The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

I have absolutely no energy for MQing :naughty:

So, I'll just jump up and down for Teegs :boing:

And a :biggrin2: for OkD getting a house

And :tears: for Rosie but she'll be bacK.

And, a general wtf :boxed: at how crap MFC has gotten recently.

Oh, and a little :das: at near naked Mika..

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have absolutely no energy for MQing :naughty:

So, I'll just jump up and down for Teegs :boing:

And a :biggrin2: for OkD getting a house

And :tears: for Rosie but she'll be bacK.

And, a general wtf :boxed: at how crap MFC has gotten recently.

Oh, and a little :das: at near naked Mika..

I love your summaries :lol3:

Welcome back :huglove:

Someone must have turned off our chest freezer and it defrosted, so we went through it just then, throwing out heaps of food and cooking up anything that is still safe to cook. Lucky it was the chest and not the other freezer which has most of our meat, but we still have a roast beef, chicken fillets (made into a pasta), hamburgers and chicken wings cooking. If we all get food poisioning tomorrow its not my fault :teehee:

I love your summaries :lol3:

Welcome back :huglove:

:naughty: Thank ye.. I'm uploading the pics of you invading things *zhhz*

Someone must have turned off our chest freezer and it defrosted, so we went through it just then, throwing out heaps of food and cooking up anything that is still safe to cook. Lucky it was the chest and not the other freezer which has most of our meat, but we still have a roast beef, chicken fillets (made into a pasta), hamburgers and chicken wings cooking. If we all get food poisioning tomorrow its not my fault :teehee:

:teehee: Hope you're hungry

Also, since OkD wanted a recap of the openness thread.. Basically, imo. it goes like this:

For the last 2+ years Mods/Admin have always claimed to be upfront to us about whether or not they get perks whenever someone has suggested that they get them.

They were offered free tickets to which ever acoustic concert they were going to, and then were invited to a small function after the sadlers wells concert, in which we've been told they basically just sat in a corner while Mika worked the room full of music industry bigwigs etc etc.. They never mentioned this in any of their reports, so, now that they get perks it's become clear they no longer want to be upfront about it to us.

I also assume it's possible that the private function could have had the new album playing. So, those there could have heard it. This could be denied.. But many, including myself, really are not sure what to believe from them anymore since they don't feel like we deserve to know the truth about anything of what goes on.

You really do need to read through some of it to understand it.

Also, since OkD wanted a recap of the openness thread.. Basically, imo. it goes like this:

For the last 2+ years Mods/Admin have always claimed to be upfront to us about whether or not they get perks whenever someone has suggested that they get them.

They were offered free tickets to which ever acoustic concert they were going to, and then were invited to a small function after the sadlers wells concert, in which we've been told they basically just sat in a corner while Mika worked the room full of music industry bigwigs etc etc.. They never mentioned this in any of their reports, so, now that they get perks it's become clear they no longer want to be upfront about it to us.

I also assume it's possible that the private function could have had the new album playing. So, those there could have heard it. This could be denied.. But many, including myself, really are not sure what to believe from them anymore since they don't feel like we deserve to know the truth about anything of what goes on.

You really do need to read through some of it to understand it.

I dont have time :crybaby:

I'm actually working for uni and I need to email & PM back a lot of people but I came here because people here are always nice :wub2:.

Bianca - awesomness!!!!! *insert incredibly high :boing:*!

Tegan - :toot:!!!

Kelzy - yes, exactly! I'm sure this party-thing was definitely a showcase where the album was played :mad3:. I was wondering if this all had also a BIT to do with the fact that there are so many people 'knowing' things that nobody is supposed to know and that those knowers (if that's English) are trying to keep things to themselves - ok, thats not the right way of putting it. It is of course ok to keep things to yourself but I was wondering if this whole openness-thing had something to do with this self-claimed (English?) inner circle (?) of the MFC. I don't want to start with name-dropping here but basically everyone that was invited to this "secret" MFC-meet-up one day before the last Christmas-party. People in this circle (I'm just going to call it like this now) 'know' things that the average MFCer (we, the filthy rest) is never ever allowed to know.

(stuff like Mika's IP address and relationships with (to?) certain people or making tours around his house in London or whatever :smth: )

Edited by Petra

:floor: Licing rooms? Does the landlord provide the lice?:wink2:

Yep, they came for free :thumb_yello: Basically, if you require licing then you go in one of those rooms and just roll around in there until you are sufficiently liced. Similar to a glitter room, but with lice and not glitter. And you end up more itchy than happy.

They are usually pretty strict about no holes/marks on walls. So what you do is get a free-standing screen and put this as close to the wall as possible, and pin all your posters to that

And you can probably get away with posters on the door if you use Blu-tack (which is probably called something completely different in Australia).

Hmm, that would suck. but it's better than no posters I guess. No, it's called blu-tac here too :naughty:

Also, since OkD wanted a recap of the openness thread..

Basically, it's pretty ****. The free tickets thing especially. What is that? Payment for being mods? I can see why Wendi is pissed about that. And how everyone is pissed about the general secrecy surrounding all perks. MFC sucks :naughty: As I said to Petra yesterday, MFC (and the way it's run and the way mods are chosen and the various dramas and blah blah blah) sucks, and I'm long over the continual dramas and unfairness and am perfectly happy to just ignore everything that goes on outside the aussie thread, as long as it doesn't affect the aussie thread. Which annoyingly this does, as it has caused Wendi to leave :tears:

It is of course ok to keep things to yourself but I was wondering if this whole openness-thing had something to do with this self-claimed (English?) inner circle (?) of the MFC. I don't want to start with name-dropping here but basically everyone that was invited to this "secret" MFC-meet-up one day before the last Christmas-party. People in this circle (I'm just going to call it like this now) 'know' things that the average MFCer (we, the filthy rest) is never ever allowed to know.

Except the you were actually invited to that said party :naughty:

Just posting to say I am still around even if I am not posting (except for now when I am actually making the effort to post :naughty:)

Teegs- glad to see you back on here, hope you are feeling heaps better..

Basically, it's pretty ****. The free tickets thing especially. What is that? Payment for being mods? I can see why Wendi is pissed about that. And how everyone is pissed about the general secrecy surrounding all perks. MFC sucks :naug hty: As I said to Petra yesterday, MFC (and the way it's run and the way mods are chosen and the various dramas and blah blah blah) sucks, and I'm long over the continual dramas and unfairness and am perfectly happy to just ignore everything that goes on outside the aussie thread, as long as it doesn't affect the aussie thread. Which annoyingly this does, as it has caused Wendi to leave :tea rs:

Exactly exactly exactly.

Ok, getting guestlist tickets is not really a deal and ok for those that actually work(ed) in the business or whatever (ahem) - but offering them for free just like this to a selection of people... I think it's unfair. MFCers have become moderators because they volunteered and it IS a volunteery thing to do and not a job or whatever and waaah, I don't know how to put it into words. It's not fair. And it's NOT fair to NOT SAY A ****ING THING. That is the part that sucks most and I want to punch those people in their pretty faces :pinkbow:. (Apologies.)

But - yes, Bianca is right. I also don't care and I learnt that it's the best thing to really ignore it all and give a **** for it. My interest in Mika has decreased a tiny little bit (I admit it) and I'm also really just waiting for the album now to increase my fan-ness again. Not caring and ignoring is the best thing to do. Ugh, :lmfao:, the last time I was involved in some stupid discussions (it was about people having IP-tracking stuff to find out Mika's IP-address :doh:) I got a long PM from Jack Violet telling me, in her special way, to pretty please stfu :dunno:. It's much more healthy not to care :dunno:.

Except the you were actually invited to that said party :nau ghty:

Yes, but I was only invited because I had already been told 'far too much' before by certain people. And then I didnt go because it was suddenly realised that they were "Petra, we will be talking!" and then uninvited my flat-mate (who is also an MFCer but was '"not supposed to know the things they were going to talk about") (haha, honestly - I have been living with her for over 6 months - does anyone really think that I did not share every tiny bit I knew with her ?! :dunno:). So I said I wouldnt go as well :shun:. And now they are actually not talking to me anymore :dunno:. They just kept on talking to me while I was in London because I was working in an interesting place where people threw around info which was of interest for some :dunno:.

Get online right now petra what are you doing!!!!!!!!???????

MFC WHY DO YOU REMOVE MY CAPITALS WHEN CAPITALS ARE REQUIRED! a

Tricky :naughty:

Just posting to say I am still around even if I am not posting (except for now when I am actually making the effort to post :naughty:)

Teegs- glad to see you back on here, hope you are feeling heaps better..

:bye:! Hello!

and I'm long over the continual dramas and unfairness and am perfectly happy to just ignore everything that goes on outside the aussie thread, as long as it doesn't affect the aussie thread. Which annoyingly this does, as it has caused Wendi to leave :tears:

:naughty: Probably the best approach, OKD.

Kelzy - yes, exactly! I'm sure this party-thing was definitely a showcase where the album was played :mad3:

For what it's worth, I don't think the album would have been played at the party. Far too easy for someone to have recorded it and leaked it.

For what it's worth, I don't think the album would have been played at the party. Far too easy for someone to have recorded it and leaked it.

Hm, maybe, but the thing as that these showcases are very normal - industry bigwigs coming along, the artist (whom they probably hardly know) playing their newest record (or parts of it)... oh my, no idea :dunno:. I just know that this is done but no idea if it was the case here. :dunno: One day we'll know :dunno: and if not we'll survive it :naughty:.

And I just thought I'd share the following :naughty: (no idea if you can see it though):

5771_1177839679844_1043682074_565769_2931713_n.jpg

(it's Lady Gaga, not me)

Edited by Petra

We'll never know.. :shun::naughty:

Anyway, I'm back to unsubscribing from many threads.. I'm just hanging here. Oh, and Wendi is on AMF so we'll have to get her to log in over there where there are no perks. :wink2:

I swear on the country of Australia that there was no Mika-music played at this event, at least not while any mods were there. There were no journalists there, as far as I could tell, thus no reason to play the new music. It certainly wasn't an event like I imagine these press junket showcases have gone, where the media are invited there specifically to hear the album.

*waits*

You all didn't sink into the ocean at that comment, did you? See, I'm being honest! :roftl:

Really guys, I'm sorry so many people think there's a conspiracy happening among mods, because that's just not the case. Basically, I didn't tell MFC because I didn't want to piss off MFCers by appearing to be bragging, and I didn't want to piss off Mika's managers by yammering on the internet about a private event.

It certainly wasn't a case of me thinking, "mwahaha, those lowly MFC-peons don't deserve to know sh*t. Suckahs!!!" :naughty:

So again, I say this. Got questions/concerns/gripes about MFC or how it's run? PM me. Add me on MSN. Hell, give me your number and I'll phone you, I've got free long distance to Australia. I'll do what I can to answer your questions. Of course, if any of you are convinced I'm a lying, sneaky whatever, there's not much I can do about that, sadly. :tears:

-------------------------------

Now, onto what brought me into this thread.

I was listening to British radio, and they referred to the country as "Au -strahl- yuh." And I find most Canadians pronounce it "Au-stray-ill-yuh."

So I'm curious - how do real live Aussies pronounce it? :teehee:

Edited by lollipop_monkey

I was listening to British radio, and they referred to the country as "Au -strahl- yuh." And I find most Canadians pronounce it "Au-stray-ill-yuh."

Real live Aussies...lol

In general (lazy :naughty:) conversation, we drop the 'Au' alltogether. So it sometimes becomes "Strahl-yah" or "Strayl-ya"

I pronounce it "Au-stray-lee-uh" the vast majority of the time. =]

Hi Everyone ... I'm back online :woot_jump: .. my nephew had a 41 degree temp and it was because of pneumonia at first and then was told he has glandular fever and needs to get his tonsils out... he was discharged today and is doing better but still sick ... just have to wait to see what happens next ... hope i havent missed much ... xoxox

Hi Jolene :bye:

purple.jpg

Yum!

I swear on the country of Australia that there was no Mika-music played at this event, at least not while any mods were there. There were no journalists there, as far as I could tell, thus no reason to play the new music. It certainly wasn't an event like I imagine these press junket showcases have gone, where the media are invited there specifically to hear the album.

*waits*

You all didn't sink into the ocean at that comment, did you? See, I'm being honest! :roftl:

Really guys, I'm sorry so many people think there's a conspiracy happening among mods, because that's just not the case. Basically, I didn't tell MFC because I didn't want to piss off MFCers by appearing to be bragging, and I didn't want to piss off Mika's managers by yammering on the internet about a private event.

It certainly wasn't a case of me thinking, "mwahaha, those lowly MFC-peons don't deserve to know sh*t. Suckahs!!!" :naughty:

So again, I say this. Got questions/concerns/gripes about MFC or how it's run? PM me. Add me on MSN. Hell, give me your number and I'll phone you, I've got free long distance to Australia. I'll do what I can to answer your questions. Of course, if any of you are convinced I'm a lying, sneaky whatever, there's not much I can do about that, sadly. :tears:

-------------------------------

I haven't really gotten into the whole "benefits for mods" debate (and will prob be making illinformed comments here now, but I can understand the points raised above in regards to sometimes having to keep quiet about things that go on. In my dreams I wish I had been asked to hang out with Mika after the Sydney show, and if I had been told not to mention it on here, I prob would have obeyed this request... It would have been hard not to discuss it but I would have tried really hard... :biggrin2:

Am hanging out to hear We Are Golden- and I am hoping it gets good airplay here once released. Just today I heard GK on one radio station, and then minutes later BG, so they are definately still supporting him (well, here in Perth anyway!)

Hi Everyone ... I'm back online :woot_jump: .. my nephew had a 41 degree temp and it was because of pneumonia at first and then was told he has glandular fever and needs to get his tonsils out... he was discharged today and is doing better but still sick ... just have to wait to see what happens next ... hope i havent missed much ... xoxox

Ohhh, hope he feels better soon.

Good to hear! =D

Today, I went to our LCU (local uni) for a subject expo for yr12. I did IT in the morning, and Medicine and Dentistry in the afternoon. There was 7 of us doing IT. I was clearly the nerdiest, and the current students appeared to be intrigued with me. Apparently they don't see the female specimen much in their field...lol

The afternoon session (med and dentistry) was pretty cool. Partially because one of my friends was running it, and partially because we got to visit the anatomy lab! That was, without a doubt, the highlight of the day. We got to take a look at deceased body parts! Apparently, people can opt to donate their bodies after death to research. So we all put on some highly attractive plastic aprons and gloves, and had a look at it all! I found the spinal cord quite interesting. It's actually comprised of many, smaller cords inside a thick membrane! Ah, it was awesome!

Don't mean to intrude but I just wanted to echo what Mana said. I will answer anyone's questions privately. I know Kelzy balked at my response when I said it was none of people's business, but I meant every person with an internet connection who happens to be passing by this URL, not longstanding members of MFC like Kath, Wendi or yourselves.

People questioned me about this in London when it happened and I answered them truthfully. I am not saying this after the fact because there is now pressure on the mods to fess up. I just didn't want to make a huge public spectacle of this party.

Anyhoo, feel free to contact me and Kelzy I hope to catch you on MSN.