Who would you vote for/ Who did you vote for? *NOT JUST U.S CITIZENS  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for/ Who did you vote for? *NOT JUST U.S CITIZENS

• John McCain + Sarah Palin
    • Barack Obama + Joe Biden

As far as I've heard, it was split down the middle. Apparently we're being called a rascist state because of that other half that voted for McCain.

Sweet.

Really? That is not funny!! People have freedom to vote - that is the

whole point in the exercise!! :thumbdown:

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I've heard, it was split down the middle. Apparently we're being called a rascist state because of that other half that voted for McCain.

Sweet.

I found the map again - and it's 0.1% difference between them, so

they have still not declared!! :blink:

The move of a lifetime!

White-House.jpg

Randi Kaye

AC360° Correspondent

Think back to when you last moved.

How long did it take you to find your new favorite restaurant or decide where to work out, or get your hair done? Well, very soon, President-Elect Barack Obama and his family are going to have to figure all that stuff out.

I am spending the day in Washington D.C. and the city is absolutely buzzing about the First Family moving to town. This impending move is all my cab driver wanted to talk about!

I interviewed Washington Post columnist Sally Quinn for my story tonight on AC360. She expects the Obamas will bring a new vibe to D.C. She says there has been almost zero contact with the Bush’s the last 8 years and believes the Obamas, who are younger and have young children, will bring new energy to the city and move about town more.

Where will they go? They may favor informal restaurants. Some have suggested Cactus Cantina, a family-oriented Mexican restaurant. For ladies’ lunches, Michelle Obama may head to the Jockey Club, which re-opens this weekend, and where Jackie Kennedy used to frequent.

Those who pay attention to the DC political social scene seem to agree the Obamas aren’t going to be out on the town ALL of the time. After all, Michelle Obama has said motherhood comes first and will likely want to stay home and help her girls with homework and tuck them into bed early on most nights.

continued . . .

continued . . .

One thing we may see more of: State Dinners at the White House. Apparently, George and Laura Bush did not like to entertain very much and only held 13 dinners in 8 years. Given Obama’s reception around the world, Quinn says, he may be more eager to reach out to other countries and wine and dine other Global Leaders.

The “First Daughters” will likely end up at private school, since they attend private school in Chicago currently. Many here suggest Sasha and Malia Obama may go to Sidwell Friends, the same private school Chelsea Clinton attended.

Lots of buzz here about where soon-to-be-President Obama will shoot hoops. My cabbie told me he doesn’t think the half court in the White House will be enough for the “new Prez” as he put it.

No worries. I’m told players from the Washington Wizards, the professional basketball team, are hungry to take him on!

Where would you suggest the Obamas enjoy romantic dinners ? What tone do you think the new First Family will set here? Will this be a return to Camelot?

White-House-rear.jpg

(Watch 360 tonight to get all this gossip and more!)

Thanks Alice, I'm still interested in all the Obama news!

How about NOT secret CODE NAMES?

The Secret Service traditionally has given pithy, private names to those whose lives they protect. The monikers are a throwback to a time when electronic communications were not encrypted, and they no longer serve a security function. Still, they give an occasional peek at the players' personalities, in addition to serving as great trivia questions.

President-elect Barack Obama: Renegade

Michelle Obama: Renaissance

Malia Obama: Radiance

Sasha Obama: Rosebud

The United States Secret Service uses code names for U.S. Presidents, First Ladies, and other prominent persons and locations. The use of such names was originally for security purposes and dates to a time when sensitive electronic communications were not routinely encrypted; today, the names simply serve for purposes of brevity, clarity, and tradition. The Secret Service does not choose these names, however. The White House Communications Agency assigns these names. WHCA was originally created as the White House Signal Detachment under Franklin Roosevelt.

Edited by A. Clay

First Granny is proud matriarch who made Obama's run possible

Marian Robinson, aka the new First Granny, is a proud family matriarch, retired bank secretary, widow and life-long resident of the predominantly black working-class South Side of Chicago.

By Philip Sherwell

Last Updated: 8:22PM GMT 08 Nov 2008

Barack Obama has said that his wife Michelle might never have allowed him to run for president if she had not known she could rely on her mother to care for their young daughters while they campaigned.

Mrs Robinson, 71, still lives in the modest brick bungalow where she raised her children, Craig and Michelle, with her husband Fraser, a city shift worker who died in 1991 after a long struggle with multiple sclerosis.

She prefers to keep a low profile but was pictured with the Obamas as they watched the results come in on Tuesday night in a hotel suite, before joining them on stage at the end of the huge victory rally.

Mrs Robinson is described as "steely" when it comes to protecting her beloved family but always ready with a laugh and hugs for the grand-children - Malia, 10, and Sasha, seven - on whom she dotes.

During the campaign, she slept at the Obamas' $1.6 million red-brick house if her daughter was away overnight, but otherwise she maintained her independence and drove herself the 10 minutes home.

On the hustings, Mrs Obama invariably paid tribute to her parents for instilling in her a burning love for family and a strong work ethic as she grew up and won scholarships to Princeton and Harvard.

Malia and Sasha have known just two closer older relatives in their family - Mrs Robinson and Mr Obama's grand-mother, Madelyn Dunham. But Mrs Dunham, who lived more than 4,000 miles away in Hawaii, died on Sunday, just two days before the grand-son she helped raise was elected president.

In her daughter's absence, Mrs Robinson drove the girls to school, ferried them to gymnastics, ballet and soccer practice, prepared their meal and supervised their homework.

"If somebody's going to be with these kids other than their parents," she said in a rare interview, "it better be me."

But she also admitted that she spoiled them more than their parents, sometimes allowing them to stay up beyond their official 8.30pm bed-time, watch more than the permitted one hour of television and - to her daughter's horror - treating them to the occasional dinner of fried chicken, cooked to her secret recipe.

They have such a nice family. This past weekend, they got snapped here downtown eating out... michelle looked so cheeeezy next to her man:wub2:

damn. I would be too.

The Chicago Tribune has dubbed her Michelle O.

at first I was like...wait they can't make her the next Jackie O. but I guess the way she dresses is quite nice. in time I think I'll embrace her style more.

They have such a nice family. This past weekend, they got snapped here downtown eating out... michelle looked so cheeeezy next to her man:wub2:

damn. I would be too.

The Chicago Tribune has dubbed her Michelle O.

at first I was like...wait they can't make her the next Jackie O. but I guess the way she dresses is quite nice. in time I think I'll embrace her style more.

YEP, HERE'S THAT PIC . . .

PH2008110900134.jpg

Edited by A. Clay

hey yeah! that was the pic I saw in the tribune :)

Ya'll this video is really great! IT takes you behind the scenes at the convention.barack is sooo funny. He had a bet going with one of his daughters over her favorite jonas brother :roftl:

edit: forgot the link haha

Edited by BonjourMika1990

hey yeah! that was the pic I saw in the tribune :)

Ya'll this video is really great! IT takes you behind the scenes at the convention.barack is sooo funny. He had a bet going with one of his daughters over her favorite jonas brother :roftl:

edit: forgot the link haha

Thanks Melanie - I really enjoyed this!! What a lovely man!!

I think he is very handsome as well as charismatic!!

Just read this on Perez...

A Catholic priest in the south said this...

"Our nation has chosen for its chief executive the most radical pro-abortion politician ever to serve in the United States Senate or to run for president. Voting for a pro-abortion politician when a plausible pro-life alternative exists constitutes material cooperation with intrinsic evil, and those Catholics who do so place themselves outside of the full communion of Christ's Church and under the judgment of divine law. Persons in this condition should not receive Holy Communion until and unless they are reconciled to God in the Sacrament of Penance, lest they eat and drink their own condemnation."

Unbelievable. "pro-abortion"???

Who the hell is "pro-abortion"???

No one is "pro- get pregnant and kill your infant"

it's the same as "gays shouldn't receive communion. Divorced people can't receive communion."

I'm Catholic, and this is just another bogus thing that I'm completely shaking my head over. The Catholic church is turning me offfffff.

But whatever, Jesus loves me.:punk:

Unbelievable. "pro-abortion"???

Who the hell is "pro-abortion"???

No one is "pro- get pregnant and kill your infant"

it's the same as "gays shouldn't receive communion. Divorced people can't receive communion."

I'm Catholic, and this is just another bogus thing that I'm completely shaking my head over. The Catholic church is turning me offfffff.

But whatever, Jesus loves me.:punk:

I find this a quite radical "definition" of abortion...

I find this a quite radical "definition" of abortion...

that's definatley not MY defination of it. that's why it's in quotes...but to alot of Catholics and other Christians it is "killing your infant" It's considered murder.

I'm pro-life in case anyone was wondering.

I don't like the term "pro-life" because it implies that the alternative view point is "anti-life", "pro-choice" and "anti-choice" make more sense. So I'd prefer it if we didn't go into definitions and end this discussion here.

it is totally noooot that serious... whatever the definition is, most people consider themselves one or the other. Sorry if you don't like me saying I'm "pro life" I didn't pick the political standpoint term

I definatley don't want to tell people not to talk about something in here that is in fact a political issue so if you're uncomfortable or angered by "definitions" than feel free to walk out at anytime:cool:

no offense of course ;)

Edited by BonjourMika1990

it is totally noooot that serious... whatever the definition is, most people consider themselves one or the other. Sorry if you don't like me saying I'm "pro life" I didn't pick the political standpoint term

I definatley don't want to tell people not to talk about something in here that is in fact a political issue so if you're uncomfortable or angered by "definitions" than feel free to walk out at anytime:cool:

no offense of course ;)

I guess it's hard to tell the tone of online postings - I'm not offended or uncomfortable or angered, I just think the abortion discussion might belong better in the dedicated politics thread instead of hijacking this one.