a song/songs that describe how you feel right now

DarkLight

I thought itd be really interesting to start a thread where people can either post lyrics to a song that describes how they feel at this moment in time or post the link to a vid/music clip of the song. It doesn't matter if it's positive or negative or neither it just has to decribe how you feel at this moment in time

Ok I shall start with this song

Everytime by Janet Jackson

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3qHVmyFuEv8

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought itd be really interesting to start a thread where people can either post lyrics to a song that describes how they feel at this moment in time or post the link to a vid/music clip of the song. It doesn't matter if it's positive or negative or neither it just has to decribe how you feel at this moment in time

Ok I shall start with this song

Everytime by Janet Jackson

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3qHVmyFuEv8

Ok this is mine.This is what I feel when I realise that I'm 35 and still feel 20 and miss my youth. i don't know if thats the meaning of this song but that is how I see the lyrics and the feeling I get from the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNbI8gAT7mg&feature=related

Edited by Moonlightchild
forgot the link. hihi

Ok this is mine.This is what I feel when I realise that I'm 35 and still feel 20 and miss my youth. i don't know if thats the meaning of this song but that is how I see the lyrics and the feeling I get from the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNbI8gAT7mg&feature=related

Oh I totally get what you mean I get that from that song too

ahh who is that? he seems good:punk:

I didn't watch the videos, but these are the songs:

Bif Naked - Abandonment

Red House Painters - Katy Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxIFgW0DJig

The first is the most accurate represenation of how I feel, but I don't have that much energy right now. The second one is how I feel would sound if I could write a melody to express the lack of energy along with the rest.

Nobody has done anything to make feel this way. I didn't get dumped or left behind. I'm just feeling disconnected because all of the people I know live a million miles away and I only get to see my friends one or two weekends out of the year.

People local to me have never liked me. I hear the word "freak" whispered more often than they think I do. It doesn't hurt my feelings because I'm happy being who I am. I just get lonely sometimes...often.

Talking with people online is nice, but it isn't the same as being able to see someone's face or hear a person's voice. It can't compare to being hugged or just being physically close to someone.

I'm good at coping with isolation because I have lived with it my whole life, except for those years in university and a couple of years at the end of my 20's. Still, there are days when I suck at coping and I just wish I didn't have to cope all of the time.

Obviously, I'm working towards a more permanent solution to the problem, but it takes time to gather resources and make things happen.

It takes an insane amount of patience and stubbornness to avoid things that diminish resources for the sake of quick relief. I understand the appeal of alcohol and drugs. I understand the desire to kill time in pointless ways to avoid feeling. I totally get it and I choose not to do those things because I know that they are traps. This is hard. Finding a way out of a trap would be harder.

I enjoy alcohol when I have it, but I know better than to seek it out when I'm feeling like I want to feel different than I do. A drink for its own sake is a fine thing. A drink to feel different is a slippery slope.

I'm not depressed. Just lonely. I've been both and I know the difference. If I get depressed, I know where to go for help.

man I know exactly how you feel I myself am so extremelly lonely my only friends at the moment are either people i met online or people who are now so far away i can only chat to them via email (phoning is too expensive for me at the moment)

I honestly can't remember the last time I was actually hugged & that is so sad :(

I come from a broken family so I don't even get no hugs from family it feels so horrid being totally alone its so depressing especially when you're going through a terrible time like me & you have no one to tell you everythings gonna be alright

going through heartbreak, illness, disability & nervous breakdown totally 100% on your own is a sad thing indeed

I manage to survive though somehow!

I hope you find some good friends & things go well for you & you don't feel so alone :huglove:

Edited by DarkLight
typos

Kate Nash - Pumpkin Soup

Not the whole song but these words... gosh they fit:

You're chatting to me, like we connect

But I don't even know if we're still friends

It's so confusing,

Understanding you is making me not want to do

The things that I know I should do

But I trip fast and then I lose and

I hate looking like a fool

Oh I totally get what you mean I get that from that song too

Did you know this song before? Its from my country and I live in Belgium.

That country is so small. So It's rare that some music of our artist get out in the world.

That's the reason i would like to know actually

I didn't watch the videos, but these are the songs:

Bif Naked - Abandonment

Red House Painters - Katy Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxIFgW0DJig

The first is the most accurate represenation of how I feel, but I don't have that much energy right now. The second one is how I feel would sound if I could write a melody to express the lack of energy along with the rest.

Nobody has done anything to make feel this way. I didn't get dumped or left behind. I'm just feeling disconnected because all of the people I know live a million miles away and I only get to see my friends one or two weekends out of the year.

People local to me have never liked me. I hear the word "freak" whispered more often than they think I do. It doesn't hurt my feelings because I'm happy being who I am. I just get lonely sometimes...often.

Talking with people online is nice, but it isn't the same as being able to see someone's face or hear a person's voice. It can't compare to being hugged or just being physically close to someone.

I'm good at coping with isolation because I have lived with it my whole life, except for those years in university and a couple of years at the end of my 20's. Still, there are days when I suck at coping and I just wish I didn't have to cope all of the time.

Obviously, I'm working towards a more permanent solution to the problem, but it takes time to gather resources and make things happen.

It takes an insane amount of patience and stubbornness to avoid things that diminish resources for the sake of quick relief. I understand the appeal of alcohol and drugs. I understand the desire to kill time in pointless ways to avoid feeling. I totally get it and I choose not to do those things because I know that they are traps. This is hard. Finding a way out of a trap would be harder.

I enjoy alcohol when I have it, but I know better than to seek it out when I'm feeling like I want to feel different than I do. A drink for its own sake is a fine thing. A drink to feel different is a slippery slope.

I'm not depressed. Just lonely. I've been both and I know the difference. If I get depressed, I know where to go for help.

man I know exactly how you feel I myself am so extremelly lonely my only friends at the moment are either people i met online or people who are now so far away i can only chat to them via email (phoning is too expensive for me at the moment)

I honestly can't remember the last time I was actually hugged & that is so sad :(

I come from a broken family so I don't even get no hugs from family it feels so horrid being totally alone its so depressing especially when you're going through a terrible time like me & you have no one to tell you everythings gonna be alright

going through heartbreak, illness, disability & nervous breakdown totally 100% on your own is a sad thing indeed

I manage to survive though somehow!

I hope you find some good friends & things go well for you & you don't feel so alone :huglove:

I'm so sorry for both of you.

I can understand your feelings.

because of some disease I've got a few years back,I didn't had any energy left.

understanding conversations was so hard for me and when someone told me something important,I couldn't remember it. a lot of people got irritated but it wasn't my fault.

I lost my job and a lot of friends at that time and also myself,i guess.

Luckily I had a few good friends who didn't left me but I really felt abandoned.

I know it's not totaly like both of you but I know the feeling a bit.

At this moment my life is good again and I have found new friends again.

I wish you the same.

Did you know this song before? Its from my country and I live in Belgium.

That country is so small. So It's rare that some music of our artist get out in the world.

That's the reason i would like to know actually

I'm so sorry for both of you.

I can understand your feelings.

because of some disease I've got a few years back,I didn't had any energy left.

understanding conversations was so hard for me and when someone told me something important,I couldn't remember it. a lot of people got irritated but it wasn't my fault.

I lost my job and a lot of friends at that time and also myself,i guess.

Luckily I had a few good friends who didn't left me but I really felt abandoned.

I know it's not totaly like both of you but I know the feeling a bit.

At this moment my life is good again and I have found new friends again.

I wish you the same.

No i'd never heared that song before til you showed me it i'd never heared of them it's an ok song though

aww that sounds bad what you went through i hope you're better now & don't end up like that again

I myself went through a serious illness a fw years back & had no energy in fact I was bed ridden for 18 & a half weeks it was horrible, so I can kinda understand where you're coming from

No i'd never heared that song before til you showed me it i'd never heared of them it's an ok song though

aww that sounds bad what you went through i hope you're better now & don't end up like that again

I myself went through a serious illness a fw years back & had no energy in fact I was bed ridden for 18 & a half weeks it was horrible, so I can kinda understand where you're coming from

Thank you DarkLicht,

I'm better now but I still have this disease,probely for my whole life.

Only I have it more under control now and I feel much better.

the period the disease was the worst lasted more than one year.it was terible.

Maybe you've heard about it,"Chronic Fatigue Syndrome"

Thank you DarkLicht,

I'm better now but I still have this disease,probely for my whole life.

Only I have it more under control now and I feel much better.

the period the disease was the worst lasted more than one year.it was terible.

Maybe you've heard about it,"Chronic Fatigue Syndrome"

oh yes indeed I actually know someone who has it, it's terrible isn't it:boxed:

well I hope it never gets as bad as that again :huglove: it's not nice having to suffer something like that :thumbdown:

Can't make up my mind, about the boy,

sometimes he brings me down, sometimes he brings me joy,

I want him around, but he's never in town.

Can't make up my mind about the boy.

But I love him even though my friends say he's not right,

I know it's true but can't deny his on my mind.

oh yes indeed I actually know someone who has it, it's terrible isn't it:boxed:

well I hope it never gets as bad as that again :huglove: it's not nice having to suffer something like that :thumbdown:

Thank you

Oh I forgot all about that song.

That's been a very long time I've heard that.

• 4 weeks later...