Tim Hortons

Mika60

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I had a Timbit. Sounds good enough, right? Wrong!

I put my hand into the box and took one out, put it in my mouth and started chewing. But it was one of those nasty plain ones- the ones that have nothing on them and are all dry and stuff. :no: But I ate it all becauase I didn't want to be rude. :lol3:

Just a general rule of thumb: look at the Timbit you are going to eat BEFORE you eat it. :thumb_yello::naughty:

Last week I had a Timbit. Sounds good enough, right? Wrong!

I put my hand into the box and took one out, put it in my mouth and started chewing. But it was one of those nasty plain ones- the ones that have nothing on them and are all dry and stuff. :no: But I ate it all becauase I didn't want to be rude. :lol3:

Just a general rule of thumb: look at the Timbit you are going to eat BEFORE you eat it. :thumb_yello::naughty:

:shocked: those are my favorites

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When my dad came home today, he bought my mom a (Tim Hortons) coffee. And then he said something like, "take the donuts" to my little brother. To which my mom, my other younger brother and me all did a "DONUTS? :shocked:". It's amazing what can get our attention. :aah: Anywhoo. I chose the maple dip donut, and took one bite of it. Then my brother whined and I had to give it to him. Bastard kid took and ate the best donut in the box. :sneaky2:

*cough*

I have a bit of a beef with Tim Hortons and their so called 'Pumpkin Spice' products. I've tried both the tea and donut and, both times, detected so pumpkin whatsoever. I didn't buy the tea for it to taste like it was loaded with cinnamon. Or the donut, to taste like any other donut. :hair:

On the other hand, one of (if not the) best things I've ever had at Timmys is the French Onion soup. Just pure delicious amazingness. :original:

• 4 weeks later...

I found a cheap alternative to the Tim Hortons French Onion soup (don't tell them that :mf_rosetinted:).

Prepare a package or Lipton's Onion soup mix according to the package. Then sprinkle some shredded cheese (I used mozerella but havarti, Monterey Jack...something like that would work as well). For the croutons you can use broken up Melba toast, or...croutons. And BAM! "Homemade" Tim Hortons French Onion soup.

Yum. :pinkbow:

I found a cheap alternative to the Tim Hortons French Onion soup (don't tell them that :mf_rosetinted:).

Prepare a package or Lipton's Onion soup mix according to the package. Then sprinkle some shredded cheese (I used mozerella but havarti, Monterey Jack...something like that would work as well). For the croutons you can use broken up Melba toast, or...croutons. And BAM! "Homemade" Tim Hortons French Onion soup.

Yum. :pinkbow:

:thumb_yello: your secret is safe with us!!!

On the other hand, one of (if not the) best things I've ever had at Timmys is the French Onion soup. Just pure delicious amazingness. :original:

I'm more of a chicken noodle soup kind of girl. With a turkey sandwich. But not that nasty turkey bacon club with the icky faux bacon - just turkey. :biggrin2:

And ever since I weaned myself off sugar in my coffee and tea, I can't drink Ice Caps. Too sweet. Sigh. :bleh:

Wow, never thought I'd see that name anytime soon! :blink:

Five years ago, I lived in Canada (I still have a bit of an accent), or at least I THINK it was five years.... Six, maybe.

Anyway, there used to be a Tim Hortons down the road, and we used to go there every other night to get Timbits and coffee... It. Was. HEAVEN. :aah::biggrin2:

I miss Canada... :tears:

So its basically Starbucks with a Canadian swing on it huh?

<chicken noodle soup sounds yum>

Not really. Unlike Starbuks, they don't offer espresso-based beverages; so no lattes, cappucinos, etc. It's all about regular drip coffee and a selection of tea, including steeped tea.

On the food side it's all sorts of pastries - tarts and danishes and a huge variety of donuts. They also carry soups and sandwiches, making Timmy's a crazy popular lunch destination.

Funny cultural note; Tim Horton's is seen as something of a blue collar choice for coffee by some people. I know people who work in the manufacturing sector who swear by Timmy's, and shun Starbucks because they say it's for "high class yuppies". :naughty:

Let me just say, DON'T work there if you don't want to see a gradual increase in your waistline.

I worked there this summer and it was a great job and I had a good time, but I can't tell you how tempting their food was everyday. I worked 6am-2pm shifts, and we always got a break on the shifts. And on every break, you were allowed a free doughnut, or 5 free timbits, or a free bagel. AND you could drink all the coffee you wanted on your shift.

Plus, working there get's you 50% off a meal every time you work. I worked both as a baker and as a storefront worker, and I'm not lying when I say that I tried probably 95% of their products while I worked there. Especially when I was baker. Everything was so tasty, and it is impossible to resist temptation when you're the baker. Can't help but pop one or two timbits in your mouth.

Honestly, I gained a little over 5 pounds in just a few months of working there. But the food was great. I am in love with iced-capp supremes with a butter-caramel flavor shot. :thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello: your secret is safe with us!!!

Thanks.

*shifty eyes* :aah:

I'm more of a chicken noodle soup kind of girl.

It's the "real" chicken noodle soup right? Not that s**ty yellow broth and limp noodle garbage. :naughty:

So its basically Starbucks with a Canadian swing on it huh?

<chicken noodle soup sounds yum>

Yeah, basically what Mana said. AND you don't pay out of the butthole for your food.

Let me just say, DON'T work there if you don't want to see a gradual increase in your waistline.

I worked there this summer and it was a great job and I had a good time, but I can't tell you how tempting their food was everyday. I worked 6am-2pm shifts, and we always got a break on the shifts. And on every break, you were allowed a free doughnut, or 5 free timbits, or a free bagel. AND you could drink all the coffee you wanted on your shift.

Plus, working there get's you 50% off a meal every time you work. I worked both as a baker and as a storefront worker, and I'm not lying when I say that I tried probably 95% of their products while I worked there. Especially when I was baker. Everything was so tasty, and it is impossible to resist temptation when you're the baker. Can't help but pop one or two timbits in your mouth.

Honestly, I gained a little over 5 pounds in just a few months of working there. But the food was great. I am in love with iced-capp supremes with a butter-caramel flavor shot. :thumb_yello:

Wow. :shocked: Sounds like heaven and hell mixed into one. :naughty:

• 1 month later...
Thank you, thank you. I don't know how old it is though. :lol3: The new one (I've seen in the ads) look :wub2:.

Ah, I like the way you think. Eff the Christmas socks, I say. :teehee:

maybe if i'm a good girl, i'll find one in my stocking! :teehee:

did you try the fudge they are selling for xmas? i didn't, but i like the packaging :aah: