Origami

Mary

Thanks for that link Mary!!! My mum's b-day is close and I wanted to make her a bookmarker, but I really suck with photoshop and all that, so I was thinking on some other thing, and saw this! I will make (well, its half made now) that album. Will post pics!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that link Mary!!! My mum's b-day is close and I wanted to make her a bookmarker, but I really suck with photoshop and all that, so I was thinking on some other thing, and saw this! I will make (well, its half made now) that album. Will post pics!

You're welcome!! Glad it helped! :punk: Please show us how it looks like, soon as you can! :thumb_yello:

I've made a smaler one (with only 2 squares) for a friend of mine. I'll post pics later (I haven't give it to her yet, and I want her to be the first to see it). :naughty:

You're welcome!! Glad it helped! :punk: Please show us how it looks like, soon as you can! :thumb_yello:

I've made a smaler one (with only 2 squares) for a friend of mine. I'll post pics later (I haven't give it to her yet, and I want her to be the first to see it). :naughty:

I will try to do it before this Sunday, tho is a bit hard cause my mum is round here all the time and I dont want to ruin the surprise! Mine is a lil bit bigger, I made 9 squares, so I will put 9 pics.

• 1 year later...
Origami is the traditional Japanese art of paper folding.

By folding just a piece of paper, you can create almost any shape! :wub2 POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!!

There are various types of origami, some of them GORGEUSSSS buy really difficult, but others pretty easy and also beautiful!!

After going to a workshop, I became a bit addicted to this form of art, and I can assure you, it's relaxing, fun and not that difficult! :wink2

So, here's some stuff I made (not much, I'm only beggining!) These are called Kusudamas (medicine balls).

Kusudama1.jpg

Kusudama2.jpg

I made also a little frog and a heart, but meh...not that good! blush-anim-c:naughty

Here are some cool sites, with true masterpieces! :shocked

(the first is in portuguese, but I had to post it here, awesome stuff)

http://origami.paginas.sapo.pt/origami.modular.htm

http://puupuu.ojaru.jp/galle/gallery.html

http://www.origami.com/index.html

http://www.origami-club.com/en/

http://mabonaorigami.com/

So...any more Origami junkies here?

Mee!! hehehe, thanks for posting this amazing pages i can't wait to start folding!! I absolutely LOVE your Kusudamas i wanna filled my room up with those.. and YOU-ARE-FREAKING-GREAT :bow:

I love oragami but haven't done it in forever- my favourite are those little water bombs- I love making them into dice

I love water bombs... they are sooo cute and easy to make

B

U

M

P

:naughty

46191_473732370680_694580680_6913847_7617441_n.jpg

:shocked: who made all that flowers??? :teehee: what a great taste!! :mf_rosetinted: :mf_rosetinted: nothing compared to your kusudamas...

I like to fold bugs, maybe they're too difficult but i love them... even when i'm not able to made them :sneaky2:... i also like boxes and baskets because they're always easy and useful... and flowers, the easy ones :teehee:... oh, and i'm really fond on pyramids and stuff like that if you made them on the proper size you can use them as christmas tree's ornaments :mf_lustslow:

Here's an interesting page, it has books from all countries, but most of them are on sale...you can find them with a littles flags on one side and then do what i do.. copy the names and find them for free :naughty:

http://www.giladorigami.com/Books_default.html

Hope you like it

Mee!! hehehe, thanks for posting this amazing pages i can't wait to start folding!! I absolutely LOVE your Kusudamas i wanna filled my room up with those.. and YOU-ARE-FREAKING-GREAT :bow:

LOL

Thanks! :huglove: Those actually ARE in my bedroom, along with this one:

DSC03510-1.jpg

(tutorial here:

)

:shocked: who made all that flowers??? :teehee: what a great taste!! :mf_rosetinted: : nothing compared to your kusudamas...

I like to fold bugs, maybe they're too difficult but i love them... even when i'm not able to made them :sneaky:... i also like boxes and baskets because they're always easy and useful... and flowers, the easy ones :teehee:... oh, and i'm really fond on pyramids and stuff like that if you made them on the proper size you can use them as christmas tree's ornaments :mf_lustslow:

Here's an interesting page, it has books from all countries, but most of them are on sale...you can find them with a littles flags on one side and then do what i do.. copy the names and find them for free :naughty:

http://www.giladorigami.com/Books_default.html

Hope you like it

I don't know, but surely some talented girls! :mf_rosetinted:

Those kusudamas, specially the one I posted now, can also be used as Christmas tree ornaments, I made some last year! :biggrin2:

Thanks for the link! :thumb_yello:

I love them!! specially the first ones... i made 100 tiny cranes for a present...

check them out... i don't know how to include pics here so i'm gonna let a facebook public link to the album

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=245169&id=694580680&l=66143d0b19

Hey, hey... i got this amazing page... all my pages are in spanish but i thought you may wanna take a look at this one... is one of my favorites

http://www.origamimodular.com.ar/diagramas.htm

They teach you how to make really nice cubes and kusudamas, that's something that you can learn everywhere but the best thing is that they teach you how to put all the figures together so at the end you'll have an amazing etructure and sculpture they look fantastic!! :thumb_yello:

all your oragami looks so cool! ive made stuff using oragami but only simple stuff... i dont have patience for the complicated stuff.. =P

my mums bought loads of oragami paper...

i might try to make some cranes or somein...

Aww! I love the gold one :teehee:

They're great :D

thank you!! :blush-anim-cl:

all your oragami looks so cool! ive made stuff using oragami but only simple stuff... i dont have patience for the complicated stuff.. =P

my mums bought loads of oragami paper...

i might try to make some cranes or somein...

you should try... and if you need any help, you know where we are!! i use to have a lot of origami paper but i've used them all.. :teehee: now i have only a few...

OOhhh... i saw that you had a rabbit.. i love rabbits.. i had 2 but i have to gave them away cuz i didn't have enough money to keep them as they deserve it... i haven't cry so much as i did that day...

thank you!! :blush-anim-cl:

you should try... and if you need any help, you know where we are!! i use to have a lot of origami paper but i've used them all.. :teehee: now i have only a few...

OOhhh... i saw that you had a rabbit.. i love rabbits.. i had 2 but i have to gave them away cuz i didn't have enough money to keep them as they deserve it... i haven't cry so much as i did that day...

hmm... maybe i'll try some today..

i love rabbits to! when my rabbits died... i cried so much.. :crybaby: my giant rabbit had to be put down on friday :crybaby:

i want more but its so sad when they die so i dont think we'll be getting anymore...

:emot-sad:

Loooove your cranes btw!

hmm... maybe i'll try some today..

i love rabbits to! when my rabbits died... i cried so much.. :crybaby: my giant rabbit had to be put down on friday :crybaby:

i want more but its so sad when they die so i dont think we'll be getting anymore...

:emot-sad:

thanks about the cranes!!

Loooove your cranes btw!

oh, i'm sorry... it's really sad when they die... their life it's too short and the love they give it's too big... I don't know if i'll get any other too... :sad:

planes are the only thing i can make xD

hahahaha planes are great.. there are a lot of different paper planes if you like planes you should try to make all the kinds!!!

and then teach me :mf_rosetinted::biggrin2:

hahahaha planes are great.. there are a lot of different paper planes if you like planes you should try to make all the kinds!!!

and then teach me :mf_rosetinted::biggrin2:

yeah..i should try. i will try! :)

:thumb_yello:

maybe there are some videos on youtube how to make...

yeah..i should try. i will try! :)

:thumb_yello:

maybe there are some videos on youtube how to make...

Sure there are... i just find this one

it's funny and the plane really works... nice!! :biggrin2:

I've made an octahedro, i'm really proud of my self.. i have to upload new pics!!

Sure there are... i just find this one
it's funny and the plane really works... nice!! :biggrin2:

I've made an octahedro, i'm really proud of my self.. i have to upload new pics!!

aww. cool. i will try it later :)

• 2 weeks later...