What makes you a TRUE Fan?

HollyD

. . . . Here's the thing -

We all have different perspectives and points of view.

* What can be done by one may not be possible for another - does that make the other less of a fan?

* Some people have the means to attend multiple concerts - while others cannot afford to go to one. Does that make the one with lesser means, a lesser fan?

* Some people have TONS of memorabillia - some have merely one poster of Mika.

* * * you SEE where I am going with this!

- - - and Y E S there is a REASON behind the madness . . .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

IN Y O U R opinion tell us what YOU think makes someone a TRUE fan.

I don't think being a TRUE fans has ANYTHING to do with materialistics!

But, I want to know what yall think of the matter . . .

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The things that make me a TRUE fan IMO

* I listen to Mika every day of my life, and have since June 2007 (when I discovered him) :naughty:

* I am on the MFC everyday -- since that time also!

* Mika is an everyday PART of my life - as much as the air that I breathe. He is in my heart and in my thoughts.

* The Bestest Friends in my life in/out of the MFC I met BECAUSE of Mika.

* RESPECTING the artisit for who they are, and accepting them for who they are.

. . and standing behind them with unconditional support - even/especially when they fall.

Edited by HollyD

I say ... I have no idea :roftl:

I mean, f.e. I have some things from Air Traffic (and expanding :naughty::blush-anim-cl:), someone told me today she was jealous of my collection. I don't know what there is to be jealous about, but ok .. :roftl: But I don't consider myself as a TRUE fan .. I just like them, and like their music. But I don't follow their every move (no, I don't :mf_rosetinted:) or god knows what ..

I don't know ..

I just have the cd and dvd, and 1 pic that a friend made it for me, I don't have money to go in another country and I never saw a show of MIKA, but I know in my heart that I am a true fan, I don't care for what other people could think of me.

That is SO true! :wub2:

I say ... I have no idea :roftl:

I mean, f.e. I have some things from Air Traffic (and expanding :naughty::blush-anim-cl:), someone told me today she was jealous of my collection. I don't know what there is to be jealous about, but ok .. :roftl: But I don't consider myself as a TRUE fan .. I just like them, and like their music. But I don't follow their every move (no, I don't :mf_rosetinted:) or god knows what ..

I don't know ..

Do you consider yourself a TRUE fan of Mika then?

Do you consider yourself a TRUE fan of Mika then?

Also difficult .. But yes .. Mika is more to me than AT.

Don't know exactly what it is, but it feels different .. you know what I mean?

I know!!!! :roftl:

That's good :mf_rosetinted::roftl:

I'm just thinking what I should do if for some reason Mika & AT would have a gig around on the same day .. Now THAT'S a hard one, even for a TRUE Mika fan :blink:

:roftl:

well to me a true fan is someone who loves & adores Mika no matter what

NOT someone who listens to the cd constantly or watches the dvd all the time or spends hours on the mfc (or any other Mika site) or has been to dozens of gigs etc...

but someone who genuinely cares about his feelings, will respect him, not treat him like sh*t, not tear him apart or expect too much for him but will be extremelly grateful for what he does give us & is so happy he has blessed our lives with his beautiful prescence and talent & inner & outer beauty:mf_lustslow:

someone who realises he's just another regular human being with feelings who needs to be treated with the sort of respect you expect from others yourself!

someone who doesn't think he's the most perfect thing in the world realises he has flaws just like the rest of us but that those flaws/quirks make him all the more beautiful

someone who loves him far more for his inner beauty, personality & humour than his physical looks/sexy body and what he wears (but does of course appreciate his physical beauty & sense of style too:wub2:)

and yes I'd say Im a true fan but I don't like the word fan NEVER have!!!

It implies to most people that you are obsessed with the celebrity & follow their every move (not neccessarily in the literal sense) but that you look for EVERY single bit of information about them possible and someone who has way too many pics of them and has watched/read EVEY single interview & will not rest until they get more those who are overly insatiable & obsessive to a scary degree & that's NOT me!!!

Edited by DarkLight

. . . . Here's the thing -

We all have different perspectives and points of view.

* What can be done by one may not be possible for another - does that make the other less of a fan?

No!

* Some people have the means to attend multiple concerts - while others cannot afford to go to one. Does that make the one with lesser means, a lesser fan?

No!

* Some people have TONS of memorabillia - some have merely one poster of Mika.

No!

IN Y O U R opinion tell us what YOU think makes someone a TRUE fan.

For me a truth fan has to respect the artist… for me this is the main thing!

Gigs, materialist things or if he knows me or not, don't make me a super fan! Ok, I love to go to a gig, or buy his singles, but I’m not more (or less) important than anyone for that!:wink2:

I just have the cd and dvd, and 1 pic that a friend made it for me, I don't have money to go in another country and I never saw a show of MIKA, but I know in my heart that I am a true fan, I don't care for what other people could think of me.

You just need to love him! :wink2:

I'm not quite sure what the difference would be between a fan and a "true" fan. Both enjoy music, perhaps a true fan always stands up for the music. But just enjoying the music is enough for anybody i would judge personally.

Also, i more intense fan would probably pay more attention to the person behind the song rather than just the song, that's a big one i think.

lalala =] :harp::punk:

Are there false fans? :blink: I mean, when I say I'm a fan of someone, I'm a true one. :naughty:

Anyway, I know what you mean...

For me, a fan is a person who respects the artist and his work, and of course likes it (which doesn't mean we have to like everything the artist does/says).

I consider myself a "true" fan of Mika (and others), not because of the things I own (because I don't own much memorabilia, I must say), but because of what I feel about them, that's all. :thumb_yello: