Burlesque, pin up, showgirl, Cabaret and vaudeville Thread

Lolliepop_girl

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Found an interview of Russell Brand (my latest obsession) interviewing Dita Von Teese. She does not sound anything like I thought she would. For starters, I didn't know she was American, but there you go! She's promoting her book....

Thanks for all the gorgeous Scarlett pics! I also think Keira is stunning, so thanks for those. And I'm actually impressed with the Courtney Love pics. She doesn't look half bad in some of them, whereas often she looks like she's just been dragged through a hedge backwards with Robert Smith doing her makeup.

Found an interview of Russell Brand (my latest obsession) interviewing Dita Von Teese. She does not sound anything like I thought she would. For starters, I didn't know she was American, but there you go! She's promoting her book....

Yeah I know, she doesn't look how she sounds does she?

I knew she was American but I thought she'd have a kind of.. IDK, maybe her voice would be a bit lower or something :wink2:

While we're watching videos, have a look at Betty Boop in action :wink2:

• 2 weeks later...
But, he will bring it to NZ!! He'd better :sneaky2:

I hate this country and it's stupid in-the-middle-of-nowhere-ness!

When I get the chance, I'm moving away!

FAAAR away!

Somewhere like UK, Europe, US or maybe even Aussie but ANYWHERE!

I know Mika says he'd "like" to visit NZ but I'm sick of artists going to Aussie and not here or coming here and only going to Auckland!

This year alone I've missed out on going to Coldplay and Duffy and obviously I'm going to miss out on MGMT, Pussycat Dolls/Lady Gaga and whomever else is coming here!

MGMT! :crybaby:

THREE CONCERTS!

ALL in Auckland!

On a lighter note, at least Mika has good taste :wink2:

OMG!

NO FAIR!

GUESS WHO ELSE IS THERE?

THE MOTHER OF MODERN DAY BURLESQUE.

DITA VON TEESE!

Every person, every THING I have every wanted and dreamed of seeing, doing and meeting is in one place and I'm on the other side of the world, watching people's accounts of it happen.

Sorry, being a drama queen but this IS a thread for divas! :mf_rosetinted:

Ok, here's the last thing.

Who else was there?

With Perez and Dita?

Ava Garter! :wub2:

Ava Garter is a burlesque artist and model who has trained with Dita Von Teese and others.

I have had the pleasure and privledge to speak to her via email and myspace. She's the most lovely woman and really kind and generous with her time and she helped me a LOT with a school project I had late last year for english.

I suggest you check her out if you don't know her :punk:

EDIT: Just got news!

That it WAS Ava Garter on stage doing the burlesque show as the opening!

AAAH! *is REALLY jealous* :roftl:

Edited by Lolliepop_girl

Yeah, I had that thought last night but then I said to myself "Stop that Lyonesse, there is no way in hell that he would read my humble little thread!" :naughty:

Would be cool if he did though :wub2:

I'll bet it just did!

afa01ab3.jpg

I'll bet it just did!

afa01ab3.jpg

And you know what I feel completely smug about?

Ava found ME!

I had a few friends on myspace and IDK how she did but she found me and requested friendship and I accepted absent mindedly thinking she was a singer or something and then I saw a bulliten with all these gorgeous pin up-y pics and found out more about her and that she was trained by Dita Von Teese who is an idol of mine.

After a while I put one of her banners on my myspace (and it's still there as far as I know) and she sent me a comment to thank me!

I also asked if she might help me answer some questions for my english project because we had to do studies on a job we'd like to do.

Of course I already knew what I wanted!

I've still got her emails, she gave me such in depth answers, it was a real pleasure to talk to her because she was so lovely!

And now she's working with Mika in his secret LA show and it's like SERIOUSLY! :roftl:

If he did find out about her or doing a burlesque show from here then it's come full circle because he got me into masquerade and lingerie by putting the bal masque vid up!