The Australian Thread: Part Eighteen

Rainbow Sky

:roftl:Awwwwwwww .... as late as I am to respond to all of those HILARIOUS comments about Mondo/DC in the banner thread .... I was gonna MQ ... but Niki had CLOSED the thread !!!!! :sneaky2:

Hehehe ... It was frikken HILARIOUS !!!!

MONDO SAYS .... "Mmmmmm .... Dciaaaaaaaaa ..... :licks_lips: "

mondodas.gif

:das::naughty:

Edited by happikali

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:roftl:Awwwwwwww .... as late as I am to respond to all of those HILARIOUS comments about Mondo/DC in the banner thread .... I was gonna MQ ... but Niki had CLOSED the thread !!!!! :sneaky2:

Hehehe ... It was frikken HILARIOUS !!!!

MONDO SAYS .... "Mmmmmm .... Dciaaaaaaaaa ..... :licks_lips: "

mondodas.gif

:das::naughty:

I'm sure there's more to this Mondo/DC thing than people are letting on :das:

In public, that is

On the topic of Rolf Harris .... one of the comedy acts we performed on Saturday night was Rolf's 'Court of King Carracticus' (sp?) ... with a bunch of us being 'Rolfs' ' , miming wobble boards & making wompah-wop noises in the background !!

:roftl: Love it!

One more day of primary school.

They want me to play piano at the assembly tomorrow.

For a minute I was thinking "Doesn't she mean one more day of high school?" and then I remembered you were on prac:doh::naughty:

I know! You know that your career as a musician is well on its way when you are asked to play for kids aged 5-12 at their weekly assembly. What an honour!

:roftl:

So is that your aim? Do you plan to be a musician? Or is that just something to do on the side?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

DAAS FANS!!! I got a copy of Icon!!! You want?

Are you spending all your money on Ebay again? :sneaky2:

I wouldn't call my kid Jonas... would remind me of the Jo Bros... *shudders* But if we're going with the Stargate theme, what about Teal'c?

I have a thing for slightly geeky guys in glasses, so my vote would have to be for Daniel:wub2:

Hey, I made a habit of playing the drum at school... I lead my house on a march past at the athletics carnival in yr 11, played at Sheahan Day (a day where we get to dress up and do a big walk) in full band uniform no less, played at uni for a music assessment, played at the school I was at during internship, and lead the march past they had at a small schools fun day (again in full band uniform)... which we won BTW..

Naaaaahhhh... I don't enjoy walking around in a kilt at all..

Just a tiny bit of an exhibitionist in you maybe??:naughty:

Oh dear God! I'm pissing myself cause they're doing really bad rapping for Commies For Christ... it sounds so late 80's/early 90's...

*has no idea what you're talking about*

*fangirls over Jack and Bottle*

*still has no idea what you're talking about*

OMG OMG OMG!!!

i found Blue (a DAAS album that was actually never commercially released)!!!

:FG: X 1000...

Pammy, CD, you want???

You do realise, I've never heard of these DAAS albums, don't you? It was really my husband who was into them way back when, courtesy of his girlfriend at the time. I've only started to appreciate them more semi-recently, but I'm feeling like an imposter if I pretend to have actually heard of all of these.

Righto then... I'm gonna head off to bed...

Pammy and CD, if you want copies of Blue and Icon, can you PM me and I'll work out how to get them to you...

FY & GN!

Will pm you. But later, cos my computer is continuing to be stupidly slow even though we are now two days into our new billing period and should have a decent speed again. It's taken my nearly an hour to read about 3 pages, and now I have to go sort out the family.

Will pm you. But later, cos my computer is continuing to be stupidly slow even though we are now two days into our new billing period and should have a decent speed again. It's taken my nearly an hour to read about 3 pages, and now I have to go sort out the family.

You need to get the hampsters to run faster :mf_rosetinted:

G'morning, Aussies. :bye:

I'm up at (the obscene hour of) 8am for the first time in a long time. *nukes all younger sisters*

Don't forget to check AMF.

:wink2:

:shocked:First CD, now you. There's usually no Aussies around at this time :shocked:

And if Mike has his way you won't be the last.

:mf_boff::das:

Omigosh zoidy!

That's wonderful news! Congrats!

Thank you :wub2:

Jonas Quinn from Stargate SG-1... *wipes away tears of laughter* You must revoke his naming rights.

Yeah, that's the one.

:naughty: Consider them revoked. He's not getting them back until he realises that naming a child after a ear bleedingly horrendous 'band' and a science fiction show = bad idea.

CONGRATULATIONS PAMMY !!

Just curious ... how did you arrive at your username , Zoidy ?

Thank you :biggrin2:

Well my name... I've used Dr. Zoidberg on other internet thingys before because he is my favourite cartoon character ever but I always end up being called Zoidy in the end, so I decided to cut out the middle man this time :naughty:

:wub2:Zoidberg-1.gif:wub2:

On the topic of Rolf Harris .... one of the comedy acts we performed on Saturday night was Rolf's 'Court of King Carracticus' (sp?) ... with a bunch of us being 'Rolfs' ' , miming wobble boards & making wompah-wop noises in the background !!

Did anyone have an extra leg? That used to scare the crap out of me when I was a kid. Especially in that one episode of the Goodies where they had the plague of Rolf Harris' *shudder*

I'm probably the last person to say it.. but speshull congratu-ma-lashuns from me, fertile myrtle!

If it's a girl, what do you think about Raffa?

Thanks!

:naughty: I think if I came up with any name that is even slightly Mika related name, the husband would be about as impressed as I am with his Stargate ideas :bleh:

I do have the distinct feeling that it is a girl this time though (although I'm always wrong when I guess what sex other people are having). Naming is going to be a huge problem because I am so particular and there are so few names that I like enough to actually use. the poor kid is probably going to be nameless for the first month or so.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

DAAS FANS!!! I got a copy of Icon!!! You want?

:groupwave:

I wouldn't call my kid Jonas... would remind me of the Jo Bros... *shudders* But if we're going with the Stargate theme, what about Teal'c?

I like the name B'Elanna... but of a Star trek person here, but it's cool!

Nooooooooooo!!! Teal'c is scary.

...I think I might just steer clear of the sci-fi names entirely, if possible.

I just thought of something... if it's a boy, don't call him Zowie... that would just be cruel... and it would rhyme with Bowie :naughty:

Quite. Rhyming baby name with cat name is a definite no-no.

OMG OMG OMG!!!

i found Blue (a DAAS album that was actually never commercially released)!!!

Pammy, CD, you want???

:punk: You really need to ask?

:woot_jump:

Where did you find them?

Actually, did I already ask you that on Facebook? I can't remember. I said something.

I will PM you :huglove:

:doh: Somehow missed this out of my MQ

I have a thing for slightly geeky guys in glasses, so my vote would have to be for Daniel:wub2:

That one won't work either because husband's name is Daniel & I'm not into the Jr. thing :bleh:

...However I like the nerds too, so he is my Stargate character of choice also :thumb_yello::wub2:

Are you spending all your money on Ebay again? :sneaky2:

Just a tiny bit of an exhibitionist in you maybe??:naughty:

*has no idea what you're talking about*

*still has no idea what you're talking about*

You do realise, I've never heard of these DAAS albums, don't you? It was really my husband who was into them way back when, courtesy of his girlfriend at the time. I've only started to appreciate them more semi-recently, but I'm feeling like an imposter if I pretend to have actually heard of all of these.

Nope! I found them on the internet and downloaded them!

Yeah, I guess you're right about that! :naughty:

Okay, Commies For Christ, Jack and Bottle are songs from Icon...

This is what the Tangawarra Protection Society said about Blue...

I do have the distinct feeling that it is a girl this time though (although I'm always wrong when I guess what sex other people are having). Naming is going to be a huge problem because I am so particular and there are so few names that I like enough to actually use. the poor kid is probably going to be nameless for the first month or so.

Ooooooh... as long as you don't give the poor kid a really stupid name...

:doh: Somehow missed this out of my MQ

That one won't work either because husband's name is Daniel & I'm not into the Jr. thing :bleh:

...However I like the nerds too, so he is my Stargate character of choice also :thumb_yello::wub2:

I liked Daniel too (though he wasn't quite so nerdy as the series progressed). It was O'Neill for me, though.

...I think I might just steer clear of the sci-fi names entirely, if possible.

Quite. Rhyming baby name with cat name is a definite no-no.

:punk: You really need to ask?

:woot_jump:

Where did you find them?

Actually, did I already ask you that on Facebook? I can't remember. I said something.

I will PM you :huglove:

I'm named after an assistant off Doctor Who...

Then again... I did name myself after a character on a video game, and my nickname is after a character off M*A*S*H... :blink:

Even if the cat wasn't named Bowie, it would still be cruel...

I found a link to Icon on a Live Journal community, and they have a massive DAAS and GNW archive... and I found Blue on there...

Ooooooh... as long as you don't give the poor kid a really stupid name...

No never! I hate stupid names with a passion.

When I was in hospital having my son, there was a baby there called Starbucks. Seriously :shocked:

I just stood there staring at the poor little thing for about ten minutes thinking "why?????"

I hope someone slapped some sense into the parents and made them change their minds.

I liked Daniel too (though he wasn't quite so nerdy as the series progressed). It was O'Neill for me, though.

Which one was O'Neill? Was that MacGyver? I never watched it too much, Daniel has the entire series on DVD, so I've probably seen the entire series 300 times but I rarely pay much attention.

I'm named after an assistant off Doctor Who...

That's ok, your name is still an actual name, unlike Teal'c :roftl:

That gives me an idea... If it's a boy, I could call him Campbell! After this character that David Tennant played in this cool show Takin' Over the Asylum, many years before he was Dr. Who.

...But I won't.

He was a cool character though :bleh:

Then again... I did name myself after a character on a video game, and my nickname is after a character off M*A*S*H...

Well, I'm a stinky space lobster, so I can't talk...

Even if the cat wasn't named Bowie, it would still be cruel...

True.

I found a link to Icon on a Live Journal community, and they have a massive DAAS and GNW archive... and I found Blue on there...

:thumb_yello: Good job!

I never even considered that. LJ scares me. I can't figure out how it works.

Which one was O'Neill? Was that MacGyver? I never watched it too much, Daniel has the entire series on DVD, so I've probably seen the entire series 300 times but I rarely pay much attention.

:rolls_eyes: yes O'Neill was MacGyver ( though I never saw him in that)

Edited by silver

:roll_eyes: yes O'Neill was MacGyver ( though I never saw him in that)

:roftl: Sorry.

I never saw it either. I only know about it because Patty & Selma watch it on The Simpsons.

It's always about the cartoons with me, I'm afraid :blush-anim-cl:

Morning all

*is googling to try and find out just what the heck our voicemail number is since I was too lazy to get up to answer the phone this morning*

*curses father for constantly forgetting the number*

:bye: