MIKA @ Passionskirche, Berlin, GERMANY

dcdeb

Where's the fun in that? :biggrin2:

Totally agree, it's much more fun to pay a ridiculous ammount of money for delivery and enjoy the many stress related symptoms when the tickets don't turn up :yay:

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree, it's much more fun to pay a ridiculous ammount of money for delivery and enjoy the many stress related symptoms when the tickets don't turn up :yay:

:roftl:Yeah, so true!

i hope that at least the tickets have a really special design, not just text like usual tickets. otherwise it really would be the easiest to get a printable version.

btw, welcome to the MFC, silke! :original:

Where's the fun in that? :biggrin2:

sorry, i´m unworthy newbie and gotta learn how to use smilies correctly :biggrin2::roftl::roftl:

was this try better?? XD

i hope that at least the tickets have a really special design, not just text like usual tickets. otherwise it really would be the easiest to get a printable version.

btw, welcome to the MFC, silke! :original:

thanks alot :wink2:

i'm doing the following:

wait till thursday, then send an email to sandbag saying i've not received my ticket and that i'm leaving in 2 days (they wrote me to do that).

they will ask the box office in passionkirche to keep the ticket there for me to collect and they will refund me shipping fees.

they wrote to some of us saying this, when we asked what to do in case we don't receive our ticket in time.

certain is, they must have an efficient refund department :mf_rosetinted:

this is the email i received re.berlin

Hi

We hope to receive the tickets by the end of the week and we’ll mail them as soon as we can but Monday is a bank holiday. We’ll e-mail you as soon as your order has been posted.

If the ticket doesn’t arrive with you in time then we’ll ask the promoter to cancel the original and reissue your tickets for box office collection.

Kind regards

Helen@sandbag

they were more specific re. london, but i presume shipping fees refund is the same for all gigs.

Hi

We’ve been asked by the promoter of this event, due to the short timescale, to only mail tickets to addresses in the UK.

Do you have an address that we could use in the UK, a friend/family member perhaps? If so, please send us your order number and the new address and we will mail the tickets there next week.

If not, we will have to ask you to collect your tickets from the venue on the day of the show. We will find out what time the box office will open and get back to you with the full details. You will need your order confirmation e-mail and some ID.

Only the person whose name is on the order will be able to collect the tickets, not the person whose name is on the credit card. If you need to change the name on the order then please send us the order number and the new name and we will change the details.

We will be sending the promoter the complete list of customers who need to collect their tickets on Thursday of this week and so if you do need to change the details then please let us know as soon as possible.

We will refund your postage charge.

Kind regards

Helen@sandbag

i'm asking again when i email them on thursday and i hope to get a satisfactory reply within saturday (i'm leaving on monday 1st for berlin).

but of course

i might receive my ticket:mf_rosetinted:

this is the email i received re.berlin

Hi

We hope to receive the tickets by the end of the week and we’ll mail them as soon as we can but Monday is a bank holiday. We’ll e-mail you as soon as your order has been posted.

If the ticket doesn’t arrive with you in time then we’ll ask the promoter to cancel the original and reissue your tickets for box office collection.

Kind regards

Helen@sandbag

they were more specific re. london, but i presume shipping fees refund is the same for all gigs.

Hi

We’ve been asked by the promoter of this event, due to the short timescale, to only mail tickets to addresses in the UK.

Do you have an address that we could use in the UK, a friend/family member perhaps? If so, please send us your order number and the new address and we will mail the tickets there next week.

If not, we will have to ask you to collect your tickets from the venue on the day of the show. We will find out what time the box office will open and get back to you with the full details. You will need your order confirmation e-mail and some ID.

Only the person whose name is on the order will be able to collect the tickets, not the person whose name is on the credit card. If you need to change the name on the order then please send us the order number and the new name and we will change the details.

We will be sending the promoter the complete list of customers who need to collect their tickets on Thursday of this week and so if you do need to change the details then please let us know as soon as possible.

We will refund your postage charge.

Kind regards

Helen@sandbag

i'm asking again when i email them on thursday and i hope to get a satisfactory reply within saturday (i'm leaving on monday 1st for berlin).

but of course

i might receive my ticket:mf_rosetinted:

I got this email yesterday:

"Hi

We haven’t received the tickets as yet but as soon as we get them we’ll mail them to you.

If the tickets don’t reach you in time then we will reissue them for you to collect at the venue box office.

Kind regards

Helen@sandbag"

We're leaving to Berlin on 30th May. I'm pretty sure we don't have tickets with us at that time. But we'll see :thumb_yello:

I got this email yesterday:

"Hi

We haven’t received the tickets as yet but as soon as we get them we’ll mail them to you.

If the tickets don’t reach you in time then we will reissue them for you to collect at the venue box office.

Kind regards

Helen@sandbag"

We're leaving to Berlin on 30th May. I'm pretty sure we don't have tickets with us at that time. But we'll see :thumb_yello:

yeah, I am pretty sure that I don't receive my tickets either,

but I don't know, what they mean.

they send the ticket and I won't receive it in time?

or is it they won't send the ticket at all?

won't they send all the tickets or does everybody have to

ask for that?

I don't want to complain either, but doesn't this sound like- cough- team mika-cough..........

that's why i'm writing to them on thursday at the latest.

i feel they need to know who has not received the ticks at home, so that they inform the local ticket office to print it for you to collect at the venue.

i suggest to wait till tomorrow, maybe they will send us another email saying they have shipped the ticket or if not, saying how to manage.

that's why i'm writing to them on thursday at the latest.

i feel they need to know who has not received the ticks at home, so that they inform the local ticket office to print it for you to collect at the venue.

i suggest to wait till tomorrow, maybe they will send us another email saying they have shipped the ticket or if not, saying how to manage.

honestly,

even if they dispatch them tomorrow, I probably won't get it in time. it's says that shipping to other european countries takes plus- minus a week.

let's say they send them on tuesday and I have to have them on friday, it is only three days. even the people in germany have to have their tickets at least saturday. no post sunday and no post manday ( bank holliday)

so I would say they don't have to ship it to other european countries. WE CAN'T BE SURE THAT WE GET THEM.

:aah:

Seriously, I love Mika very much, but him and his team sure are the sloppiest and most unprofessional planners ever.

They really need to step their game up because this is just bollox. Total bollox. It's poorly managed, poorly communicated, etc, etc. In a 'normal' business situation all these people would be sacked or at the very least, given a stern warning.

Seriously, I love Mika very much, but him and his team sure are the sloppiest and most unprofessional planners ever.

They really need to step their game up because this is just bollox. Total bollox. It's poorly managed, poorly communicated, etc, etc. In a 'normal' business situation all these people would be sacked or at the very least, given a stern warning.

Surely sandbag are a separate company? They're the ones who should have said at the start "that's too short notice" But is picking them up at the box office such a problem?

amsterdam tickets took 3 days to italy :mf_rosetinted:

if they ship tomorrow, we might get them in time, but i find it very risky.

i'm 90% sure we would collect them at the church, ANYWAY i'll email them.

or maybe tomorrow they'll email us all saying to collect them at the church

Edited by robertina

Surely sandbag are a separate company? They're the ones who should have said at the start "that's too short notice" But is picking them up at the box office such a problem?

Of course, but when I say "Team Mika" I mean Mika and anyone/everyone that he choses to appoint/employ to sort out his stuff. Ie, his management, the ticket companies that they use, etc.

It's all very sloppy and unprofessional. As an example, this whole sandbag way of sorting out the seat numbers.

If you observe the ticket situation, it looks like it was all a very manual process to allocate seats. The ticket order references go across all the shows, so they don't even have an allocated reference number 'branch' for each show which would make it easier to track down when someone made an order and allocate seat numbers that way.

People buying tickets for London, Paris, whatever, all got the reference numbers following the same numbering, which would mean that when the sandbag people start reviewing who bought what in each order (to allocate seats on a first buy/first sit basis) they need to trawl through ALL the shows.

Mind you, the fact that they even have to do this manually is quite sloppy already. Can't they just use something like ticketmaster for example, where seats are automatically allocated by the system and people know what they are getting on the spot?

That is what I mean. If you're responsible for selecting and employing someone whose procedures are sloppy, you are sloppy by extension and the ultimate responsability is yours. Long winded explanation of what I meant :roftl:, I hope that I didn't put you to sleep.

Oh forgot to answer the question re:collection from box office being an issue.

To me it's quite a big inconvenience, yes.

In my (may I add, extensive, by now:roftl:) experience of these gigs, there is already so much going on and so much chaos the hour or two before the doors open, that adding large numbers of last minute ticket collections (ticket offices usually open quite close to the door opening time as well) is always an unwanted added stress.

Of course if there is no other option, well, then that's that. But if there IS, which was the way this gig was "marketed", and for which we paid quite hefty delivery fees, that is when it annoys me, because it's an added inconvenience that I could do without on gig night.

I like getting there in posession of my ticket, so I know that nothing can go wrong. I really dislike having this cloud looming over my mind about having to get to the box office whilst managing to hold onto my spot in the queue, open to any sort of misunderstanding with the tickets, etc, etc....

There's nothing like ticket in hand ,which is why all the reputable ticket companies send you the blooming thing in the first place :biggrin2:.

Of course, but when I say "Team Mika" I mean Mika and anyone/everyone that he choses to appoint/employ to sort out his stuff. Ie, his management, the ticket companies that they use, etc.

It's all very sloppy and unprofessional. As an example, this whole sandbag way of sorting out the seat numbers.

If you observe the ticket situation, it looks like it was all a very manual process to allocate seats. The ticket order references go across all the shows, so they don't even have an allocated reference number 'branch' for each show which would make it easier to track down when someone made an order and allocate seat numbers that way.

People buying tickets for London, Paris, whatever, all got the reference numbers following the same numbering, which would mean that when the sandbag people start reviewing who bought what in each order (to allocate seats on a first buy/first sit basis) they need to trawl through ALL the shows.

Mind you, the fact that they even have to do this manually is quite sloppy already. Can't they just use something like ticketmaster for example, where seats are automatically allocated by the system and people know what they are getting on the spot?

That is what I mean. If you're responsible for selecting and employing someone whose procedures are sloppy, you are sloppy by extension and the ultimate responsability is yours. Long winded explanation of what I meant :roftl:, I hope that I didn't put you to sleep.

I assumed the manual codes bit was so the MFC could allocate seats by tranches, as described by Freddie? Othersise don't venues just allocate the seats on the spot?

The ultimate responsibility is Team Mika's but if Sandbag are a reputabable site, it's a bit unfair to blame Mika for chosing them. Though maybe after contracting he put them in an impossible position by changing things/not confirming/otherwise messing them around.

I assumed the manual codes bit was so the MFC could allocate seats by tranches, as described by Freddie? Othersise don't venues just allocate the seats on the spot?

The ultimate responsibility is Team Mika's but if Sandbag are a reputabable site, it's a bit unfair to blame Mika for chosing them. Though maybe after contracting he put them in an impossible position by changing things/not confirming/otherwise messing them around.

MFC had nothing to do whatsoever with allocating seats here. The seats were solely allocated by the order sequence.

So, people ordering at 12:00 would get better seats than people ordering at 13:00, etc... This is why I say that any "proper" site's system would allocate seats instantly and the buyer would know on the spot which seat they got. Like ticketmaster, as I said earlier. When you book you are seeing the seats that you are buying, and you can even change them if you don't like those.

It's really not a lot to ask from a ticketing site, and therefore I think that this is the direction that Team Mika should be moving towards rather than the early sandbag release.

Even the latest public tickets for his Sadlers Wells gig have been released through ticketmaster, so people can see which seats they are getting instantly. Shame it didn't work out the same for the presale ones! :wink2:

Oh and I never said that sandbag are not reputable; Just that they are not properly organised IMO, and not really up to scratch if you compare them with sites like Ticketmaster. That's all. They only seem to have one person manually doing everything. To me that is more like a home run business than a professional site, and I'm not sure that they are really able to cope with this.

So, again, Team Mika's management people who were in charge of finding a ticketing site should have done their research and be informed of the procedures that these people follow, and then chosen accordingly.

I can't see how having more notice of shows or potential changes by Mika would have any sort of impact in how their system lacks the ability to allocate seats and display them to the buyer at the time of purchase? See, we always end up getting back to the same situation there.

MFC had nothing to do whatsoever with allocating seats here. The seats were solely allocated by the order sequence.

So, people ordering at 12:00 would get better seats than people ordering at 13:00, etc... This is why I say that any "proper" site's system would allocate seats instantly and the buyer would know on the spot which seat they got. Like ticketmaster, as I said earlier. When you book you are seeing the seats that you are buying, and you can even change them if you don't like those.

It's really not a lot to ask from a ticketing site, and therefore I think that this is the direction that Team Mika should be moving towards rather than the early sandbag release.

Even the latest public tickets for his Sadlers Wells gig have been released through ticketmaster, so people can see which seats they are getting instantly. Shame it didn't work out the same for the presale ones! :wink2:

Oh and I never said that sandbag are not reputable; Just that they are not properly organised IMO, and not really up to scratch if you compare them with sites like Ticketmaster. That's all. They only seem to have one person manually doing everything. To me that is more like a home run business than a professional site, and I'm not sure that they are really able to cope with this.

So, again, Team Mika's management people who were in charge of finding a ticketing site should have done their research and be informed of the procedures that these people follow, and then chosen accordingly.

I can't see how having more notice of shows or potential changes by Mika would have any sort of impact in how their system lacks the ability to allocate seats and display them to the buyer at the time of purchase? See, we always end up getting back to the same situation there.

I totally agree,

and I think it's not fair that we, who have bought the tickets through mikas own side should be disadvanced.

And in my opinion there is a total lack of communication.

I want a official statement from sanbag how they handle the situation,

" we send them out as soon we get them" it is not good enough.

Do they really want that everybody mails to them and they have to answer on every single mail?

I definetly would have prefered to have the tickets 2 weeks before the gig as it said. I mean this is a point I - as the byer- have agreed to.

I mean how much time should I spend - like now - on the tickets?

after all, I claim that the front rows goes to us who have ordered through presale, after all the inconvinience with the bl...y tickets.

WE DESERVE IT.

They're all busy preparing wonderful meet-and-greet parties. You should be grateful. :mf_rosetinted:

and just due to the fact that I am only have written about the bl....y tickets,

I can consider myself as mikagroupie:teehee:

and this is my husbands reaction:roftl: haha,

as a mother of two I just want to have a nice weekend in berlin with my husband without the kids, that does not include praying to get the tickets, waiting in line for hours - one in the normal line and the other one tries to get the ticket - I am over that age.

Edited by rockstardelight

The gig is in a week and I agree, it's ridiculous what's going on with the tickets.

Like sariflor, I HATE having to pick my ticket up at the box office. :boxed: In the past, when I had to choose from sites that are sending tickets overseas and those that don't, I never hesitated and picked those that did, even if I had to spend additional money on it. I just don't feel that good traveling without my precious ticket, especially when it's abroad.

But just to be fair, is it really sandbag's fault? I'm an ignorant when it comes to the way ticketing companies work. However, as far as I know, they would love to send the tickets as much as we'd love to have them already, it's just that they haven't received them yet from the promoters? I say, blame it on the promoters! :naughty:

amsterdam tickets took 3 days to italy :mf_rosetinted:

if they ship tomorrow, we might get them in time, but i find it very risky.

i'm 90% sure we would collect them at the church, ANYWAY i'll email them.

or maybe tomorrow they'll email us all saying to collect them at the church

...I'm pretty sure I'll be waiting the postman on Friday looking like this :freak: or this :emot-sad:

Nobody is happy with the situation but there's little we can do at the moment. I've emailed them too and do hope we'll get more information tomorrow morning. :mail:

I just need to blame someone :sneaky2:

I am not mentally fit to argue with morons in box offices, that woman in Brixton last year was a ****ing nightmare :crybaby: