Empire of the Sun!

tauruslady

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I saw their vid on MTV, the first thing I thought was "Adam Ant much?"

Not music wise, but looks/style wise.. Can't believe nobody commented on that yet.

Maybe I'm the only one to make that connection.. or it just shows I'm old that you don't know who Adam Ant is. :naughty:

Not music wise, but looks/style wise.. Can't believe nobody commented on that yet.

Maybe I'm the only one to make that connection.. or it just shows I'm old that you don't know who Adam Ant is. :naughty:

I know who Adam Ant is, and I'm 14 and 11 months:naughty:

Hmm..I don't really see the connection..is it the face paint and the jacket of Nick Littlemore (whenever he's wearing one)?

:aah: I completely see what you mean! I never thought of that though, but you're right, definintly Adam Anty looking.

For everyone's viewing pleasure:

Standing on the shore:

standing.jpg

The world:

theworld.jpg

Tiger by my side:

tiger.jpg

no I don't have the album..I think its coming here in april 2009...so soon! I hope I can get it

and then a tour! I hope they come here

can I come and live in the empire too?...

I'm going to skip around all day and listen to their music there....

btw the pictures are so pretty

Aren't they magical...:wub2:

And yeah the pictures, I really am in love with them:mf_lustslow:

Oh haha, I was on the bus one day and Walking on a Dream came on the radio, and I said to my friend "Oh I like this song" during the chorus - the high bit, and she went "Oh is that Mika?"

:lmfao: haha, really? Mika?! Does she think all high voices are Mika? lol

Some more deliciousness;

Swordfish Hotkiss Night:

shkn.jpg

Without You:

withoutyou.jpg

Each song has a picture:wub2:

These kind of pictures are not good for my health, way too gorgeous.:blush-anim-cl:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I miss this thread.

_45214157_5705241b-5ffb-4182-8e98-0852a8251e2d.jpg

Empire%20Of%20The%20Sun%200908h.jpg

:wub2:

Did anyone else see Calvin Harris's tweet about "We are the People"? This is it;

"Empire of the sun We Are The People is the most beautiful record i've heard for years, it makes you want to tell everybody you love them"

:wub2:

Anyway, here's the trailer for the next video Standing on the Shore:

I can't see it being better than We are the People though.

Gaaahh! I love them.:teehee:

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
I know this is from ages ago but;

capturexps.jpg

:clap:

Has anyone seen them live yet?

I REALLY want to see them live. Love them so much!!! Walking on a dream is just a summer hit that you would want to dance to in the sunset on a warm summers evening.

• 1 year later...

Oh so there IS an EotS thread on MFC! :wub2: I've only recently started to like these guys (I obviously did not became interested because of Nick Littlemore :fisch: ), I've known them for quite a while but I haven't been very fond of Luke's voice before. It's sort of grown on me. We Are the People and Swordfish Hotkiss Night are my favourites at the moment.

As I quickly went through the thread I noticed that someone already mentioned PNAU: they're good, too. I haven't given them that much attention yet but they're certainly interesting.

• 4 months later...

New Music: Empire Of The Sun 'Ice On The Dune'

New stuff from Empire Of The Sun coming this June! Here's the trailer from the new album... Ice On The Dune!

[YOUTUBE]8WwCMP5qVIY#![/YOUTUBE]

New Music: Empire Of The Sun 'Ice On The Dune'

New stuff from Empire Of The Sun coming this June! Here's the trailer from the new album... Ice On The Dune!

[YOUTUBE]8WwCMP5qVIY#![/YOUTUBE]

Thanks for posting this here - I saw it on Facebook but forgot to actually watch the video. :aah:

What a teaser though! I'm really curious about this album, I can't wait for June. :teehee:

Thanks for posting this here - I saw it on Facebook but forgot to actually watch the video. :aah:

What a teaser though! I'm really curious about this album, I can't wait for June. :teehee:

You're welcome :wink2: the song sounds really good to me :wub2: