Help Mika Know What You Would Like Him To Blog About...

willywonka

I am quite sure that I have it copied somewhere, so I will just have to look for it. Will post when I do!

Yeah, those ones.

I loved it when in the one from San Francisco, he said 'I sit here gorging on junk food from the minibar, quietly elated', and something about how things panned out and that 'life is a funny thing'.

Something about those blogs was so fresh, genuine, and gave a glimpse ito the 'Real Mika', that I just loved.

As I said, I have them somewhere, so I will search for them :thumb_yello:

i searched all my hard disk and could not find it! i was sure i hade saved it, i can remember it very well.....

and i went back reading all his (!) myspace blogs...nothing there.

so please sara, you would supply social aid here!:naughty:

Thanks for searching girls! :wub2:

And Sara pls do find them!!!! :mf_rosetinted: Didn't even know he blogged in 2007 :rolls_eyes:

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok!! Long live my 'backup mentality' :naughty:.

Here are the old blogs that Mika posted on his old site. I just totally :wub2: them, as to me, they show the real person behind this whole thing.

And looking at my 'archives', I realise that a few of them were already on Myspace (where they still are I guess) so I will post them at the bottom:

Enjoy.

Mikasounds

Hi and thank you from MIKA (in San Fran)

13/02/2007

I just wanted to send out a huge thank you to everyone who has supported me on here over the past few months. I know exactly where the bulk of support I've been getting has come from.

I have just received a text message telling me that the album has made number one in the UK.

I am sitting here in my hotel room in San Francisco, its 3:00 am, I'm totally jet-lagged and everyone is sound asleep.

Funny how things pan out. So I sit quietly elated gorging on the junk food in the mini bar.

Thank you, to all of you.

Mika xx

Mikasounds

MIKA Newsletter 14/03/07

16/03/2007

Patrick Wolf is a genius.

Funny things happen on aeroplanes. I don’t know what it is. The unusually confined space, the recycled kerosene infused air or maybe its just being closer to God.

My opinions become extreme. I tend to rant/bitch about everything,

mostly to my sister (who pretends to listen), dance around euphorically to my iPod or cry at movies. I NEVER cry watching movies… normally.

I am on a British Airways flight on my way to South by Southwest music festival in Texas.

The flight attendant clearly doesn’t like me and he’s made it very clear.

He could make condescension an art form and the lady next me complained to him about my headphone dancing, only making matters worse.

Perhaps it’s the altitude that explains the extreme euphoria I am feeling for Patrick Wolf’s music.

I have to admit I am quite late jumping on the Wolf bandwagon as he is already on his third album.

The Magic Position is an album I can’t stop playing and I intend on making up for my lateness as much as possible.

Once again, thanks to all of you who have come out to the shows over the past few weeks.

With the speed at which everything has happened, playing live is the one thing that makes everything feel real. I now miss it when

were not on the road doing gigs. Thankfully that doesn’t look like its gonna be an issue any time soon!

LOVE TODAY VIDEO

Just finished the Love Today video for which I collaborated with Sophie Muller again.

Look out for my friends from the Grace Kelly video.

Tune in to T4 tomorrow am to watch it. I have no idea what to expect of South by Southwest.

I’ve always heard about it from people in the industry but never really from musicians themselves, so will be interesting.

One thing’s for sure, with as many as 130 Brits over there this year, there’s sure to be a decent bar around to run away from the execs.

I’ll write this weekend to let you know how it goes. Apparently I am doing a gig with Pete Townsend. Rumour has it that he may play live with me and my guitarist Martin on Love Today.

Jesus, it’s a funny old life.

Mika

I think that I have a couple omore bits saved elsewhere, but I need to find the way to open an old file so I will post if and when I find them hehe :naughty:.

It does bug me though to read this again, after the way Patrick slated Mika calling him a tw@t after Somerset House...So incredibly bad form! After Mika pimping him so much!

I couldn't fit it all into one post, so here are the myspace ones (in case someone wants to read them not going back in there:

Anyway here are the Myspace ones:

Myspace

11 Feb 2007 17:57 GMT

Hi and thank you from MIKA (in San Fran)

I just wanted to send out a huge thank you to everyone who has supported me on here over the past few months. I know exactly where

the bulk of support I've been getting has come from. I have just received a text message telling me that the album has made number

one in the UK. I am sitting here in my hotel room in San Francisco, its 3:00 am, I'm totally jet-lagged and everyone is sound

asleep. Funny how things pan out. So I sit quietly elated gorging on the junk food in the mini bar.

Thank you, to all of you.

Here's some new tour dates:

Mon 14th May - Shepherds Bush Empire, London

Wed 16th May - Glasgow Barrowlands

Thu 17th May - Birmingham Academy

Fri 18th May - Leeds University

You can buy London, Birmingham & Leeds here!

For Glasgow...here!

Mika xx

Myspace blog

21 Aug 2007 14:23 BST

Mika birthday messages...thank you

I want to say thank you for the totally incredible gift that so many of you made for me and to those who put it all together. I was

completely surprised to find your massive box in my dressing room at V this weekend. The amount of work put in and the standard of

all you drawings, cuttings and designs amazed me. I am really touched by what all of you at MFC have done and want you to know that

in no way is it unnoticed or unappreciated. Thank you so much again. Definitely the best birthday gift I've ever received. Am

writing up a newsletter to let you all know what's been going on and some of our plans for the next few weeks. So keep posted.

Thank you again and all my love

Mika

Myspace blog

12 May 2008 21:37 BST

My one day off in Connecticut, rain, and itchy scalp

Im sitting 45 mins outside of New York, planning the last few days of my US trip. I've been here for 12 days now but only have two

more to go.

As I started searching through the internet and going through comments and messages on myspace as well as spying into various forums(the latter always being a bit of a dangerous activity), it became clear to me that I needed to write something and let people know what I'm up to.

Tonight I'm off to watch Tegan and Sara at Terminal 5 in New York. If you don't know them, check out their song Back In Your Head. Its pretty damn good. They're playing the very same place that we all took over a few months ago.

I'm also going to be checking out the illustrator Sophie Blackall's studio in Broklyn. I've spoken about her before. She illustrated a brilliant children's book called Ruby's Wish.

Its been a busy few weeks. Mainly, I've been working on the new album. Writing and demoing. But I've also been planning a few other things. Mainly my website and my short festival run in July.

I have decided to redesign my website and change the way that I've been approaching what I do online.

From the very beginning, I always wanted a website that not only represented me, my music and my visual world but something that could take on a life of its own. I never really had a chance to make this happen the way that I wanted it to. SO... I have formed a small team, and together with them, I am going to write about what I'm up to on a regular basis.

Posting things that we love from around the world as well as creating new

art, cartoon strips, short films and loads more.

Ambitious? yes! but fun too. and thats the point.

I suppose that as we have become less broke, creating things like this have become more possible. I know that if I started a normal blog people wouldn't be interested in reading what I was having for breakfast or which other musicians I think are asses. So that's not the point.

Think of it as bit of an online scrap book.

We are going to start building the new site really soon and we will be looking for your help. So

keep your eyes peeled for how you can get involved.

As for the July run of shows. You can find out where I'm gonna be on the LIVE section of http://www.mikasounds.com I will post the dates up here by tomorrow.

I have to say one more thing. I notice that the past few

months I've been getting loads of messages and comments from people in the United States and especially from South America.

I'm really proud of what's been happening with my music in Argentina and Mexico, Venezuela and all over South America.

I am thanking you to high heaven for giving me an excuse to tour over there on my next record. Can't wait!

Right my ride to the city has been waiting for me for 45 mins. Its almost five and I havent showered or eaten yet.

My hair smells as i have refused to wash it on a "natural" wash experiment I've had going on. Now that it itches, I've had enough.

Screw natural. My scalp needs chemicals.

a

bientot,

Mxx

i found the february one on myspace, but not the march one...thanks!

now it's saved! :thumb_yello:

and i've found the MFC birthday gift thanking...

Tuesday, August 21st, 2007

Mika birthday messages...thank you

I want to say thank you for the totally incredible gift that so many of you made for me and to those who put it all together. I was completely surprised to find your massive box in my dressing room at V this weekend. The amount of work put in and the standard of all you drawings, cuttings and designs amazed me. I am really touched by what all of you at MFC have done and want you to know that in no way is it unnoticed or unappreciated. Thank you so much again. Definitely the best birthday gift I've ever received. Am writing up a newsletter to let you all know what's been going on and some of our plans for the next few weeks. So keep posted.

Thank you again and all my love

Mika

and all the postponed gigs message on dec 2007

EDIT! you have posted it already, lol

I am quite sure that I have it copied somewhere, so I will just have to look for it. Will post when I do!

Yeah, those ones.

I loved it when in the one from San Francisco, he said 'I sit here gorging on junk food from the minibar, quietly elated', and something about how things panned out and that 'life is a funny thing'.

Something about those blogs was so fresh, genuine, and gave a glimpse ito the 'Real Mika', that I just loved.

As I said, I have them somewhere, so I will search for them :thumb_yello:

The San Francisco one, is that the one where he said everyone else had crashed out, but he couldn't sleep?

EDIT: ah I see that it is.

Also the b'day pressie blog, that was a mission and a half getting that box to where it had to be!

From Bexxy having to get it from her car to her tent, and walking around for ages with her the next day, to get it to his dressing room!

But it was worth it.

Which brings me to the subject.

What happened to the blog where he was supposed to show LAST years presents???

That blog is WAY overdue!!!

Edited by RAK1

The San Francisco one, is that the one where he said everyone else had crashed out, but he couldn't sleep?

Yep - as posted here :bleh: :

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2094748&postcount=103

:naughty::naughty:

I am sitting here in my hotel room in San Francisco, its 3:00 am, I'm totally jet-lagged and everyone is sound asleep.

Funny how things pan out. So I sit quietly elated gorging on the junk food in the mini bar.

Incidentally, I realised that, despite what I said earlier, I don't have any more of the old Mikasounds ones.

But I think that this was all the interesting stuff, cause I specifically went through them all to save the precious ones just in case something happened.

Which of course, it did, when he suddenly moved to the new site :roftl:

I found out about something yesterday.

:bow: well done, inspector ada :das:

I had totally forgotten about the bmi thing, plus, I can't recall having ever read the 'Look, don't touch' title. :lmfao:

Ohh and the 'cold' bit sounds to me like 'cold at heart' ... ? Confusion ... :insane:

Ok!! Long live my 'backup mentality'.

Here are the old blogs that Mika posted on his old site. I just totally :wub2: them, as to me, they show the real person behind this whole thing.

Awwwwwww, so great to see the old Mika stuff again, thank you.

Yeah, lets hope for that song on the new album!

I love it more and more....or maybe it's the lack of listening to his voice in some new material for so long that makes me soft...

Good job Ada!

It may be partly the lack of Mika news, but this song..... it actually gives me that little feeling in the back of my spine.... :naughty: I think we all feel very intigued about that "cold heart" (let's call it like that), because of the combination of notes, I can totally understand Mika here. This song has got to be on the next album.

:bow: well done, inspector ada :das:

I had totally forgotten about the bmi thing, plus, I can't recall having ever read the 'Look, don't touch' title. :lmfao:

Ohh and the 'cold' bit sounds to me like 'cold at heart' ... ? Confusion ...

Yeah, I was always wondering what is look don't touch about.... :roftl:

I can't exactly say what is Mika singing during the cold heart bit, but I can definitely spot words "cold" and "heart" :thumb_yello:

:naughty: I created a monster...

Sorry Mika, if that song was supposed to be the ace up your sleeve. (justifiably so!)

What? I said I'm sorry. [

It's probably as much a piece of evidence for him being gay as Billy Brown.

:roftl:

I mean, I don't find it far fetched that he treats himself by singing his stuff to himself :naughty:... however...

nea.gif

Okay, I think I need to come out of the closet here, admitting that I apparently am not familiar enough with LiveICM ...

Where do I find that bit?

Let's just find all the snippets and edit them together :nau ghty: - Who needs a new album?

Yes you have :naughty:

And if you're still looking for it on LiveICM, it's at about a little 6 minutes and 45 seconds. He's saying something like "the great thing about pop songs is that you can borrow into idioms!" and then he starts singing that. It's just him with that white sweater thing, sitting at the piano. I hope that helps? It's very pretty, I like that song quite a bit :wub2:

And if you're still looking for it on LiveICM, it's at about a little 6 minutes and 45 seconds. He's saying something like "the great thing about pop songs is that you can borrow into idioms!" and then he starts singing that. It's just him with that white sweater thing, sitting at the piano. I hope that helps? It's very pretty, I like that song quite a bit :wub2:

Thanks, I will look into that some time tonight. :flowers2:

Hmmm....Not sure if I have noticed that! I will have to have a look now, I'm curious. So this is different to the one where he is talking about the spine?

Ok!! Long live my 'backup mentality' :naughty:.

And looking at my 'archives', I realise that a few of them were already on Myspace (where they still are I guess) so I will post them at the bottom:

Enjoy.

It does bug me though to read this again, after the way Patrick slated Mika calling him a tw@t after Somerset House...So incredibly bad form! After Mika pimping him so much!

i found the february one on myspace, but not the march one...thanks!

now it's saved! :thumb_yello:

and i've found the MFC birthday gift thanking...

and all the postponed gigs message on dec 2007

EDIT! you have posted it already, lol

Thank you very much girls, this is a great gift!! :flowers2:

Sara, I agree with you about the genuineness of those blogs :wub2:

.. and also about Patrick :thumbdown:

Hmmm....Not sure if I have noticed that! I will have to have a look now, I'm curious. So this is different to the one where he is talking about the spine?

It is! Though that part is very beautiful too. I think that one is at, like, 11 minutes or something? If I remember correctly...

:lol3:

"Put you heart back in your pocket, pick your love up off the floor..." :wub2:

Btw have you guys heard that he plays it on the live in cartoon motion dvd?

on the " A long way from home" doumetary.

he say something like " and you can borrow from other artists" and plays a part of it.

I love the song! And i want it :sneaky2:

Edit: Hehe saw that you'd already discussed it xD

Edited by Pideh

Btw have you guys heard that he plays it on the live in cartoon motion dvd?

on the " A long way from home" doumetary.

he say something like " and you can borrow from other artists" and plays a part of it.

I love the song! And i want it :sneaky2:

Edit: Hehe saw that you'd already discussed it xD

Aha! So if he says that, maybe this song is another artist's? Mind you- I haven't heard it yet, but just thinking that it could be...

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

answermyquestion

I think he should answer some of the questions people have sent him! That would be a good idea. He's only answered the ones on travel, there must be lots of other questions he could answer.

Yeah, like a clothes one, and answer my questions about the cartoon trousers!:wub2: