Susan Boyle

lillibet

Sorry, it won't have a great interest for a lot of you but i saw this singer on the french Tv (a report of Britain's have talent): when she arrived on stage ,the audience laughed , but when she began to sing, woah, everybody stand up and applause her .

I must admit i cried and was vey impressed.

french newspapers are talking about this performance and 12 millions of people looked at her on the tube;

I hope she will win the competition or find a opportunity to become professional!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard about her first from Perez' blog and then from MrsBrightside in the Italian thread and I must say I loved her exhibition!

Sorry, it won't have a great interest for a lot of you but i saw this singer on the french Tv (a report of Britain's have talent): when she arrived on stage ,the audience laughed , but when she began to sing, woah, everybody stand up and applause her .

I must admit i cried and was vey impressed.

french newspapers are talking about this performance and 12 millions of people looked at her on the tube;

I hope she will win the competition or find a opportunity to become professional!

great interest??? i just :wub2: her!!!

she is so good! it's nice to see "normal" people living their dream! :thumb_yello:

here she is!!! GOOD LUCK SUSAN!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

Just yesterday i've told about her in the italian thread but my beloved "bel canto" country didn't seem impressed by her...times change:naughty:!

Her voice moved me to tears, really! It happened to me only with Amy Winehouse and Norah Jones voices, before...

SusanBoyle_biography.jpg

Susan Boyle Joked About Never Being Kissed

Posted Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:36pm

PDT by Andy Pemberton in Musictoob

Britain's Got Talent singer Susan Boyle may not be as naive as she would have us believe.

The 47-year-old spinster told viewers of the U.K. TV talent show that she lived alone, had a cat called Pebbles, and had "never been kissed."

But it wasn't true.

Boyle, who has competed in countless talent shows, used the line to curry favor with the audience. She told a TV interviewer from U.K. breakfast show GMTV, "That was made as a joke! Never been kissed? I've never stopped."

The blogosphere has lit up at the news.

"Angel or crazy for publicity? You decide," was how fan site CafeArjun.com responded. "I'm forced to believe it was all a planned show!"

Popwrap.com branded her a "one-trick pony," while NowPublic.com was more understanding: "Do you think a peck on the cheek counts for being kissed?" the site asked.

But Boyle's admission has done nothing to dampen the ardor of her millions of new fans. Many believe Boyle, who has been nicknamed the "hairy angel" according to Britain's Daily Mail, should be declared the winner of the show right now. (She has at least one more song to perform).

"Now that Susan Boyle has been acknowledged as a singing sensation for her beautiful voice, I think it would be a good idea to declare her the winner of Britain's Got Talent," wrote C.J. Crane from Mallorca in Spain.

"I am glad Simon Cowell looks like he's going to give her a recording contract," said Raymond Rees from Wales.

British fan D.E. Atkins wrote: "The makeover squad should leave Susan Boyle alone. It is her singing and simplicity that people love. Once they start trying to change Susan's image they will spoil her."

But is it too late? Is overnight stardom already threatening to change Susan Boyle?

Since her first audition, the local council has built a fence around her home to discourage autograph-hunters. Boyle has also hired a hunky live-in bodyguard, been seen sporting an expensive leather jacket, and has agreed to go on a date with one of the judges.

Edited by A. Clay

i don't recall how i came across the you tube video now.I do know i've watched zillions of times.It's her voice and performance.But it's also that she's not like MOST of the artists out there.

She wasn't seeking celebrity.It's not about ego(most artists have this it's all about me thing). It's not about sleaze. She sang a beautiful piece of music.

She didn't have to use sex,immodesty-there were no smutty stories in the press like who she slept with,what drugs she did, when she last went to rehab.She's a woman of faith.This is rare.Most artists have to appear progressive and "sophisticated" as if being a Christian makes one stupid.

Anotherwords Susan is genuine.

We have opened up a FRENCH fan site for Susan and we're hoping to attract a lot of members from France who love Susan as much as we do.And OUI .it's in FRENCH.:thumb_yello:

http://franceaimesusan.forumactif.com/index.htm

We're doing some tweaks with color and we might be adding a chat room but it's ready to go for the most part!

"justapassersby"

Post Script:nice looking site here. Like the set up and graphics!! Joining was easy too. Congrads on a gr8 board.i have no idea who Mika is-i was doing a google search on Susan Boyle and France.

Edited by apassersby