Go To MikaSounds! - Blog Updates Thread (Part 6)

Fmbm

I wrote: MFC is freaking out without you!

please show your face very very soon!

:)

or something like that...it must be still there, it's a comment on myspace.

dunno but he blogged! :bleh:

it rains in la. He wrote. He cannot go out and get tanned with the excuse of entertaining the seagulls.. That's why he blogged

Kelzy, stitch rocks no end. Great sig!

Rose, dress the panda as a secret agent and call it peter ( see phineas&ferb): it may work.

Ruxi, I had the samson lion book too, as a child and loved it. Needles to say, thestory is so "mika".

I am not so much into modern video artists he blogged about in past, but I have always been an admirer of vintage or vintage style illustrators. So I am more than pleased when he presents us more of such.

And a new entry of the blackall project is coming! That's exciting!

The organ bit is also very appealing to me. Even more eager to know/ hear more now.

Greg seems a nice person (also from pep documentary); wouldn't mind to see more of him.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, organ. :thumbdown:

I used to play it when I was younger but thought it was so uncool. So I stopped it. :roftl:

My english teacher told my friend and I that she used to play one of those things where you play the keys I think like an organ/piano type thing adn you pedal at the same time.

Hard to imagine the little woman, her frou frou skirts and little cardigans and "miss Petegrew" esque appearance and delicate structure, pushing pedals and playing a gaint organ :D

When Mika first said Greg Wells playing the organ I imagined some guy (have not seen PDP yet) with a gaint novelty heart playing it like a bag pipe :D

I should draw that in a later edition to the MFC blackall project :D

*takes note*

My english teacher told my friend and I that she used to play one of those things where you play the keys I think like an organ/piano type thing adn you pedal at the same time.

Hard to imagine the little woman, her frou frou skirts and little cardigans and "miss Petegrew" esque appearance and delicate structure, pushing pedals and playing a gaint organ :D

When Mika first said Greg Wells playing the organ I imagined some guy (have not seen PDP yet) with a gaint novelty heart playing it like a bag pipe :D

I should draw that in a later edition to the MFC blackall project

*takes note*

:lol3: do that! Greg will have a good laugh. :wink2:

I never played those giant church organ things, I had something we call a home organ (God, the word alone sounds so outmoded :roftl:) needing power from the grid, so, no pedalling there... :roftl:

I wish my parents had made me play piano instead, but what do you know when you're eight years old... :lol3:

I never played those giant church organ things, I had something we call a home organ (God, the word alone sounds so outmoded :roftl:) needing power from the grid, so, no pedalling there... :roftl:

I wish my parents had made me play piano instead, but what do you know when you're eight years old... :lol3:

Or in my case 6 years old. I still have my organ. It doesn't switch off so it has to be turned on and off at the wall.. Sad pathetic thing it is. :roftl:

(p.s. thanks avoca!)

Hahaha it's on my to do list along with the "what REALLY happened to all those lollipops at Mika's art exhibition" picture :wink2:

Yeah parent's can sometimes take advantage of their childrens' innocence (real word IGNORANCE) at times like that :D

Like when granddad made me an outcase so that when all the girls wanted to be fairy princesses, I wanted to be a geologist and "do dinosaurs" and marry Steve Irwin when I gew up!

Jeez, I could have been normal granddad! :chair::huglove:

Or in my case 6 years old. I still have my organ. It doesn't switch off so it has to be turned on and off at the wall.. Sad pathetic thing it is.

(p.s. thanks avoca!)

What a historical moment. I'm not alone. I share my fate with someone on the other side of the world. :blush-anim-cl:

Yeah parent's can sometimes take advantage of their childrens' innocence (real word IGNORANCE) at times like that

Like when granddad made me an outcase so that when all the girls wanted to be fairy princesses, I wanted to be a geologist and "do dinosaurs" and marry Steve Irwin when I gew up!

Jeez, I could have been normal granddad!

You could have been a dinosour princess :das:

Well, after about two years I managed to convince my parents that my organ teacher must have been certifiably insane. How? Well, I was the kind of child who can easily devour three books a week or more. I never got into reading music, though. Learning a new song, I always just tried to find out the right combination of keys and once I got it I just would remember. :roftl: So my teacher :insane: seriously reacted on my poor music reading attempts saying: "You know what? As you like reading so much, why don't you just take your sheets instead of your book and read that?" My reaction on this was like: :blink: And for sure this was the turning point in my musical career. :naughty: I didn't see what black dots on lines could possibly have in common with words, fit to feed my imagination in the most colorful way. And I was not enough of a musical genious to hear the sound of a note in my head when I 'saw' it. So that's how the organ plan became a part of the past. :naughty:

Did ohana really mean that nobody gets denied ice cream? I haven't seen that movie in ages, but it's one of my favorite Disney movies ever! Especially because of all those great Elvis songs in it.

*still staring at Kelzy’s mesmerizing zig*:mf_lustslow:

I think I have to see that movie!

The step between organ and piano can not be big, do you play piano now?

Hahaha it's on my to do list along with the "what REALLY happened to all those lollipops at Mika's art exhibition" picture :wink2:

I took some:blush-anim-cl:..... still have them in a cupboard:blush-anim-cl:

The step between organ and piano can not be big, do you play piano now?

Unfortunately not. Thinking that being unable to read music (and also unwilling to try harder to learn it :naughty:) would prevent me from playing any sort of instrument ever, I just stopped it altogether.

I didn't know back then that some of the Beatles (or all of them?) and other successful musicians can't sight-read as well. :sneaky2: Nobody told me... :thumbdown:

Unfortunately not. Thinking that being unable to read music (and also unwilling to try harder to learn it :naughty:) would prevent me from playing any sort of instrument ever, I just stopped it altogether.

I didn't know back then that some of the Beatles (or all of them?) and other successful musicians can't sight-read as well. :sneaky2: Nobody told me... :thumbdown:

No it’s a big secret; we wouldn’t want to make all music teachers out of work!:mf_rosetinted:

Parent’s dream is of course to see their little one playing an instrument in front of a big audience with sheet music and all!

Try to play again; a lot of people can play just “by ear!”

Including me and my crazy family!:naughty:

And they say if you once have played and instrument you have it in you somewhere, you just don’t forget about it!:thumb_yello:

Parent’s dream is of course to see their little one playing an instrument in front of a big audience with sheet music and all!

in here where i live parents also force kids to speak english in front of everybody even though they don't understand a word:lol3:

when i was 9 and my parents wanted me to speak something (so that they could show everyone that their kid is so smart:roftl:) i used to just ramble something like:

"mr and mrs. smith go to the seeside

i have my breakfast at 7 o'clock

this is the refrigirator...

is that enough:sneaky2:"

and everyone goes "wow,amazing!:shocked:"

:lmao:

I didn't know back then that some of the Beatles (or all of them?) and other successful musicians can't sight-read as well. :sneaky2 Nobody told me... thumbdown:

:roftl:

aww:huglove:

in here where i live parents also force kids to speak english in front of everybody even though they don't understand a word:lol3:

when i was 9 and my parents wanted me to speak something (so that they could show everyone that their kid is so smart:roftl:) i used to just ramble something like:

"mr and mrs. smith go to the seeside

i have my breakfast at 7 o'clock

this is the refrigirator...

is that enough:sneaky2:"

Things like these make me really happy I'm not a child anymore...:roftl:... physically, that is :mf_rosetinted:

does anyone have an account on yahoo answers?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090125062739AA5VvPJ

this guys needs some information:sneaky2:

DiamondGirl? :lmfao:

Guess that's Mika himself in very bad disguise, wondering what people know already... :naughty:

She is in Gallhammer? :lmfao: WTF, is that a WOW territory? :lol3:

To be honest, a part of me likes the idea how they know nothing and reduce him to mainstream blablabla... MORE MIKA FOR US! :das:

Edited by violet_sky

She is in Gallhammer? :lmfao: WTF, is that a WOW territory? :lol3:

i just noticed it

she?:lmfao:

To be honest, a part of me likes the idea how they know nothing and reduce him to mainstream blablabla... MORE MIKA FOR US! :das:

no please,i had enough mika in here as nobody else knows him but me:roftl:

My friend Matt plays our churches organ, so he knows how the pedals work.

So Mika, if you do go down the church organ route, I'm sure I can persuade my friend to play a couple of shows for you ;-)

Hi there Rose, how's your weekend been so far?

L A A A Z Z Z Z Y Y Y !!!

Ha ha ha!

And isn't Galhammer a ski resort in Switzerland or somewhere?

I remember we used to have a programme called Ski Sunday, which showed all the skiing competitions going on, and I'm sure Galhammer was one of the places they featured regularly.

Edited by RAK1

L A A A Z Z Z Z Y Y Y !!!

Ha ha ha!

And isn't Galhammer a ski resort in Switzerland or somewhere?

I remember we used to have a programme called Ski Sunday, which showed all the skiing competitions going on, and I'm sure Galhammer was one of the places they featured regularly.

Hmm ...*consults Wikipedia*

"Gallhammer is a Japanese extreme metal group that draws on black metal, doom metal, and crust punk. They formed in Tokyo in 2003. All of the members are female, which is rare in their genre.

Band members

* Vivian Slaughter - vocals, bass

* Mika Penetrator - guitar, vocals

* Risa Reaper - drums, vocals

"

LOL :lol3: Mika Penetrator ... that's tough. :lmfao: