I'm looking for some new music to get into, any recommendations?

alice.loves.mika

New artists (over the last year) that are definitely worth listening to, IMO:

MGMT

Lady Gaga ( tons on unreleased, great songs on youtube - all superb:thumb_yello:)

Little Boots (check out her myspece site at http://www.myspace.com/littlebootsmusic :thumb_yello:as well as her own youtube channel )

new albums I liked from established artists over the last year:

Lily Allen

no-one else I can think of...

I don't like the new singles from the Killers. I was really disappointed by both. I hope they won't end up like Oasis...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't like lady gaga :no: although it's true i only listened to 2 of her songs...but they didn't made me want more of it..

I heard one song of her's and it was more then enough. :naughty:

Funny, People are really see or black or white ( love or hate her)...

I thought most Mika fans would love her, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Anyway, Mika definitely likes her so I hope they might do record something together later... :naughty:

So this is what i do in my free time, looking for new music. LOL

This is not new but awesome nontheless, PJ Harvey - this is love

I heard one song of her's and it was more then enough. :naughty:

:cheerful_h4h:

(the emoticon says it best :naughty:)

Funny, People are really see or black or white ( love or hate her)...

I thought most Mika fans would love her, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Anyway, Mika definitely likes her so I hope they might do record something together later... :naughty:

Well every person have his/her's taste in music, just because Mika seems to like her music doesnt means i will too. I actually think her music is boring and every song sounds the same.

I personally like music with a bit of original taste to it, more like indie rock or any other artist that is original and interesitng.....like Mika for example :naughty:.

:cheerful_h4h:

(the emoticon says it best :naughty:)

Yes it does:mf_rosetinted:

Well every person have his/her's taste in music, just because Mika seems to like her music doesnt means i will too. I actually think her music is boring and every song sounds the same.

Yes it does:mf_rosetinted:

Actually you contradict yourself as you said you only heard one of her songs:cool:

Yes, you most definitely have the choice to listen the music you like. I don't like some artists Mika does (e.g Patrick Wolf, for example) but when I first heard LG and I could tell she was not a one-hit wonder and had a strong feeling Mika will like her. And I was right.

Actually you contradict yourself as you said you only heard one of her songs:cool:

Yes, but hearing one song doesn't indicate anything...:wink2:

:blink: i heard the song last year, but just seen the video some time ago..

boy he really is speshul :roftl:

LMFAO!!!!!!! This guy is simply hilarious.:roftl::roftl::roftl:

They are amazing :wub2:

This one is from Hungary I wish I was there

:aah: Sziget gets awesome bands everytime... i wonder if i'll ever get to any festival there... (and it's really not that far:mf_rosetinted:)

last time i went to hungary they were organizing the whole thing...and i was just passing by :tears:

bestfest has some cool artists this year too:sneaky2: and i won't be able to go...obviously

:aah: Sziget gets awesome bands everytime... i wonder if i'll ever get to any festival there... (and it's really not that far:mf_rosetinted:)

last time i went to hungary they were organizing the whole thing...and i was just passing by :tears:

bestfest has some cool artists this year too:sneaky2: and i won't be able to go...obviously

Yes they do not like us

I'm going to Bfest at Franz Ferdinand on the3rd of July

Yes, we got the Killers twice already. And last year REM was headlining.

And, of course in 2007 Mika was supposed to perform but cancelled as he decided to perform on Good Morning America instead....:sneaky2:

Actually, I understand the decision but he should compensate for it this year....

And then we could have an after show party with any MFCers attending:punk:

Yes they do not like us

I'm going to Bfest at Franz Ferdinand on the3rd of July

lucky you... i'm going to my BAC exams around that date :thumbdown:

Yes, we got the Killers twice already. And last year REM was headlining.

And, of course in 2007 Mika was supposed to perform but cancelled as he decided to perform on Good Morning America instead....:sneaky2:

Actually, I understand the decision but he should compensate for it this year....

And then we could have an after show party with any MFCers attending:punk:

that would be great... and i couldn't attend it again :doh:

or...maybe i could.... *scratches head*... anyway Mika HAS to come around this part of the world soon ....

that would be great... and i couldn't attend it again :doh:

or...maybe i could.... *scratches head*... anyway Mika HAS to come around this part of the world soon ....

Following the news on small gigs in summer, and a likely album release only in autumn, I think the earliest possible date he will consider this part of the world in spring / summer 2010....

Until then, I will focus on trying to get into any small venues he will have in Western Europe. :cool:

Following the news on small gigs in summer, and a likely album release only in autumn, I think the earliest possible date he will consider this part of the world in spring / summer 2010....

Until then, I will focus on trying to get into any small venues he will have in Western Europe. :cool:

i'd love to get to one of that small venues :wub2:

i would recommend Will and the people! if you are into reggae/ska they are the group for you! they have been tipped in the sun and the star for 09 bands to watch, so if you think you might be interested go to http://www.willandthepeople.com - this should take you to their myspace page and i would recommend the song "salamander"! it is a really feel good song, and their song "knocking" is out on 4th may and has already been on radio 1 with Jo Whiley!

also, they toured with the script and the hoosiers, and they are about to start their tour with girls aloud!

they are a really good band to look out for! if you like them, let me know! :-)

Hmmm, I don't really know what you're into so I'll just list a bunch of bands I listen to or have listened to.

Lately I get my music through Itunes and just take what songs I want.

Beirut

Test Your Reflex

Sea Bird

Blindside

Emery

Kids in the Way

Eisley

Mewithoutyou

Bright Eyes (I like their sound but their music is very depressing)

Andrew Bird

Edison Glass

Jimmy Eat World (I've only really listened to a few of their songs)

The Shins

Phantom Planet (I like the few songs I have)

Oasis (Again, I like the few songs I have)

The Decemerists

Anberlin

Modest Mouse (I only have a few of their songs)

The Ting Tings

The American Dollar

The Appleseed Cast

Arcade Fire

Band Marino

Brand New

The Classic Crime

Coldplay

The Fray

Muse

Coold Hand Luke (I like the songs I have)

The Elms

Deas Vail

Family Force Five

Flyleaf

Sufjan Stevens

Nickle Creek

Frou Frou

The Hoosiers

Krystal Meyer

Panic at the Disco

Randall Shreve

Razorlight

Five Iron Frenzy

Roper

Summer at Shatter Creek

Tim Myers

Wavorly

This should keep you busy for a while. :naughty:

Well there’s this band Kingston that I saw live a few weeks ago and really enjoyed. they’re playing in LA, New York, Japan and Germany in a few weeks.

This is their best song ‘Good Good Feeling’

And their second single ‘round we go’ which isn’t as good but has a very cool, mika-esque video :bleh: