1. 1. Who would you vote for/ Who did you vote for? *NOT JUST U.S CITIZENS

• John McCain + Sarah Palin
    • Barack Obama + Joe Biden

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They lived in the netherlands till 10 years ago, and now they live in michigain...don't know if michigain has more smaller 'towns' in it I thought it was just called 'michigain'...My english is too bad to explain what I want:naughty:

haha, understandable. Michigan has towns and cities and counties, so it may get confusing, that's neat though! =]

I'm really happy that Obama won but he really does have his work cut out for him.

It's only just begun!

Also, McCain really isn't a bad guy. Palin was a poor choice of judgement but overall he's a decent guy who would've done great aswell in my opinion.

Again, I'm very much probama but I don't think McCain deserves to be slagged off.

He is not George W. Bush, contrary to popular belief.

I'm really happy that Obama won but he really does have his work cut out for him.

It's only just begun!

Also, McCain really isn't a bad guy. Palin was a poor choice of judgement but overall he's a decent guy who would've done great aswell in my opinion.

Again, I'm very much probama but I don't think McCain deserves to be slagged off.

In fact he's always been against Bush's politics. So much so Kerry had offered him the vice presidence in case he would get elected.

Palin was indeed the WORSE decision McCain could take :naughty:

Have you heard she said she was thinking of running for presidence in 2012? :blink: This woman is just incredible :roftl:

Sasha and Malia, I love you both so much, and you have earned the new puppy that's coming with us to the White House.

LOVE OBAMA! :roftl:

he's amazing. he's so strong. this is one of the hardest offices to step into, but i believe in him. :wub2:

Well, I went back to school today and all my friends happened to have been in grant park when the action happened lol

So my buddy had a press pass, and got RIGHT UP FRONT...LIKE RIGHT THERE, IN FRONT OF OBAMA. he says his little girls were twirling their dresses around and around up there haha. He saw oprah, jesse Jackson, and get this

BRAD PITT AND ANGELINA JOLIE!

:mf_lustslow:

So my other friends were around the vacinity because the ball park was impossible to get to if you didn't have a ticket and they said that when it was announced that EVERYONE screamed and there was hardly anyone NOT CRYING! My buddy Sam said that he hugged people he didn't even know and that everyone was doing the same going "we did it man! we did it!"

so amazing! and today, there's a smile on everyone's face over here lol

Have you ever visited? We aren't that bad.:bleh:

No I haven't but I know the us is beautiful and not all Americans are bad especially here on the MFC.

A lot of Americans on here have surprised me in a good way.

But there are so many things that have really

annoys me about the US, most of it are the conservative opinions and

in my opinion a lot of Americans have the mentality of; money above humanity.

But I'm not willing to discuss this over here because I don't want a fight here and because I love every Mika-fan and I don't want to fight people I love.:wub2::wink2:

Edited by Moonlightchild

It's only just begun!

Yes I agree on that, McCain isn't a bad man

but I don't like Republicans:wink2: that much.

I liked his speech after losing the elections,and I believed everything he said.

someone fear it, hope most run towards it

97ql8i.jpg

Many people are touting the word 'change' as this election's catch-phrase but one has to question it when the same day that Barack Obama (a Democrat with 'centre-left' or even 'left' policies) was elected President the states of California, Arizona and Florida voted in favour of constitutionally banning same-sex marriage and Arkansas voted in favour of banning all unmarried couples from being adoptive or foster parents (but conceded that same-sex couples were their real target). I think the election of Barack Obama/Joe Biden is indeed a positive sign for change but there is still a great deal of fear in American voters and yesterday's victory for progress, unity and equality I think is tainted by other losses.

Many people are touting the word 'change' as this election's catch-phrase but one has to question it when the same day that Barack Obama (a Democrat with 'centre-left' or even 'left' policies) was elected President the states of California, Arizona and Florida voted in favour of constitutionally banning same-sex marriage and Arkansas voted in favour of banning all unmarried couples from being adoptive or foster parents (but conceded that same-sex couples were their real target). I think the election of Barack Obama/Joe Biden is indeed a positive sign for change but there is still a great deal of fear in American voters and yesterday's victory for progress, unity and equality I think is tainted by other losses.

First black president is what I'd call change :wink2:

First black president is what I'd call change :wink2:

He's technically America's first biracial president but I guess there are other ways to define what 'black' means. Also, like I said:

"I think the election of Barack Obama/Joe Biden is indeed a positive sign for change but there is still a great deal of fear in American voters and yesterday's victory for progress, unity and equality I think is tainted by other losses [such as California's Prop 8 passing]."

He's technically America's first biracial president but I guess there are other ways to define what 'black' means. Also, like I said:

"I think the election of Barack Obama/Joe Biden is indeed a positive sign for change but there is still a great deal of fear in American voters and yesterday's victory for progress, unity and equality I think is tainted by other losses [such as California's Prop 8 passing]."

Well, it's not like they've had even a black one in, so black....biracial.....black/white.....white/black....it's a first, and it's moving them forward. :wub2:

As much as I DON'T LIKE John McCain - - - - I have to admit that his last speech was very well done - definitely a class act.....

And waking up today - - - - knowing that it was NOT a dream - but reality.....

HOPE....:thumb_yello:

I totally agree - McCain was gracious in defeat!! :thumb_yello:

Im not from the US but Im want to give my opinion!:bleh:

Im very happy that Obama won because I can feel that he's a good persons with great and positives feelings and thoughts and also this marks a big event in World History

Im latin and I know Barack will help a lot all those latin residents and no residents in the US and will find solutions for all those problems that are affecting USA and the entire world as the president of the most powerful nation!

hgahah no one read my post!:/

Your post will have been read Samantha - but not all get quoted,

especially when they are at the bottom of a page - can be easily

missed - but don't worry - your post WILL have been read!! :thumb_yello:

Thanks for the link Alice - I am finding it all fascinating - not least, if

you ask people who John McCain's running mate was - they can all answer.

I have asked quite a few folk who Barak Obama's running mate was, and

they did not know the answer!! :blink:

I agree. Living in the Netherlands (where same sex couples can marry etc.) and with two very gentle and sweet lesbian neighbourwomen with their two daughters living next door it saddens me that in a country like America issues like this do not progress a little faster. It's not that it's perfect in the Netherlands, not everyone is openminded about this here but it's more normal here I think, we are all more used to gay/lesbian couples being able to get married, adopt children etc.

I am very happy that Obama has become president, not because he's biracial (I think the emphasis lies to much on that fact altought I can imagen it's a big deal when you are biracial (like my nieces and nephew) or black yourself) but because I think he is an inspirational, strong man who will try his best to make positive changes in America. And as most of us know, positive changes do not happen overnight :wink2:. Babysteps.

And I didn't know who was Obama's runningmate either, Wendi. Strange, isn't it.

Edited by Monie

Thanks for the link Alice - I am finding it all fascinating - not least, if

you ask people who John McCain's running mate was - they can all answer.

I have asked quite a few folk who Barak Obama's running mate was, and

they did not know the answer!! :blink:

Name recognition IS pretty important!

MEET JOE BIDEN . . .

http://www.barackobama.com/learn/meet_joe.php

you can call him "JOE"

And FACE recognition . . . as well!

Biden_Obama.jpg

biden032408.jpg

Edited by A. Clay