The California Fires

LA_fashionista

These fires are basically all we've been hearing about on the local news...

Montecito, Sylmar, the Anaheim hills, Yorba Linda, Arleta, West Covina, and several other areas are plagued by fire. :shocked:

http://news.aol.com/article/california-battles-devastating-wildfires/248092

The devastation is just shocking and my heart goes out to those who have lost their homes.

My neighborhood isn't anywhere near the evacuated or devastated areas, but the smoke can be seen from all over the San Fernando Valley. :boxed:

These are some photos I took of the smoke filled sky and the Sylmar area fire...

IMG_2200.jpg

IMG_2193.jpg

IMG_2187.jpg

IMG_2177.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i love how i had no idea about the fires when people out of the country have it on their news and stuff. :roftl:

Funny that :naughty:

When I heard about the fires, it reminded me of the fires that were going around this time last year and I hoped that no-one from here was near it...

Has anyone been killed? :shocked:

When I heard about the fires, it reminded me of the fires that were going around this time last year and I hoped that no-one from here was near it...

o ya. idk

it reminds me of this summer, but better. the part of cali i live in hasnt been affected yet.

Poor California. :tears:

Last year when San Diego County was going up in flames, I wanted to cry. SoCal is such a beautiful, beautiful part of the world...so sad when natural disasters hit it.

there was a big fire in san diego last yr? i dont remember

wow. im a bad californian! :roftl:

:roftl:

i feel stupid. i dont even know whats happening where im living! im so oblivious!

I didn't know either, dev!

And I hadn't heard of some things happening around me either, so it's okay, unless you aggressively watch the news, you'd know.

haha its hilarious how ppl outta the country know, but we have no idea!

I don't think anyone's been killed, thankfully, but there were a bunch of injuries and hundreds of destroyed homes. :thumbdown:

UPDATE:

They said on the news that the Sylmar fire is 80% contained, so that's good news....

And the air quality in the Valley is supposed to start improving soon. :thumb_yello:

thats good.

i could kind of smell it in the air today. just a little. it hits me hard, no matter how much there is, so it made me a little lightheaded, and with me and no inhailer (i lost it) i was scared it would be worse, but i was lucky it wasnt. i think its just my neighborhood. whenever theyre are fires, because my neighborhood is like a crater, it traps in all the smoke and what not, so i think thats why i was fine.