The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

All the acoustic shows but Paris clash awfully with my exams so I'm not going to open a single one of those threads. At least until after exams. Which is pretty hard for me. Very hard for me. So can someone who does follow the gig threads post some highlights here? A couple of the best pictures/videos (especially new songs) and any interesting things that happened - meetups, ****ups, etc? Thanks!

:fangurl:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess who has Q fever? You dooo, you dooo. *Q fever high five!*

Awwww! Pictures required!!

:naughty:

Pictures will come soon... her name is Coco (as in Coco Chanel...)

Teegs, happy you have a thpethial lamby in your nice, warm kitchen ...

She's kinda in the warm laundry... mum said she had to stay outside, but I might sneak her in at one stage...

She stole Pugsley's bed last night.. *gigglesnort*

All the acoustic shows but Paris clash awfully with my exams so I'm not going to open a single one of those threads. At least until after exams. Which is pretty hard for me. Very hard for me. So can someone who does follow the gig threads post some highlights here? A couple of the best pictures/videos (especially new songs) and any interesting things that happened - meetups, ****ups, etc? Thanks!

Will do... if I see anything...

:shocked:

Martin's back

OMFG WHAT????

MARTIN'S BACK???

:fangurl:

Yeah, I'm a wee bit excited... that means he might come back to Oz with Meeks...

Band ft Martin

xo8.jpg

:jawdrop:

:fangurl::das:

:lmfao:

Bruno landed on Eminem, and there's a shot of ZQ finding it quite amusing... :naughty:

Funny how almost everyone else thought it amusing except for Eminem... :naughty::teehee:

EDIT: And it's odd how people think the setlist for the acoustic gigs is short... we had about 12 songs...

Edited by nico_collard

I just came back from the grandparents place... we were out there cleaning up the yard...

We also went to check on the lambs... we found 2 dead ones, and two were barely alive... one died about 1/2 hr after we found it, the other one is still alive as far as I know (though it'll probably die soon)...

None of us could bear to put the poor thing out of it's misery...

:ters:

Waaaauuuuggghhh...:crybaby:

:shocked

Martin's back

ZOMG YAAAAEE!!! :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Now we just need to get Lukie back :sneaky2::tears:

I've been stuck in the 7000's for a hella long time...:annoyed_h4h: I'm going to aim for getting to 8000 by the end of June. So expect spamming. :thumb_yello:

But it is intriguing, exciting, and will take you through the thrills, spills and general excitement of my weekend!

This may be slightly inappropriate, I can edit it if you like :naughty: Is there anything I missed out?

Why should you come to Perth? Well … if you don’t come to Western Australia you’ve only been to half the country. End of discussion.

Also, Perth is like, a totally interesting city. We have lots of landmarks and stuff! I guess it’s well known for its striking skyline, a modest five or so ten-storey buildings* that we like to call ‘skyscrapers’ (our sky is pretty low, I guess). The great thing about Perth is that you can walk from one end of the city to the other in under 10 minutes - no nasty taxis or public transport necessary! And it completely dies around 11pm, nice and safe after a gig!

We tried to make a few interesting monuments especially for foreigners like you. There’s the highly historical Swan Bells – built way back in … uh, 2000. Next to the bell tower we added something special just for you this January; it’s a miniature London Eye-type ferris wheel! Aww, we thought it’d make you feel at home when you visit, just don’t try to put your car in it, you might break it :(

We have lots of unique animals that you can see and you can even pat some of them if you like. Right from the city you can see some of our funky black swans, they’re our state emblem. They’re like normal swans, but black. You can take a ferry to Rottnest Island just off Fremantle, where you can meet some quokkas. They’re like really little wallaby/kangaroo things, some (stupid) people think they look like rats – the island got its name from a (stupid) Dutch explorer who thought the island was rat infested and decided to get the crap out of there. There is some nice snorkelling there too, for people who don’t hate fish.

I may be biased, but WA has some of the best nature-y things in Australia(/the world), if you’re into driving a few thousand kilometres you can see Australia’s best beaches** in Esperance, or swim with whale sharks at Ningaloo (they’re fish, but they kind of look like whales, you could pretend). You can see lots of dolphins, dugongs, and turtles in Monkey Mia, or some pointy rocks in the middle of nowhere around Cervantes. I could go on, but I’m not trying to get you to move here, we’d settle for concerts!

Perth may be the most isolated city in the world***, but we sure like live music, I think it’s something to do with the money we make from pulling stuff out of the ground, and also because we’re awesome. So if you’ll take the (well worth it) flight across, there’s lots of choice for music venues - if you’re going for a nice 2,000-and-something capacity, I think the Capitol is great, the Fly By in Fremantle isn’t bad (and it has awesome prop-like décor), or Metro City is worth a visit. But if you want to go all out there’s the Challenge Stadium or Burswood Dome. So what are you waiting for – get your butt over here!

* possible exaggeration

** according to me

*** according to wikipedia

OKD, that was brilliant! I think that pretty much sums up Perth. Oh and I read "highly hysterical Swan Bells" and had to re-read it.:roftl:

Awwwwww...

that's cute...

Still can't think of a name though... Mum wanted a name meaning sheep like, and I found one... Merona...

Rachel means little lamb. I think.

Band ft Martin

xo8.jpg

:shocked:

EDIT: And it's odd how people think the setlist for the acoustic gigs is short... we had about 12 songs...

Yeah, I've always thought 12 songs IS an acoustic gig. :doh:

So no Martin next week on Friday? :shocked:

:sneaky2: bloody pains in the asses

I've been stuck in the 7000's for a hella long time...: annoyed_h4h: I'm going to aim for getting to 8000 by the end of June. So expect spamming. : thumb_yello:

'bout time :teehee: I'm surprised though, considering all your PPR posting.

So no Martin next week on Friday? :shocked:

Doesn't look like it... but on the off chance he is, you still have permisshun to harass him for me :biggrin2:

OKD, that was brilliant! I think that pretty much sums up Perth. Oh and I read "highly hysterical Swan Bells" and had to re-read it.:roftl:

Rachel means little lamb. I think.

Yeah, I think it does... Mum ended up going with a different name to what I suggested...

Yeah, I've always thought 12 songs IS an acoustic gig. :doh:

I thought 12 songs was quite alright for a concert... obviously I have low expectations for the amount of songs he should be playing :naughty:

Besides, Mika doing about 12 songs sounds about right to me in his career... he's only got one and a half albums released... though I would've thought he'd do a few covers...

:naughty: In that picture the blonde guy (I'm not sure of his name) looks kind of like Carson Kressley from 'Queer Eye for the Straight Guy'.

*gigglesnort*

He kinda does... wonder if he asks for as much money as Carson does for an appearance...

Hello All ! :huglove::bye:

GREAT NEWS ABOUT MARTIN !!! He is a really good guitar player !!! :biggrin2:

Good luck with your post count Rosie ! :thumb_yello:

Mods are gonna be down a few hands during this gig period ... so if you guys happen to notice smth. really dodgy posted that I may have missed ... :boxed: ... please feel free to PM me ... :wub2::wink2:

Thanks Silver :biggrin2:

Blah, my internet is really slow because I'm uploading to youtube, but even little jumpy snippets of Happy Ending make me kind of excited. New gigs turn me into such a fangirl :naughty:

About the 12 song thing - (okay, not really, but anyway) - I've always been confused by Mika's definition of acoustic, what IS his definition of acoustic, does anyone care to explain? I always thought acoustic meant with only acoustic guitars or a piano, rather than electric guitars/drums/bass, but Mika's acoustic gigs have all of those :dunno:

Pictures will come soon... her name is Coco (as in Coco Chanel...)

She stole Pugsley's bed last night.. *gigglesnort*

As in Coco, my sheep? :naughty:

Awwwwwww!

OKD, that was brilliant! I think that pretty much sums up Perth. Oh and I read "highly hysterical Swan Bells" and had to re-read it.

They were a little bit hysterical when they were put up :naughty:

It's my birthday in one week from today!

In that picture the blonde guy (I'm not sure of his name) looks kind of like Carson Kressley from 'Queer Eye for the Straight Guy'.

Yay! :groovy: Are you doing anythign exciting? Are you inviting :das:?

I AGREE!

Is that guy in some of the pictures on that blog the soprano guy from Koko? Alex Miller or something? Did he play Over my Shoulder? What was the setlist? Oh my gosh people! :naughty: Also, can I have a link to Mana's reviews, she is going to be at a few shows, right?

If anyone wants to see some REAL acoustic performances, looksie here: http://www.youtube.com/biance89

And that vaguely reminds me - because I know no one will read my review on AMF - Bob Evans played his cover of Lily Allen's Not Fair in his encore, and also with the entire band/support they sung afternoon delight. It was awesome. It was an awesome show - go and read my review, slags.

Hello everyone!

It's my birthday in one week from today! :groovy :

Ohh! We'll need reminding of course. Any special plans?

: naughty: In that picture the blonde guy (I'm not sure of his name) looks kind of like Carson Kressley from 'Queer Eye for the Straight Guy'.

:roftl:

I thought 12 songs was quite alright for a concert... obviously I have low expectations for the amount of songs he should be playing : naughty:

Besides, Mika doing about 12 songs sounds about right to me in his career... he's only got one and a half albums released... though I would've thought he'd do a few covers...

I think for the price and the fact it's Mika it's a pretty good deal :blink:

But, another reason why I wouldn't bother flying for it.

Though, if it was a 3 hour concert. :teehee:

Hello All ! :huglovebye:

GREAT NEWS ABOUT MARTIN !!! He is a really good guitar player !!! : biggrin2:

Good luck with your post count Rosie ! : thumb_yello:

Mods are gonna be down a few hands during this gig period ... so if you guys happen to notice smth. really dodgy posted that I may have missed ... : boxed: ... please feel free to PM me ... :wub2wink2:

Hello HK!!!

'tis good news! Though I'd have liked to have had him here for lilzy. :aah:

Will keep an eye out :thumb_yello:

About the 12 song thing - (okay, not really, but anyway) - I've always been confused by Mika's definition of acoustic, what IS his definition of acoustic, does anyone care to explain? I always thought acoustic meant with only acoustic guitars or a piano, rather than electric guitars/drums/bass, but Mika's acoustic gigs have all of those :dunno :

Mika's version of acoustic is when he doesn't need 20 trucks per gig to transport all his sh!t to the venue. Though, certain songs seem more acoustic now to me. I thought BigGirl now compared to BigGirl back then sounded different.. :teehee:

Is that guy in some of the pictures on that blog the soprano guy from Koko? Alex Miller or something? Did he play Over my Shoulder? What was the setlist? Oh my gosh people! :naughty : Also, can I have a link to Mana's reviews, she is going to be at a few shows, right?

Yeah, his name is Alexander Miller and was the second person I thought of when I read those names. And, best to follow Mana on Twitter and read there. From what I've heard/read/assumed she'll be doing her full gig report when she gets back home. I think.

And that vaguely reminds me - because I know no one will read my review on AMF - Bob Evans played his cover of Lily Allen's Not Fair in his encore, and also with the entire band/support they sung afternoon delight. It was awesome. It was an awesome show - go and read my review, slags.

I read some of it. But, there was way too much for me to read and keep focused on.. But, I did watch the cover of Not Fair. :thumb_yello:

Yay! :groovy: Are you doing anythign exciting? Are you inviting :das:?

Umm, I might just have a few friends sleepover/watch movies/eat junk food. Either that or just go see a movie at the cinema.

No, I am not inviting :das: to my intimate sleepover for close friends. :naughty:

Ohh! We'll need reminding of course. Any special plans?

:roftl: Don't worry, I'm sure I won't forget to remind you.

Umm yeah, see above. :naughty:

I'm getting The Sims 3! And the Deb is on the 13th (the Saturday after my Birthday), which is going to be great. This is going to be a good week and a bit. :groovy:

Edited by sweet-dreams

Umm, I might just have a few friends sleepover/watch movies/eat junk food. Either that or just go see a movie at the cinema.

No, I am not inviting :das: to my intimate sleepover for close friends. :naughty :

:roftl : Don't worry, I'm sure I won't forget to remind you.

Umm yeah, see above. :naughty:

I'm getting The Sims 3! And the Deb is on the 13th (the Saturday after my Birthday), which is going to be great. This is going to be a good week and a bit. :groovy:

YAY SD !!! Sounds great !! :biggrin2:

Hhmmm ...I remember around your B'day last year ... I managed to lure you back here to us !! :das:

Happy about that ?? :wink2::wub2:

Ohh! Sounds great. Make sure :das: knows it's your birthday.. :das:

And, for OkD

Set list

Lady Jane

Grace Kelly

SITM

Blue Eyes

Toy Boy

Billy Brown

Happy Ending

Over My Shoulder

Good Girl Gone

Blame it on the Girl

Lollipop

Rain

Love Today

Grace Kelly

Hello HK!!!

'tis good news! Though I'd have liked to have had him here for lilzy. :aah:

Will keep an eye out :thumb_yello:

Yes ... big shame about you guys not having Martin for Lilzy ... :sad:

And thanks Kelz ... we'll need it ... :aah: .... :wub2::thumb_yello:

Mika's version of acoustic is when he doesn't need 20 trucks per gig to transport all his sh!t to the venue. Though, certain songs seem more acoustic now to me. I thought BigGirl now compared to BigGirl back then sounded different..

Yeah, his name is Alexander Miller and was the second person I thought of when I read those names. And, best to follow Mana on Twitter and read there. From what I've heard/read/assumed she'll be doing her full gig report when she gets back home. I think.

I read some of it. But, there was way too much for me to read and keep focused on.. But, I did watch the cover of Not Fair.

Ah, right I see now :blink:

Aww, slack. Yeah I am, that's how I knew she was in europe :naughty:

And it was great, right?

No, I am not inviting :das: to my intimate sleepover for close friends.

I'm getting The Sims 3! And the Deb is on the 13th (the Saturday after my Birthday), which is going to be great. This is going to be a good week and a bit.

Aww, okay :biggrin2: Psht! Poor :das: will feel left out :tears:

Ooooh!

Hhmmm ...I remember around your B'day last year ... I managed to lure you back here to us !!

Oh my gosh, as it been a year since that time when SD dissapeared and then came back? What the crap, where did my life go? :naughty:

And, for OkD

Set list

Lady Jane

Grace Kelly

SITM

Blue Eyes

Toy Boy

Billy Brown

Happy Ending

Over My Shoulder

Good Girl Gone

Blame it on the Girl

Lollipop

Rain

Love Today

Grace Kelly

Thankies! Seems like the same as LA but with Over My Shoulder.