The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got there about 5:15 (just missing out on the free ice lollies from Mika :sneaky2:)

And didn't sit down from getting off the Tube at Chalk Farm until 11:15 on the Tube again - my legs were killing me :old:

Because they have a Latz and don't sound like dungeons :dunno:. :naughty:

I should think "dungarees" is a word we've picked up from another language :naughty:

Edited by silver
As suspected - fom Hindi word - dhugri

I got there about 5:15 (just missing out on the free ice lollies from Mika :sneaky2:)

And didn't sit down from getting off the Tube at Chalk Farm until 11:15 on the Tube again - my legs were killing me :old:

Oi! Poor you!!! Ugh, I hate that! :boxed: :boxed: Where did you end up? (in the venue I mean)

Ice lollies! How nice :wub2:

I should think "dungarees" is a word we've picked up from another language :naughty:

It's definitely not German :naughty: - it sounds Australian though :naughty:

Oi! Poor you!!! Ugh, I hate that! :boxed: :boxed: Where did you end up? (in the venue I mean)

Ice lollies! How nice :wub2:

A few rows away from the front - apparently you can even see me in one of the crowd shots :blush-anim-cl:

No - it's Hindi (Indian)

:biggrin2:

I actually spoke to Mika after the gig

:swoon:

:shocked: Ohhh Lucky you!! What did you two talk about? :das:

OI!!

Actually it does a bit. Like didgeridoo, Kangaroo, barbeque etcetc :naughty:

btw.. I'm not liking them.. :teehee:

Cog + Clare Bowditch + British India + Something With Numbers + Tame Impala + Grafton Primary + Yacht Club DJs + Regular John + Girl in the Red Light + Vanessa Amorosi + The Beautiful Girls + Star Assassin + The Quarters + more.

Sound good?

Oooookay... the only one I've actually heard is Vanessa Amorosi... I've heard of Clare Bowditch, British India and Something With Numbers...

I got the impression that they were... Didn't ask them, though. I know that WoW consumes peoples' lives, though... :boxed:

---

It was quite funny. They've changed the OS image again this term... (Still Ubuntu, but a diferent version)

I'm finding myself instructing the majority as to how to make it look remotely normal...lol

---

Unfortunately, I know you'd understand. Extensive hospital visits suck. =|

Hehe... bloody computer nerds :naughty:.. one of the guys I did the computer course with last year was big on WoW... tried to talk me into playing it too...

Least you know how to use it... I've got no clue... we had to decide on a linux distribution to install on a computer alomg with Vista and XP and I was the only one to not choose Ubuntu... I chose Mandriva (only cause it was the only one I'd heard of)...

Theres a We are Golden movie making competition!?!?! How wicked! OMG, im sooooo entering it

Can't wait to see it!

And if you don't win, I'll be creating a petition for Meeks to make you the winner! :naughty:

SOMETHING WITH NUMBERS ARE GENIUS! JAKE GRIGG IS GENIUS!

Wait, so I didn't look back so who knows if Petra revealed my awful news, but I lost all three of my Something with Numbers tickets. They are just gone. Who knows where. Most likely my dad threw them away while packing my stuff. I went through every single belonging that I belong 8 times. I looked online and it appeared that Bunbury was not sold out, but Perth definitely was, not sure about Mandurah. So I decided, especially seeing as we already had backapckers booked and everything to just go to Bunbury, buy a new ticket and hope for the best. Bought new ticket ($30), went to show, show was freaking awesome, met band after show, talked to Jake, when Jake found out I lost my tickets he immediately tracked down tour manager and made sure he'd put me on the guestlist for the rest of the shows. With a plus one. I don't even need a plus one, Dani still has her tickets. Anywh, must go get ready now!

Yayness! Good thing those tickets got lost!

And I bet they'll show up now... :naughty:

The umbrella looks like a wing :naughty: He WAS wearing underwear I hope.

Nope... He's doing a Teegs and not wearing any! :das: :das:

Aww ... sweet dreams EJ ! :wub2:

Good luck & have fun with your Bonza tomorrow !! :kachinga:

Good luck :thumb_yello:

Aw, thanks guys! We did pretty well over the weekend. On Saturday (showjumping) we came 1st in Grand Prix, and 5th in both AM5 and TopScore, placing us 4th overall. Today (dressage and combined training[which is a combination of a dressage test and a jump round]), we placed 1st in our combined training dressage test, but completely bombed out in the jump round. Bonza decided the jumps were so small (40cm) that they were too scary to jump. So after three baulks, we were eliminated, placing us 6th or something overall. For the dressage, we got a 55.3% on the first test, and 60.0% on the second, placing us 8th overall. In the second test, we also received our first 8/10 for a movement! considering 7 is a pretty good mark for a movement, and I rarely see 8s, even on the best of riders tests, I was quite impressed with that. =]

My littlest sister placed 4th overall in her dressage group, which was pleasing, since it was her first comp on her new pony. =]

:biggrin2:

I actually spoke to Mika after the gig

:swoon:

Awesome! =D

I use overalls as the word not dungarees myself...I didn't even know what dungarees were :naughty:

I recognised the word, but use the term overalls more myself. =P

Least you know how to use it... I've got no clue... we had to decide on a linux distribution to install on a computer alomg with Vista and XP and I was the only one to not choose Ubuntu... I chose Mandriva (only cause it was the only one I'd heard of)...

Ubuntu isn't that difficult to use, I reckon it's just confusing at times, especially for people who've only worked with one OS all their lives. The one thing I do like about Ubuntu is the 'Force Quit' option. Add the icon to the taskbar, click it, then the misbehaving application, and it's gone! None of this waiting for it to respond crap. If I want it gone, it's gone, no questions asked. =]

Aw, thanks guys! We did pretty well over the weekend. On Saturday (showjumping) we came 1st in Grand Prix, and 5th in both AM5 and TopScore, placing us 4th overall. Today (dressage and combined training[which is a combination of a dressage test and a jump round]), we placed 1st in our combined training dressage test, but completely bombed out in the jump round. Bonza decided the jumps were so small (40cm) that they were too scary to jump. So after three baulks, we were eliminated, placing us 6th or something overall. For the dressage, we got a 55.3% on the first test, and 60.0% on the second, placing us 8th overall. In the second test, we also received our first 8/10 for a movement! considering 7 is a pretty good mark for a movement, and I rarely see 8s, even on the best of riders tests, I was quite impressed with that. =]

My littlest sister placed 4th overall in her dressage group, which was pleasing, since it was her first comp on her new pony. =]

Ubuntu isn't that difficult to use, I reckon it's just confusing at times, especially for people who've only worked with one OS all their lives. The one thing I do like about Ubuntu is the 'Force Quit' option. Add the icon to the taskbar, click it, then the misbehaving application, and it's gone! None of this waiting for it to respond crap. If I want it gone, it's gone, no questions asked. =]

Sounds like you did pretty well... I have no idea about horse stuff, so I'll just nod and smile...

Oooooh... force quit... sounds like something a jedi would use! :naughty:

I was going to load either Ubuntu or Mandriva onto my old laptop so I could experiment, I think I might use Ubuntu...

Oooooh... Petra, if you see this, can you tell me what "I am a donut" is in German? :naughty:

It's something I heard Bono say... He was in Berlin and was talking about something JFK said when he visited bBerlin.. apparently he saiid something in German and it was grammatically incorrect, so he said I am a donut in German...

Silver! Glad you had a good time (despite the sore legs). And you got to meet Mika after!!

I use overalls as the word not dungarees myself...I didn't even know what dungarees were :naughty:

I think you can take it as the consensus that Aussies say overalls. SoA has said it, Bonza has said it, themetalmunchkin has said it and it's the word I use as well. And like SoA, I didn't know what dungarees were either. I think because they have "dung" in the name, I've always pictured them being something grotty and dirty, but I didn't know what they were.

Silver! Glad you had a good time (despite the sore legs). And you got to meet Mika after!!

I think you can take it as the consensus that Aussies say overalls. SoA has said it, Bonza has said it, themetalmunchkin has said it and it's the word I use as well. And like SoA, I didn't know what dungarees were either. I think because they have "dung" in the name, I've always pictured them being something grotty and dirty, but I didn't know what they were.

I pictured gumboots or the type of boots farmers wear for that very reason.. the dung part.

hey everyone .. i'm back from the dead .. tonsilitis is pretty much over with ... the doctor told me it was bad so im just happy the antibiotics kicked in and did its thing ... not much happening here ... tried ringing JB hifi on friday and they told me i couldnt order the new mika cd so im doing it online on wednesday yay :thumb_yello::naughty: hope u all had a great weekend

Oooooh... Petra, if you see this, can you tell me what "I am a donut" is in German? :naughty:

It's something I heard Bono say... He was in Berlin and was talking about something JFK said when he visited bBerlin.. apparently he saiid something in German and it was grammatically incorrect, so he said I am a donut in German...

HAHAHAHAHAAA!!! :lmfao:!! How cool is that man?!? :roftl:

Easy :pinkbow:

JFK said "Ich bin ein Berliner" which equals the English "I am a Berliner."

JFK didn't make a grammatical mistake in THAT sentence - I'm not sure about the rest he said on that day though :naughty:. It's actually just a pun because a "Berliner" is not only a citizen of Berlin but also a tasty, jam-filled donut-kind of pastry :wub2:

berliner.jpg

So a Berliner is something nice to eat or , well, a Berliner :dunno:. We don't REALLY have donuts here; people usually eat Berliners (usually between November & February during the carnival-time). The last Thursday in the carnival-time is also called "Fat-Thursday" (:dunno:) because on that day people traditionally eat Berliners and donuts and everything else that was baked in oil (like Muzen for instance :wub2:muzen__quarkbaellchen.jpg). Uhm, yes, that's it basically. So Bono was just refering to the play with German language which you can do with JFK's speech.

It's the same with people living in Hamburg :dunno:. One way it's a yummy Hamburger, the other way it's a person living in Hamburg.

This is one of those case where English has more words than it needs :naughty: In England overalls would be the same type of thing but with sleeves as well (long or short).

My littlest sister placed 4th overall in her dressage group, which was pleasing, since it was her first comp on her new pony.

Well done EJ :thumb_yello: Just typical of a horse to decide not to jump something because it was too small. Your dressage scores seem good, what sort of movements do you have to do?

:shocked: Ohhh Lucky you!! What did you two talk about? :das:

Just some embarrassing rubbish about a Chinese lucky charm I gave him, which I have now heard on video. I don't sound like me at all.

At least I really hope I don't sound like that.:shocked: I've been taped before and I didn't sound like that :no:.

This is one of those case where English has more words than it needs :naughty: In England overalls would be the same type of thing but with sleeves as well (long or short).

:naughty: Same here Silv ... or otherwise called 'bib & brace' ... but usually we just say 'overalls ' .... :wink2:

I must admit that I have always appreciated seeing a well built , attractive man in overalls ... esp. sans shirt ... :teehee:

:naughty: Same here Silv ... or otherwise called 'bib & brace' ... but usually we just say 'overalls ' .... :wink2:

I must admit that I have always appreciated seeing a well built , attractive man in overalls ... esp. sans shirt ... :teehee:

We've been debating whether he was sans underwear as well :blush-anim-cl:

Hi Happi :huglove:

This is one of those case where English has more words than it needs :naugh ty: In England overalls would be the same type of thing but with sleeves as well (long or short).

Interesting, interesting... overall in German would also be the sleeve-version (Overall). Well, over ALL :dunno:.

Just some embarrassing rubbish about a Chinese lucky charm I gave him, which I have now heard on video. I don't sound like me at all.

At least I really hope I don't sound like that.:shocked: I've been taped before and I didn't sound like that :no:.

When will the gig be on telly anyway? I knew it was filmed for tv but I didnt realise it would actually be ON TV then. :doh: That finally came up my mind yesterday night :naughty:.

Teegs! 11,000 posts - congrats :yay:

:boing:!!!!!!!!!

:naughty: Same here Silv ... or otherwise called 'bib & brace' ... but usually we just say 'overalls ' .... :wink 2:

:naughty:

The thing is just that you can usually see the underwear at the sides :blink: and then it's usually not the nice attractive men that are wearing the dungarees (I learnt a new word :pinkbow:) (and I hope I used the correct spelling because I cant be arsed to double-check)