The Australian Thread: Part Eighteen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Something with Numbers are touring again....

Except their vic shows are in Hallam and Ferntree Gully, not the easiest places to get too.. but I so want to go.

*plans to get tickets anyways*

Well they also have a gig in San Remo (just before Phillip Island) but we're in GC then. And they have a gig in QLD when we're in GC, but its up where my mum lives nearly, and they have gigs in QLD just after when I leave my mums in feb, but their all miles and miles and hours and hours away and so can't extend my trip to see them.

HAllam it is then

OKay, so screw being nice and buying the brothers presents ever again.

I spent ages thinking of what to get brother becster v.1, as his impossible to buy for. Finally settled on some Jay Jays tops which I thought he would like. I figured I'd check to see if he liked them first. Of course, he doesn't (one is too big, and one has green on it and he doesn't like green... he didn't even bother to read what it said which is a very him thing) and the receipt went missing among my bags of stuff, so of course I can't exchange them. So his all "just give them to Brother becster v.2 and his friend) not understanding that that means I still have to get him a present, v.2 already has his present and I'm not buying the friend anything, and that I had put a lot of thought into this. So screw him, he can have nothing then... I tried, I failed because his too fusy for his own good, he can deal with it.

Edited by soangel

I spent ages thinking of what to get brother becster v.1, as his impossible to buy for. Finally settled on some Jay Jays tops which I thought he would like. I figured I'd check to see if he liked them first. Of course, he doesn't (one is too big, and one has green on it and he doesn't like green... he didn't even bother to read what it said which is a very him thing) and the receipt went missing among my bags of stuff, so of course I can't exchange them. So his all "just give them to Brother becster v.2 and his friend) not understanding that that means I still have to get him a present, v.2 already has his present and I'm not buying the friend anything, and that I had put a lot of thought into this. So screw him, he can have nothing then... I tried, I failed because his too fusy for his own good, he can deal with it.

Good idea. I gave up buying for my brother for the same reason :wink2: Last year I bought him a model car to build himself, it took a 9volt battery and it was fan forced.. He laughed and thought I was mad. He put it together and it went about 10kmph.

But I'd just given up on giving him proper presents. :naughty:

You should buy Brother Becster v.1 a dummy to suck on.

Good idea. I gave up buying for my brother for the same reason :wink2: Last year I bought him a model car to build himself, it took a 9volt battery and it was fan forced.. He laughed and thought I was mad. He put it together and it went about 10kmph.

But I'd just given up on giving him proper presents. :naughty:

You should buy Brother Becster v.1 a dummy to suck on.

He doesn't even deserve a dummy... *hmph*

Christmas for me has always been about the giving. I've never cared if the gifts I got weren't that great as long as people liked what I gave them. But this year, I don't know. I guess what with this, and being unable to spend Christmas with my youngest siblings, missing a family lunch because mums family decided to hold it on the day that Dad's side does there thing, and everything else, that Christmas is losing its appeal to me. It used to be my favourite time of the year but now...

Edited by soangel

He doesn't even deserve a dummy... *hmph*

Christmas for me has always been about the giving. I've never cared if the gifts I got weren't that great as long as people liked what I gave them. But this year, I don't know. I guess what with this, and being unable to spend Christmas with my youngest siblings, missing a family lunch because mums family decided to hold it on the day that Dad's side does there thing, and everything else, that Christmas is losing its appeal to me. It used to be my favourite time of the year but now...

Yeah, if there's too much stress involved for the day then it loses it's appeal. That's why our christmas gatherings go for a few days.

Yeah, if there's too much stress involved for the day then it loses it's appeal. That's why our christmas gatherings go for a few days.

We've always made it a 3 day thing. It was Christmas Eve at mums, with Santa coming the night before. Then we would go to Mums family on Christmas day, and have dinner at Dads ft giving of presents. Then Boxing day it was lunch/dinner with Dads extended family. I liked that way.

This year now we're doing a lunch at home, since we'll actually be here, and boxing day. I miss the old routine

Whatever happened to "it's the thought that counts"?....especially after you put so much thought into it!

....and thank you for the Christmas Card....even though there was no mankini:naughty:

I've just written mine out so they will be posted tomorrow:wink2:

Whatever happened to "it's the thought that counts"?....especially after you put so much thought into it!

....and thank you for the Christmas Card....even though there was no mankini:naughty:

I don't know ... clearly the thought doesn't count so much. I prefer little kids, they love everything.

Yay cards

didn't take this place long to go quiet again:shocked:

Because we all hate you *smth*

There's always a mid afternoon lull

*THUD*

You know I lose all control when those two are together :mf_lustslow:

I really need to make that dassing JBJ pic now

Oooooh... oops! I'm sooooo sorry! *really isn't sorry*

I hope you find a good one..

Toodle pip!:wub2:

*is reminded of a little kid in Syria in Broken Sword*

Yeah, there were a few others too, Ernie, Big Bird... Can't remember what else but I don't think they sold most of them here. I know I had to pay a ridiculous amount to get a Tickle Me Grover sent out from America... I don't know why I bothered. It's in a box in my storage shed now and will probably never see the light of day again.

I'm sure I will! I just need to stop being so lazy and actually go over there. Ugh, I'm so slack

Neh, I'll just keep it as it is. He's not to know... Gotta make him feel as guilty as possible :bleh:

I do love your new sig by the way

Wow.. never heard of any others besides Elmo...

It's called Insatiable... it's quite good if I do say so myself... and you're allowed to be slack!

Rightio then!

Thank ye!

Speaking of kids shows... This show used to creep me out when I was a kid. Now I can see why...

Just a warning, it is a little bit rude

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=w4cKxFQHI_4

Lol, actually even though I keep whining about it, I am actually kind of excited to have morning sickness. I didn't have it at all with my son. I had every other problem imaginable but no morning sickness. I figure this time around I would much prefer to have horrible morning sickness and no other problems. :naughty:

Hehe... playing with your twanger... and I was waiting for the puppet to say foreskin...

I guess it's a good sign if you have morning sickness...

We usually do but we'll be at the Gold Coast instead this year.

Well.. sort of. Although I didn't make it all the way. :naughty:

But I'm sending that text tomorrow!

:doh: Of course, you'll be at the GC! Sorry, I forgot.

It's an old fashioned thought that came to grief when it ran into today's modern culture of materialism and selfishness? *shrugs*

I sent yours yesterday... Anybody else want a Chrissy card? I don't have addresses for anybody! Teegs, I probably had your address briefly but not anymore.

that's okay... I don't have yours either... I had it in my address book that is either:

# In the abyss that is under my bed

# In the storage shed

# Completely lost (and possibly stolen by Bim :naughty:)...

I'll pm you if you like...

Plus, can anyone help? Mikasounds is making my browser crash!!!

Everytime I've tried to open it in the last couple of days, it's just shut the whole thing down...:tears:

OK, I'm gonna have to get off the pc now, son wants to borrow it to watch Xena...

My only suggestion would be to try it in another browser (like Firefox)... if you have it...

Actually, it's Firefox that is crashing! I was able to see the blogs in IE and grilled hubby about why Firefox was crashing and it would appear it's something to do with an issue our pc is having with QuickTime. Loosely quoting hubby, it would seem that something is corrupted in the registry. QuickTime has not installed correctly, nor will it let him uninstall it. So he's going to reformat the hard drive while he's on holidays... Or something like that...