in the video it’s… I don’t even know what I’m saying… In the video we’re talking about all these stories, whether you’re a hooker or a guy who can’t get laid and you get depressed or whether you’re a girl who lives a secret life from her parents and who is insanely horny and slutty. Everyone is exactly the same and we’re all just trying to get the same things just in different ways. I wish I knew the point I was trying to make!

it's from here..:punk::thumb_yello:

http://www.me-me-me.tv/2007/01/18/mika/

• 3 months later...

On Love Today, I always thought it was the words in the CD booklet, but I did notice the "never stood on my own two feet feet" thing. Maybe its on purpose, possibly a play on the sung words "two feet." But doesn't it almost seem like a typo? I wonder if anyone else noticed this in that booklet, on the last page where the credits are for Grace Kelly:

Keyboards/Background Vocals: MIKA

Drums: Greg Wells Guitar: Lyle Workman, Greg Wells

Greg's last name was accidently bolded.

On Love Today, I always thought it was the words in the CD booklet, but I did notice the "never stood on my own two feet feet" thing. Maybe its on purpose, possibly a play on the sung words "two feet." But doesn't it almost seem like a typo? I wonder if anyone else noticed this in that booklet, on the last page where the credits are for Grace Kelly:

I never noticed that! But I'm not too surprised. :naughty:

in LIVE in cartoon motion it sounds like

"hey girl why can't you carry on?

is it cause you're just liiiike your mother?

little tight, like to tease for fun?

well you ain't gonna tease no...

or they're gonna make you..

A LOVER!!" etc

and he talks about why he wrote parts of love today in this video.

(from 5:11 to 6:00)

it might explain a bit :naughty:

yeah, if you listen, i'm pretty sure its

"it's really not such a sacrifIIIIIIICEE!!!!"

I love that you type them the way he sings them :roftl:

it was a written thing...

I'm skeptical about most written interviews unless it's for a known company or magazine. But , i can imagine what hook her book her nook her walk away could mean

I could easily see Mika saying just that. :naughty: (the fck her thing)

:roftl:

I though I had bumped into her once or twice around here :bleh:

Personally i think all of these little quirky mistakes just make it so much better. more real :wub2: