The "pictures of Food" thread!

I highly recommend it :) that's their meal anyway(although we're always trying to say different).

Oh,the thing also eatean in my country,it's called kajmak:

kajmak.jpg

is it an icecream ?? I keep craving for something sweet :roftl:

oh Please... a.m1:35 here now

i will rush to see if there’s any snack in the fridge !!!

is it an icecream ?? I keep craving for something sweet :roftl:

oh Please... a.m1:35 here now

i will rush to see if there’s any snack in the fridge !!!

No,it's made of boiled milk.The cow's milk is most commonly used,but milk of other animals can be used also.Kajmak is actually formed on the surface of milk and you take it off when the milk becomes cold :)

It's very delicious and it comes from the south of Serbia,I mean :)

@freddie

Well,I guess you can try it in Turkish restaurant! :)

No,it's made of boiled milk.The cow's milk is most commonly used,but milk of other animals can be used also.Kajmak is actually formed on the surface of milk and you take it off when the milk becomes cold :)

It's very delicious and it comes from the south of Serbia,I mean :)

@freddie

Well,I guess you can try it in Turkish restaurant! :)

Yes looks turkish or almost greek to me ! .. Now I know where Ive seen it .. and eaten similar :wub2:

Yes looks turkish or almost greek to me ! .. Now I know where Ive seen it .. and eaten similar :wub2:

Yeah,Greeks fight for it also...let's say it's the recipe from the Balkan :) Turkish have been here for a long time,long enough to leave most of their recipes :)

Snapshot+2009-04-09+16-00-00.jpg

http://twitter.com/Foodimentary

Copyofcereal.gif

Got MILK?

March 7 is

National Cereal Day!

Skim, Whole, or Soy?

Is there a CEREAL BAR near you?

cereality.2

On FACEBOOK:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cereality-Cereal-Bar-and-Cafe/22141116711

char_scp.gif

Snap, Crackle, Cash

David Roth and Rick Bacher

Create Cafes That Sell Breakfast Cereal

—with Candy on Top, If You Please

Like bartenders at a neighborhood dive, the servers at Matt Kronwald's regular breakfast place know his usual: a mix of Frosted Flakes, Froot Loops and Lucky Charms marshmal-lows. "I like it diabetic, straight up," says the 21-year-old business major at Arizona State University in Tempe. "To me cereal is a food group."

To David Roth and Rick Bacher, it's a potential gold mine. Just over a year ago they opened Cereality, a kitchen-style cafe that specializes in cereal, on the campus of Arizona State. For $2.95, customers can fill a 32-oz. container with two scoops of cereal (from oatmeal to Cap'n Crunch) and one topping (bananas to Pop Rocks) chosen from more than 30 varieties of each served by pajama-wearing staff called cereologists. Dentists and moms may cringe, but business has boomed for Roth, 42, and Bacher, 36, selling favorites like Banana Brown Betty, a mix of oatmeal, banana syrup and molasses sugar with streusel and bananas. The store turned a profit just two months after opening in August 2003, and a second, much bigger Cereality will open in Philadelphia after Thanksgiving. "The idea," says Roth, "is to become the Starbucks of cereal."

A former marketing consultant who grew up in Westbury, N.Y., Roth had the idea for the store four years ago after meeting an executive who kept Cocoa Puffs hidden in his briefcase. He enlisted his friend Bacher, a graphic designer from Toronto, and after some early skepticism, they eventually found investors. Now, says Roth, briefcase man and all the other "closeted cereal eaters can come out and enjoy themselves."

01_people.jpg

http://www.getstirredup.com/innovationactivists/bio_roth.php

Edited by A. Clay