• Barack Obama + Joe Biden

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hotdog.gif

Where is it? A lunch restaurant?

The people around him seem very cool, he gets more privacy than Mika use to!:roftl:

At least Mika around more or less hysterical fans…:naughty:

edit: I saw the long article, nice!

What does: "Where the food at?" means?

I've learned English in the old school!

Edited by sienna

Where is it? A lunch restaurant?

The people around him seem very cool, he gets more privacy than Mika use to!:roftl:

At least Mika around more or less hysterical fans…:naughty:

edit: I saw the long article, nice!

What does: "Where the food at?" means?

I've learned English in the old school!

hotdog.gif

It's in Obama's new "home town" Washington, D.C.

The D.C. Mayor (Fenty) took him there. (It's around the "U" Street area.

The actor Bill Cosby goes there every time he's in town.)

I think when he says "Where's the food at?", he means:

I'm ready for some food, where do I place my order?

The Secret Service advance team did check the place out ahead of time,

and I heard they would not let anyone enter or leave during Obama's visit there.

Edited by A. Clay

Actually measuring the curtains

35 mins ago

As Barack Obama winds down his Cabinet nominations, Michelle Obama has tapped her first staff member, decorator to the stars Michael Smith. The Los Angeles-based designer, who has worked in the homes of Steven Spielberg, Cindy Crawford and Rupert Murdoch, will now set his sights on the private quarters of the executive mansion. Funny thing is, it seems Smith has had his eyes on the White House for quite some time. He told decorating magazine Domino in April of 2008:

"I would love to redecorate the White House — I am sick of the paint color!"

Michelle Obama, who often says her most important role in the White House will be first mom, released a statement saying family-friendly design is what led her to Smith:

"Michael shares my vision for creating a family-friendly feel to our new home and incorporating some new perspectives from some of America's greatest artists and designers."

So what's in store for the first quarters? ABC News reports that Smith has a penchant for his-and-hers sinks, white couches and — how appropriate in these fiscally challenged times — Target. According to Deborah Needleman, Domino's editor-in-chief, he's also known for arranging antiques in a modern way — sounds like a good fit for a historical house with a family known for change. The magazine offers a look at some of his greatest rooms.

The Obamas have long been compared to the Kennedys for their charisma, youth and style. And we're betting that there are more comparisons to come, as Jacqueline Kennedy's White House restoration and tour renewed interest in the history of the great house and influenced design across the United States.

Plenty of past presidents have put their own unique spins on the residence and rest of the White House. Want an inside look? Take a historical tour of the rooms, walk along with President Bush and see how commanders-in-chief opted to spin the look of the Oval Office.

We're guessing some shades of red, white and blue will be in order for President-elect Barack Obama's new digs, but if he needs some budget-friendly ideas, Ikea has offered its own Oval Office redesign.

Link--

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_en201

--------

Historical tour of the White house--

http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/whtour/

Edited by A. Clay

2009_01_08t195758_296x450_us_usa_obama_spiderman.jpg

U.S. President-elect Barack Obama is pictured in scenes from a special edition of Marvel Comics' weekly Spider-Man comic, in this handout released January 8, 2009. The special edition of the weekly Spider-Man comic features a six-page story about the superhero saving the day when an imposter tries to take Obama's place as president.

obama-spiderman-marvel_206.jpg

alg_barackspidey.jpg

Edited by A. Clay

article-0-02FCEAC0000005DC-923_468x688.jpg

FANS LINE UP FOR SPIDER-MAN COMIC FEATURING OBAMA

By MARIA TUCKER - McClatchy Newspapers

WASHINGTON -- Spider-Man saves Barack Obama's inauguration in a limited-edition Marvel comic that drew snaking lines of fans to comic shops across the country Wednesday. Joe Quesada, Marvel Comics' editor in chief, came up with the plot line after the geek-in-chief-elect confessed to being a big Spider-Man fan in an pop-culture survey in October.

Issue No. 583 in "The Amazing Spider-Man" series contains a "Bonus Back-up Feature": a five-page story in which Peter Parker, Spider-Man's alter ego, is confronted with two Barack Obamas determined to be sworn in at Tuesday's ceremonies. Parker pulls it off by asking the contending Obamas what the president-elect's nickname was as a high school basketball player. Only the real Obama knows the answer: Barry O'Bomber. As the dastardly character Chameleon is exposed, Spider-Man tells him: "The president-elect here just appointed me ... secretary of shuttin' you up," punctuating the sentence with a straight left to the chin.

Although Fantom Comics, a shop at Washington's Union Station, didn't open until 10 a.m., the line for the $3.99 Obama-Spidey issue was 50 buyers long by 9:30, when the store manager came out. "If you're behind this guy in line, you're probably not going to get one," he said, indicating the 10th would-be customer. A few departed as 10 a.m. approached, but the line outside the store continued to grow. Inside, the phone was ringing off the hook. "I was here at 6 a.m.," said Frank Lewis, the first person in line, a Metro bus driver. "I've never read a comic book before in my life." Lewis said. "I plan to keep it for my 2-year-old son, but he's not going to see it for a long time." "I have a couple hundred comic books at home," said Kevin Jiulianti, 29, a Web designer who once squeezed his 6-foot-4-inch frame into a 12-year-old's Spider-Man costume and went to work. "I'm a fan of Spider-Man," he said, "but Barack pushed it over the top." Jiulianti recalled waiting in line seven years ago for a Spider-Man issue whose theme was the 9-11 attacks. "The line was long, but nothing like this," he said. Carl Klein, a comic collector from the age of 6 who arrived before 9 - but too late to get a comic - said: "I am unprepared, very unprepared. I figured there'd be a line, but not this early."

Comic book stores and newsstands were unprepared, too, said Matt Klokel, owner of Fantom Comics. "We only found out (about Obama's guest appearance) last Friday, like everyone else," he said. Klokel ordered only enough comics to satisfy his regular Spider-Man subscribers, plus a few extras.

The comic exists in two covers: The more widely available one features Spider-Man but not Obama. Obama's face dominates the rarer "Variant B" cover, which has a blue background. Spider-Man dangles behind Obama's right ear, asking, "If you get to be on my cover, can I be on the dollar bill?"

The comics immediately found a hot market on eBay, where Variant B was offered for $299 on Wednesday afternoon.

A second printing of No. 583 will be released next Wednesday, the day after Obama's inauguration. Its cover features Obama and Spidey against a yellow background. It's available for pre-order in comic-book stores and on eBay.

Jiulianti said he'd be back for that one.

"The great part about this is that whether you go to see it or not, you took part in the inauguration," he said. "Ten years from now, when you see Barack Obama, you can say, 'I stood in line for that guy."'

Edited by A. Clay

lol thank you for keeping this thread alive and "picture perfect":thumb_yello:

I am so excited for the 20th. I must say though, I miss all the secret service cars that used to surround his headquarters downtown. :( Chicago is a little sad, but trust me...we're happy:naughty:

lol thank you for keeping this thread alive and "picture perfect":thumb_yello:

I am so excited for the 20th. I must say though, I miss all the secret service cars that used to surround his headquarters downtown. :( Chicago is a little sad, but trust me...we're happy:naughty:

girljumpropes.jpg

The pitch of excitement here increases daily!:boing:

Edited by A. Clay

0,,6339651,00.jpg

Obama tells daughters he

ran for president for

them, all children

1 hr 40 mins ago

WASHINGTON (AFP) – In an open letter to his young daughters, US president-elect Barack Obama said Thursday that he entered the race for the White House "because of what I want for you and for every child in this nation."

"When I was a young man, I thought life was all about me -- about how I'd make my way in the world, become successful, and get the things I want. But then the two of you came into my world," Obama said in the letter published in Parade magazine, a weekend newspaper color supplement. "I realized that my own life wouldn't count for much unless I was able to ensure that you had every opportunity for happiness and fulfilment in yours. In the end, girls, that's why I ran for President: because of what I want for you and for every child in this nation," wrote the soon-to-be Dad-in-chief.

Obama's wish-list for children includes challenging and inspirational schools; equal opportunity to go to university, regardless of their family's financial standing; and well-paid jobs with benefits such as health care and a pension plan that will allow them to "retire with dignity."

The 47-year-old father of Malia, 10, and Sasha, 7, said he wants to "push the boundaries" of discovery to encourage the development of new technology and inventions that improve lives and protect the environment. And he spoke of his vision of a United States that has reached "beyond the divides of race and region, gender and religion that keep us from seeing the best in each other."

He would strive to send young Americans to war "only for a very good reason", trying first to settle differences with other nations peacefully.

"These are the things I want for you -- to grow up in a world with no limits on your dreams and no achievements beyond your reach, and to grow into compassionate, committed women who will help build that world," wrote Obama.

capt.deb52c128206495b9e156a1a5ca18bf5.travel_trip_obama_tour_ny410.jpg

Edited by A. Clay

r2239854039.jpg

Obama moves into Blair House

By Ann Sanner

Associated Press Writer / January 15, 2009

WASHINGTON—President-elect Barack Obama moved his family into a new temporary home, the historic Blair House, on Thursday, then went to dinner with his wife at a nearby restaurant just as President George W. Bush was starting his televised farewell address to the nation.

The Obamas will be staying at the government's official guest residence until they move across Pennsylvania Avenue to the White House on Tuesday.

Obama's motorcade left his downtown transition office and passed rows of bleachers set up for next week's inauguration as he arrived at Blair House. His black SUV pulled up on a pedestrian street on the north side of the White House that is normally closed to traffic.

Obama had asked to move into the guest house at the beginning of the month when his two daughters were starting at their new school, but the Bush administration said the house was unavailable until Thursday.

Instead, Obama and his family moved from their Hyde Park home in Chicago to the Hay-Adams Hotel near the White House. His wife, Michelle, and their daughters -- Malia, 10, and Sasha, 7, arrived there on Jan. 3, followed by Obama a day later.

Aides said the entire family has moved to Blair House, which sits across the street from the White House.

When the president-elect went out to dinner with wife, his motorcade traveled two blocks to the Equinox Restaurant.

Blair House is rich in history, luxurious in appointment and -- after the departure of former Australian Prime Minister John Howard -- finally vacant for Obama and his family to move in.

Blair House is actually four interconnected townhouses forming a complex of more than 100 rooms that is larger than the White House at 70,000 square feet. The original Blair House was built around 1824 by Dr. Joseph Lovell, the first U.S. surgeon general, and purchased by newspaper publisher Francis Preston Blair, a close friend of President Andrew Jackson and part of his "Kitchen Cabinet."

------

BLAIR HOUSE--http://blairhouse.org/

Edited by A. Clay

HAPPY BIRTHDAY--

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/01/18/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry4733268.shtml

An early 45th birthday celebration for Mrs. Obama

By Jeff Dufour and Patrick Gavin

POSTED January 16, 2009 | 10:04 AM

President-elect Obama missed President Bush's farewell speech Thursday night (at least when it aired live) but he had a good reason: He was taking out his wife for an early birthday dinner at the time.

Michelle Obama turns 45 on Saturday, the soon-to-be first couple stole away (with about 40 Secret Service agents) to Equinox restaurant, which is only a block from their temporary home at Blair House.

Crowds of well-wishers assembled outside, as the couple tried their best to have some private time. Chef Todd Gray sent out a special birthday dessert for Mrs. Obama, said a restaurant spokeswoman.

------

Equinox--

http://www.equinoxrestaurant.com/gallery.php

Edited by A. Clay

blackberry.jpg

Chalk up one possible win for Obama:

He might be able to keep his Blackberry after all.

By CARRIE BUDOFF BROWN | 1/16/09 9:12 PM EST

He's been resisting the advice of lawyers and others to give up the email device upon taking office because he views it as his connection to the outside world.

“I think we're going to be able to beat this back,” Obama said in a CNN interview of the pressure on him to give it up. “I think we're going to be able to hang onto one of these. Now, my working assumption, and this is not new, is that everything I write on e-mail could end up being on CNN. So I make sure to — to think before I press ‘send.’

“It’s just one tool among a number of tools that I'm trying to use, to break out of the bubble. To make sure that people can still reach me. But if I'm doing something stupid, somebody in Chicago can send me an e-mail and say, ‘What are you doing?’ ” Obama said. “I want to be able to have voices, other than the people who are immediately working for me, be able to reach out and — and send me a message about what's happening in America.”

Obama didn’t describe what kind of arrangement he had made to keep the Blackberry. After the interview, host John King said on CNN that Obama had not one but two Blackberries with him Friday.

blackberrys.jpg

Edited by A. Clay

Who will Michelle Obama wear on Inauguration Day?

BY ANNE BRATSKEIR | Special to Newsday

1:07 PM EST, January 16, 2009

Which designer's dress will Michelle Obama wear on Inauguration Day?

"Who, who?" is the owlish cry of the fashion obsessed when it comes to the fashion choices Michelle Obama will make as she orbits into position as the world's most watched woman on Tuesday.

Whose designs will she wear to the day-long coming out party, starting with the morning swearing-in ceremony and culminating with some nine official balls?

Mum is decidedly the word for the fashion-forward, size 8, 45-year-old mother of two. Unlike many of her predecessors, who went public with the name of the designers and actual sketches a week or so before, Obama's keeping the fashion news under tight wraps.

"The big announcement slated for over the weekend, is that there will be no announcement," says a source who has been in touch with Obama's staff. The press and the designers themselves "will find out on Tuesday, right before she wears what she wears."

-----

610x.jpg

Edited by A. Clay

lincoln_180.jpg

Obama train ride to D.C. is a tribute to Lincoln

BY KATHLEEN GRAY • FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER • JANUARY 17, 2009

President-elect Barack Obama's historic journey to his swearing-in begins today when he hops on a train in Philadelphia.

It's another tribute to President Abraham Lincoln, the 16th president, who led the nation through the Civil War and ended slavery in the United States. He traveled the same train route on a whistle-stop tour of 70 cities when he was inaugurated in 1861.

Facts about the trip:

• Obama and his family will leave from the 30th Street Station in Philadelphia at 11 a.m. today. They'll make stops in Wilmington, Del., where Vice President-elect Joe Biden and his wife, Jill Biden, will board. Another stop is scheduled in Baltimore before the entourage arrives at Union Station in Washington at 7 p.m.

• More than 40 everyday Americans, including Roy Gross, a Teamster business agent from Taylor, have been invited for the trip. They also will attend other inaugural activities, including the swearing-in and parade on Tuesday and an inaugural ball. "I've done a lot of exciting things in my life, but this tops it all," Gross said.

• Food drives will take place in Wilmington and Baltimore, and people hoping to catch a glimpse of the soon-to-be first family are being asked to bring a nonperishable food item.

• Security along the 137-mile route will be extreme.

• While the trip is reminiscent of Lincoln's, the differences are significant. Lincoln's trip began in his hometown of Springfield, Ill., on Feb. 11, 1861, and went through dozens of cities, including Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Albany and New York City before reaching Philadelphia on Feb. 21.

Once there, security agents learned of an assassination plot against Lincoln planned for Feb. 23 in Baltimore.

Lincoln was smuggled through Baltimore in the middle of the night, his train car pulled by horses to comply with a city noise ordinance prohibiting train car engines running at night. He was spirited into Washington, D.C., in a disguise.

Contact KATHLEEN GRAY at 313-223-4407 or kgray99@freepress.com.

http://www.cbsnews.com/elements/2009/01/17/national/inauguration09/interactivephotomenu4730805.shtml

[Note: Problem with 3rd of 3!]

TRY THIS INSTEAD . . .

http://www.cbsnews.com/elements/2009/01/17/national/inauguration09/photoessay4731103.shtml

Edited by A. Clay

tlogo_top.jpg

Obama Arrives In Philly Ahead Of Whistle-Stop Tour

Jan 16, 2009 11:49 pm US/Eastern

PHILADELPHIA (CBS 3) ―

President-elect Obama deplaned at Philadelphia International Airport early Friday afternoon and his motorcade made its way to his Center City hotel.

Mr. Obama will launch his pre-inaugural train trip to Washington from Philadelphia's 30th Street Station on Saturday. Obama and his family are scheduled to board a train at 30th Street at 10 a.m. on Saturday morning. He's also scheduled to make stops in nearby Wilmington, Del. and Baltimore, Md.

Vice-President elect Joe Biden will board the train in Wilmington and join Obama for the remainder of the trip to Washington, D.C.

In traveling by train, he's following in the footsteps of Abraham Lincoln, who passed through Philadelphia on the way to his inauguration in 1861.

(© MMIX, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

_____

Examples-from DAYLIFE

http://www.daylife.com/photo/0fIfclVctM8lm/obama

http://www.daylife.com/photo/0f8KbhkgLPeDM/obama

_____

Slow roll events added to Obama whistle stop tour

Fri Jan 16, 6:14 pm ET

CLAYMONT, Del. – The Presidential Inaugural Committee has announced another opportunity for people to see President-elect Barack Obama during his Whistle Stop Tour to Washington.

Events will be held Saturday in at the Philadelphia and Wilmington train stations and at Baltimore's War Memorial Plaza. More than 100,000 people are expected at the event in Baltimore.

The train will also slow to a crawl at Governor Printz Extension and Chapel Avenue in Claymont, Del., and at MARC station in Edgewood, Md., so more people can see Obama, his family, and Vice President-elect Joe Biden and his family.

Maryland officials announced Friday that all other MARC stations along the route will be closed.

In Baltimore, Maryland . . .

http://www.daylife.com/photo/02tK497cgqgSg/obama

Edited by A. Clay

If you're interested,

Inaugural Luncheon Recipes, Menu, Gifts and more . . .

Saturday, January 17, 2009 11:56 AM

Menu and Recipes

See the menu and download the recipes

http://inaugural.senate.gov/luncheon/index.cfm

so you can make the meal yourself.

Painting

Learn why

http://inaugural.senate.gov/luncheon/painting.cfm

"View of Yosemite Valley," the painting courtesy of the New-York Historical Society, serves as the backdrop for the Inaugural

Luncheon.

Gifts

See the unique gifts

http://inaugural.senate.gov/luncheon/gifts.cfm

given to the President and Vice President.

Also see a slideshow

http://inaugural.senate.gov/luncheon/slideshow-lenoxgifts.cfm

of the gifts being delivered.

China

Take a closer look at the china

http://inaugural.senate.gov/luncheon/china.cfm

used at the luncheon.

Accessibility

We are working with the Office of Congressional Accessibility Services to

ensure that the 2009 Inaugural ceremonies are as accessible as possible

http://inaugural.senate.gov/2009/accessibility.cfm.

Watch Online

Watch a live stream of the swearing-in ceremony at

http://inaugural.senate.gov.

Edited by A. Clay

obama-visit1110.jpg?size=l

Obama: Orderly change tribute to US

By PHILIP ELLIOTT, Associated Press Writer – Sat Jan 17, 8:06 am ET

WASHINGTON – President-elect Barack Obama said Saturday his inauguration will be more than simply a transfer of power; it should be a celebration of the American spirit.

Obama said his swearing-in Tuesday is a rite of passage that the country marks every four years as a testament to its democratic ideals. He cautioned that its tradition should not be taken for granted.

"We must remember that our nation was founded at a time of kings and queens, and even today billions of people around the world cannot imagine their leaders giving up power without strife or bloodshed," Obama said in his weekly radio and Internet address.

He noted that peaceful transfers between U.S. presidents have come regardless of circumstance.

"Inaugurations have taken place during times of war and peace; in Depression and prosperity," Obama said. "Our democracy has undergone many changes, and our people have taken many steps in pursuit of a more perfect union. What has always endured is this peaceful and orderly transition of power."

Aides to Obama and President George W. Bush have been working together on a transfer of power that takes place at noon Tuesday. Obama aides have visited the White House to meet with their counterparts and in the past week teamed up for a rehearsal of how to handle a hypothetical terrorist attack on an American city.

In his Saturday address, Obama also previewed themes of Tuesday's inauguration speech, such as the nation's challenge in coping with its economic crisis.

"There is much work to be done. But now, all Americans hold within our hands the promise of a new beginning," he said. "That is why the events of the next several days are not simply about the inauguration of an American president; they will be a celebration of the American people."

Obama said he wouldn't shy from the challenges he inherits of reviving a sickly economy, preserving peace and keeping the nation safe.

"As we approach this time-honored American tradition, we are reminded that our challenges can be met if we summon the spirit that has sustained our democracy since George Washington took the first oath of office," Obama said, citing the nation's first president and the "veneration and love" he shared for his new country.

http://www.cbsnews.com/elements/2008/11/10/in_depth_politics/photoessay4589296.shtml

MORE--

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/20/us/politics/20move.html

Edited by A. Clay

http://www.reuters.com/news/pictures/rpSlideshows?articleId=USRTR23GSJ#a=1

There will be a few parties . . .

Hollywood on the Potomac: Where the stars will be

By JAKE COYLE, AP Entertainment Writer – Fri Jan 16, 4:14 am ET

NEW YORK – If you thought the Golden Globes was a party, just wait until you see Barack Obama's inauguration. Next week, Washington will look a lot like a colder version of Hollywood. Here's a roundup of who will be where, keeping in mind that in the mad rush to D.C., schedule changes may occur.

THE BIG SHOW

On Sunday, tradition will be upheld with a free star-studded concert on the National Mall, starting at 2:30 p.m. Among the many performers: Bruce Springsteen, U2, Beyonce, Usher, Garth Brooks, Stevie Wonder, John Mellencamp, Shakira, Mary J. Blige, Herbie Hancock, Josh Groban, John Legend and James Taylor. Denzel Washington, Jamie Foxx, Martin Luther King III and Queen Latifah will read. Obama will stop by and HBO will broadcast "We Are One: The Obama Inaugural Celebration at the Lincoln Memorial."

WHERE'S OPRAH

• Winfrey will host a live episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" from the Kennedy Center Opera House on Monday. She'll also host a second episode on Wednesday. Winfrey has not announced her plans on Inauguration Day.

WHERE'S SPIKE

• Spike Lee will appear at a daylong symposium at Howard University on Monday to discuss topics including the impact of Obama on Black America. Also there will be Rev. Al Sharpton, Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., Cornel West and Henry Louis Gates. Lee will also host an after-party Tuesday evening.

OTHER CONCERTS

• BET will hold an awards ceremony, the BET Honors, Saturday at the Warner Theater to honor Mary J. Blige, filmmaker Tyler Perry, Earvin "Magic" Johnson and others. Gabrielle Union will host and performers include Queen Latifa, Ne-Yo, Anita Baker and Joss Stone.

• The Hip-hop Caucus will host a concert Saturday at Ibiza with Common, Blige and Nelly.

• Jessica Alba will host a kickoff event by youth voter initiative Declare Yourself on Sunday dubbed "A New Birth of Citizenship." Maroon 5 and DJ Samantha Ronson will perform, and Jamie Foxx and Legend will attend.

• "Kids' Inaugural: We Are the Future" will be held Monday night at the Verizon Center and air on the Disney Channel. Performing will be Miley Cyrus, the Jonas Brothers and Bow Wow. Michelle Obama and Jill Biden will host with their families.

• The "America Feels Kinda Cool Again Inaugural Gala" will feature the Beastie Boys, Sheryl Crow and Citizen Cope on Monday at the 9:30 club.

• Jay-Z will perform a concert — "In Concert on the Eve on Change" — at the Warner Theater on Monday.

• Aretha Franklin will play a free concert at the Kennedy Center with Nuttin' But Stringz and the Let Freedom Ring Choir on Monday.

• Manifest Hope will finish a three-day-long, Inauguration-themed art exhibit with a party featuring performances by Santogold, Moby and De La Soul.

THE OFFICIAL BALLS

• The Neighborhood Ball: ABC will broadcast this ball for Washington residents at the Washington Convention Center. Performing will be Mariah Carey, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Alicia Keys, Faith Hill and Blige.

• The Youth Ball: This ball is for people aged 18 to 35 to celebrate "the role young Americans can play to serve their communities." After announcing and then junking a similarly themed ball, MTV will broadcast this one. Fall Out Boy is among the acts attending.

• Obama Home States Ball: Jack Johnson, Common and the Don Cagen Orchestra will perform at this ball in honor of Obama's native states of Illinois and Hawaii.

• Joe Biden Home States Ball: Maroon 5 and the James Gerard Orchestra will perform.

• Mid-Atlantic Ball: The Dead and D.J. Cassidy will perform.

• Midwestern Ball: Crow and the Fabulous Motown Revue will play.

• Western Ball: Marc Anthony and Party on the Moon will perform.

• Eastern Ball: James Taylor and Liquid Pleasure with Kenny Mann will perform.

• Southern Ball: The Derek Trucks Band with Susan Tedeschi and the Will Gravatt Band will play.

THE UNOFFICIAL BALLS

• The "Dreams of My Father" American Scholars Inaugural Ball will take place Sunday at the Four Seasons and feature Alicia Keys, Macy Gray and LL Cool J.

• The Voto Latino Inaugural Party will on Sunday include Anthony, Rosario Dawson, Tony Plana and Wilmer Valderrama.

• The Hip-Hop Inaugural Ball will take place Monday at the Harman Center and be hosted by Russell Simmons, LL Cool J, T.I. and Young Jeezy.

• The Huffington Post Preinaugural Ball will be held Monday night at the Newseum and feature performances by Sting and will.i.am. Attendees will include Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg, Denzel Washington, Shakira, Jon Bon Jovi, Halle Berry and Ashton Kutcher.

• The Green Inaugural Ball will be held Monday at the Portrait Gallery and be hosted by Al Gore.

• Muhammad Ali will attend the Kentucky Inaugural Ball on Monday at the Marriott Wardman Hotel.

• The nonprofit arts and entertainment advocacy group Creative Coalition will hold a gala to be headlined by Elvis Costello and Sting at the Harman Center for the Arts on Tuesday. Also attending will be Anne Hathaway, Spike Lee, Tim Robbins, Maggie Gyllenhaal and others.

• The Purple Ball, Tuesday at the Fairmont Hotel, will be hosted by Lou Gossett Jr. and Il Divo will perform. Expected to attend are: Ashley Judd, Patricia Arquette, John Cusack, Tim Robbins, Ed Harris, Ashley Judd, Josh Lucas, Amy Brenneman, Brendan Fraser, Susan Sarandon and Lisa Marie Presley.

• There will be two American Music Balls: The Legends Ball, hosted by Dionne Warwick and featuring Chaka Khan and George Clinton; and the Urban Ball — hosted by Ludacris and featuring Cedric the Entertainer and Monica. Both will be held Tuesday at the Marriot Wardman Park Hotel.

• BET will host an inaugural ball at the Mandarin Oriental hotel Tuesday. The network will broadcast an hour special to coincide with the ball, which will include a performance by Wyclef Jean.

• The Equality Ball, hosted by the Human Rights Campaign, will be held Tuesday at the Mayflower Hotel with appearances by Cyndi Lauper, Melissa Etheridge and Rufus Wainwright.

• The Inaugural Peace Ball, Tuesday at the Smithsonian Postal Museum, will be hosted by Harry Belafonte and include Joan Baez, Graham Nash and Jackson Browne.

• Rihanna will perform at the Recording Industry Association of America Inaugural Ball to benefit Feeding America on Tuesday.

• Nas, Josh Groban, Slash and Robert Randolph are among those performing at the Heroes Red, White & Blue Inaugural Ball (benefiting military families and veterans) on Tuesday at the Warner Theater.

THE BI-PARTISAN DINNERS

• Carole King will perform at the dinner Monday for Joe Biden at Union Station.

• Faith Hill will perform at the dinner Monday for Gen. Colin Powell at the National Building Museum.

• At the dinner Monday for Sen. John McCain at the Hilton Washington, Patti LaBelle will perform.