Burlesque, pin up, showgirl, Cabaret and vaudeville Thread

Lolliepop_girl

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I just watched "The Notorious Bettie Page" and what an AMAZING movie!

I can't fault the acting and the casting of miss Page was as perfect as I can see!

It was mentioned earlier on in the thread so I won't post pics but seriously, after seeing it myself, I really advise anyone who loves pin up, burlesque or Bettie Page, to WATCH THIS MOVIE!!!

for some reason i am fascinated with pin ups! i dont know why and i have never admitted it but i love it!

Then join us! :punk:

You're more than welcome here :wub2:

I can only post pictures from photobucket and for some reason the search engine never ltes me search "Virginia D’Vine" which is annoying at best because it just seems to stop working (the search) altogether.

This is a shame because she is really very beautiful and her pictures are among some of my favourite non-red heard ones.

Seriously, I really have a soft spot for red haired ladies :blush-anim-cl:

Yeah, I had that thought last night but then I said to myself "Stop that Lyonesse, there is no way in hell that he would read my humble little thread!" :naughty:

Would be cool if he did though :wub2:

you know it's not HIM reading MFC...:no: ... it is his sisters who tell him all about what is going on here... :biggrin2::naughty:

Yeah, for some reason I can't search for anything with a ' in it. *shrug*

From Virginia D'Vine's Myspace

Not always a redhead.

l_4fb92934e6724279a6a88a4ea830a2d8.jpg

l_ead3b3fb3983476fab9a1437f61eccfc.jpg

Thost last two^^ are the ones I got sent in an email about her.

They were the ones I loved the most. Particularly the corset and tophad and gloved one :naughty:

Thank you Melzy! :huglove:

you know it's not HIM reading MFC...:no ... it is his sisters who tell him all about what is going on here... :biggrin2: naughty:

OMG you Yasmine and Paloma and Zulieka read my thread? :shocked:

Who IS this Mika you speak of again? :roftl:

People

FRIDAY

Caught in the Act!

Originally posted Friday April 17, 2009 06:00 AM EDT

• Dita von Teese, enjoying the music at pop star Mika's secret show at the Roxy in Hollywood. Hosted by blogger Perez Hilton (who shared a table with von Teese), the event began with a special burlesque performance before Mika launched into his hit "Grace Kelly" as the audience screamed. He also performed tunes from his forthcoming sophomore album, telling the crowd, "Help me to celebrate coming out of retirement."

Edited by A. Clay

People

FRIDAY

Caught in the Act!

Originally posted Friday April 17, 2009 06:00 AM EDT

• Dita von Teese, enjoying the music at pop star Mika's secret show at the Roxy in Hollywood. Hosted by blogger Perez Hilton (who shared a table with von Teese), the event began with a special burlesque performance before Mika launched into his hit "Grace Kelly" as the audience screamed. He also performed tunes from his forthcoming sophomore album, telling the crowd, "Help me to celebrate coming out of retirement."

LOL thanks for that Alice!

"Coming out of retirement" :roftl:

• 2 weeks later...
Speaking of the Gaga, I got her album today when I got woken up with birthday preswents and cake along with Lily Allen's album.

I love the pictures in Lily's booklent, that pink dress and viel, it's great!

Love Lady Gaga too :wink2:

Your heart is big and generous!:wub2:

I love that and I have both albums too… and Lily I love, she genius... and Gaga...well some of the songs I think are really good and all in all it's easy and fun music and perfect to have in the headphones while walking for exercise!

Please tell us what you think when you have had the time to listen to them!:wink2:

Your heart is big and generous!:wub2:

I love that and I have both albums too… and Lily I love, she genius... and Gaga...well some of the songs I think are really good and all in all it's easy and fun music and perfect to have in the headphones while walking for exercise!

Please tell us what you think when you have had the time to listen to them!:wink2:

Aaaw thank you! :huglove:

Seriously, best birthday EVER! :yay:

Lily Allen I havn't had a chance to hear, although the cd's just finished on Lady Gaga and is now onto Lily but granddad is OBSESSED with it's not fair and has taken over the radio so, until now, I havn't even really hear Gaga because every time I've put her on since yesterday, granddad fowerds it to Lily and it's not fair so I never got to hear anything but!

I love Lady Gaga, Paparazi is great and so isAy ay and I LOVE LOVE Love game! :wub2:

Also I got E-

HOLD THE PHONE!

I just got a parcel in the mail so went to open it and it was that tee shirt that all the twi-freaks are wearing with the slogan "I kissed a vampire and I liked it"

COOLNESS!

Anyway, I got Eclipse and Breaking Dawn the books (because I have read them but I had to get them out of the library and hate when I own part of a series and not the rest) and the twilight DVD and a twilight poaster from granddad and mother as well as the cd's and the cake and I'm going to see if I can get some good vampire piccys up later!

Lily Allen is good, I love how familiar to me she sounds because her voice is so distinctive and I just love the British accent! :mf_lustslow:

Lily Allen is good, I love how familiar to me she sounds because her voice is so distinctive and I just love the British accent! :mf_lustslow:

Oh I love that too!:wub2:

It sounds like you had a great birthday!:roftl:

Oh I love that too!:wub2:

It sounds like you had a great birthday!:roftl:

LOL that doesn't even start to explain it!

I went to my friend's place (they wern't there but their mom and dad were and so were a couple of my other friends) and one had a little light and their kitten (5 months) was running around chasing it in circles until it got dizzy and fell over when she tried to walk!

No kidding, we sat there until after midnight just watching the kitten running around! :meow:

Loving the Gaga pictures!

What's that pink animal thing BTW?

I'm listening to Paparazi right now! LAWL!

BTW A.Clay, thanks for the link but Jewel's hair and skin annoy me!

I've never actually seen her but either her hair is died without stylist consentor her skin is overtanned/fake.

Her voice is trange. Good but I'm not sure if I like it...

I LOVE Rezzy's mo though! :punk: