MIKA @ Passionskirche, Berlin, GERMANY

dcdeb

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been staying at 2 other hostels of this chain (Meininger, they have hostels all over europe), one of them in berlin, and they were good. this one is supposed to be even better than the other berlin one where i have been staying before. of course, if you stay in a dormitory, you shouldn't mind sleeping in one room with strangers, but backpackers do that all the time, it's a great way to meet new people. :wink2: Meininger also has single rooms though, if you prefer that and don't mind to pay more.

The hostel at Hallesches Ufer is only about 2 km away from the church, it's 2 underground stations, or you can walk.

i have been staying at 2 other hostels of this chain (Meininger, they have hostels all over europe), one of them in berlin, and they were good. this one is supposed to be even better than the other berlin one where i have been staying before. of course, if you stay in a dormitory, you shouldn't mind sleeping in one room with strangers, but backpackers do that all the time, it's a great way to meet new people. :wink2: Meininger also has single rooms though, if you prefer that and don't mind to pay more.

The hostel at Hallesches Ufer is only about 2 km away from the church, it's 2 underground stations, or you can walk.

Ok,so i'll do it too!!!

anyone else??

have a sweet day and see you in like one week....:blush-anim-cl:

one week fanny?:naughty:

heheheheheheh

our concept of week has somewhat changed after someone started mentioning top of the week , end of the week...it's something simply...uncertain! undefinable! :roftl:

anyway yes...we'll meet very soon!:wub2:

melody...german people....what's temperature in berlin around that date average? wet or dry? :blink:

(i can guess...but i'd like a confirmation :wink2:)

one week fanny?:naughty:

heheheheheheh

our concept of week has somewhat changed after someone started mentioning top of the week , end of the week...it's something simply...uncertain! undefinable! :roftl:

anyway yes...we'll meet very soon!

melody...german people....what's temperature in berlin around that date average? wet or dry? :blink:

(i can guess...but i'd like a confirmation :wink2:)

i guess too...because of my dress ;)

so,yes,as someone said,one week,or two,it's the same finally..just waiting again and again...

but now,it's really soon!!:thumb_yello:

i don't know if you told me,but where to you stay in berlin?

thanks....

:bye:

i'm having a tough life...i won't sleep in any hotel, but go straight to tegel airport with faballa and laura* who are leaving early as i am.

Just like I'm doing in London!:wink2:

What has happen to us oldlings?

Rushing from town to town like teenage backpackers!:squirrel:

And I love it, love it, it's a good way to live the life isn't it?:naughty::wub2:

And I love it, love it, it's a good way to live the life isn't it?:naughty::wub2:

absof!!kinglutely!!!

and what sienna does, robi does as well....:wink2:

so

i'd like to do the following:

- arrival at tegel h 10 am on june 1st

- take taxi to berlin town (with laura* faballa and sienna?)

- go and sightsee alexanderplatz (pls. suggest better locations, if any)

- have good&cheap&fast lunch sitting in a nice spot chatting with available mfcers

- a little sightseeing walk

- go & queue pretty late.....(suggest time plz)

anyone?

so far, the weather forecast for berlin on june 1st says partly cloudy, 18-22°C. but it's very insecure so far in advance.

robi, you only want to go sightseeing for alexanderplatz? how about brandenburg gate and kurfürstendamm?

there's some stuff on wikipedia, if you need some more ideas for sightseeing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin#Architecture :wink2:

and don't forget the world famous polar bear "Knut" at the berlin zoo. :naughty:

so far, the weather forecast for berlin on june 1st says partly cloudy, 18-22°C. but it's very insecure so far in advance.

yup. wetter.de predicts a sunny 20-30°C. very exact, i know :biggrin2:

but no thunderstorms, no storms and no snow yay :naughty:

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO WEAR??

wouldn't be so sure about the thunderstorms, you'll never know on a hot+sunny day...

and what am i going to wear? probably a summer dress. i'll decide 3 days in advance, when the weather forecast is more reliable. :bleh:

just an average from past years...:wink2: i'll check the weather later on :thumb_yello:

thanks mellody, i thought about alexanderplatz cause it's the famous place in berlin, but i'd like to see some more of the city!

summer dress for me too, i only have to plan something just in case of heavy rain....:aah:

i wonder why alexanderplatz is so famous, i found it quite unspectacular and rather loud and dirty. i only can imagine that it's famous because of the novel "berlin alexanderplatz". if i could visit just one sight in berlin, i'd choose the brandenburg gate. :wink2:

but as i've been in berlin about 5 times already, for me this time is only for the concert, not for sightseeing. :bleh:

yup. wetter.de predicts a sunny 20-30°C. very exact, i know :biggrin2:

but no thunderstorms, no storms and no snow yay :naughty:

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO WEAR??

I still suggest you wear clothes Flor:roftl:

i'm having a tough life...i won't sleep in any hotel, but go straight to tegel airport with faballa and laura* who are leaving early as i am.

thanks,yes,i remember this conversation now,sorry ;)

as for me,i wanted to go early,but it was a little bit more expensive..i decided to sleep a little more:thumb_yello:and work later...

so,i had to queue earlier too..2others frenchies arrived inberlin too,and i'll be there with them i think when you'll arrived..

and no queuing in paris,of course :naughty:,but i "little" for this one:biggrin2:

YES, this IS a good life!! Won't miss it again, I'm feeling younger for "decades" :biggrin2:

has anyone received the tickets?

or does anyone got the mail, that they have been dispatched?

that does mean that we have to collect them somewhere or what?

can't see that everything is under control like freddies double said?

Don't worry, if we don't get the tickets by post, we can sure get them at the venue showing the receipt we printed when we bought them. :wink2:

no, i don´t. neither received an email nor the tix. :aah: and i wonder why the tix aren´t send via email to print out on our own. would be the easiest way i guess.

Where's the fun in that? :biggrin2: