The Codes and the Points.

CazGirl

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you know, I think the presence of the champagne in the sentence is just to make it more appealing (as if it wasn't already ) .

We all have equal chances.

But I was thinking about something else.

Until when will we keep validating and gain points? :dunno:

That's why I don't understand! I mean, it has to stop at some point, he can't just keep running around to all of our living rooms.

you know, I think the presence of the champagne in the sentence is just to make it more appealing (as if it wasn't already ) .

We all have equal chances.

But I was thinking about something else.

Until when will we keep validating and gain points? :dunno:

Well, apparently the top prize is only to be a one off thing, and I would think the signed artwork etc is limited to a certain number of winners, but I would think that some of them are unlimited (e.g the meet and greet because for every show, there would be some form of after party) so I suppose it would go on until Mika either gets bored and comes up with something new (though I get the feeling he'll just add new prizes) or stops realeasing new music, and stops touring, since it doesn't mention any kind of 'sell-by date'.

How do you know in wich place(1st,2nd,3rd etc etc) you are related to other people's points?:aah:

When you're signed in, on the righthand side -> "MIKA Points", above your actual point value is your rank. Like, I'm 145th. (How sad.)

How do you know in wich place(1st,2nd,3rd etc etc) you are related to other people's points?:aah:

Where it tells you how many points you have, your ranking is about it. The little box is on the right, underneath your username and account on Mikasounds :biggrin2:

You gotta be logged into your MS account. :wink2: It'll appear right under your player on the first page!

I wanted to say, in general, in regards to the process of getting points and stuff... I personally don't think Mika ever plans to make something fair or "not". Honestly, I still believe that he has no clue that he is as loved and popular as he is. So he probably doesn't forsee the diehards going crazy over something like this.

I mean, I think he understands he does have some popularity, but I could just tell, from his show in NYC, that he never seems to expect the adoration. It's totally worthy, but he's still a bit humble, which is nice. I mean, what artist would ever even allow the idea of a champagne meet and greet?!

You have a point there! A good one!

But if HE doesn't know HOW famous he is...others do, unfortunately and take advantage of it greatly. (see my post on page 17, the long one,about what I mean)

Where it tells you how many points you have, your ranking is about it. The little box is on the right, underneath your username and account on Mikasounds :biggrin2:

Oooh! Thanks:biggrin2:

EDIT: 36th:roftl:

[quote name=B!anka;2395275

But if HE doesn't know HOW famous he is...others do' date=' unfortunately and take advantage of it greatly. (see my post on page 17, the long one,about what I mean)[/quote]

I know exactly what you mean (pg17). He says this is a gift to his fans. It's a gift to his richest fans. :tears: how could I ever compete in this sort of thing?? I don't have the money to go and buy a billion mika merchandise!! And the stuff that I did buy, I didn't even get points for! :crybaby:

Whether Mika knows it or not, it's rather heart breaking. :tears:

You gotta be logged into your MS account. :wink2: It'll appear right under your player on the first page!

You have a point there! A good one!

But if HE doesn't know HOW famous he is...others do, unfortunately and take advantage of it greatly. (see my post on page 17, the long one,about what I mean)

So I read your post on pg 17, and I can understand where you're coming from. And honestly, that's one reason why I don't dedicate SO much time or money to being a fan. One part of me doesn't have the money and the other knows you're dealing with a fellow human. They can be flaky, fickle, and/or manipulated by others. Especially as a creative person. You have to realize, a lot of artists leave projects. A lot of them promise blogs. With MIKA, he makes himself so personally available at times that when things do fall through or he shows his flaky side, his fans take it personally.

For me, when I have the money, I hope to invest it in his CDs. But for now, I use the points not as an obsession but a fun side project. If I benefit from it down the road, woohoo! If not, oh well.

Oooh! Thanks:biggrin2:

EDIT: 36th:roftl:

ok so i thought being 77th wasnt bad until i saw yours :sneaky2:

so who the one with 60000 points ? its gotta be someone like sariflor ... how many gig have u been to this year ? how long have you been married :wink2:

Edited by scg

That's why I don't understand! I mean, it has to stop at some point, he can't just keep running around to all of our living rooms.

I thought WE would go to HIS living room...or anyway somewhere in London...:shocked:

*remembers that the M&G prize appealed the most, goes grabs the housecleaning tools and starts cleaning every corner of the house just in case.*

Well, apparently the top prize is only to be a one off thing, and I would think the signed artwork etc is limited to a certain number of winners, but I would think that some of them are unlimited (e.g the meet and greet because for every show, there would be some form of after party) so I suppose it would go on until Mika either gets bored and comes up with something new (though I get the feeling he'll just add new prizes) or stops realeasing new music, and stops touring, since it doesn't mention any kind of 'sell-by date'.

Is that so?

I was thinking until now, the more points we get, we reach a new level on that prize thingie. How will he choose the one to meet? The one to record that video for? The one to be sent the platinum disc? As long as we're almost 4000?

Assuming there will be 100 firsts to get there, will there be an aleatory choice? Or the leader gets them all?

I don't know if I made my self clear enough...I have so many questions and only 12 000 points! :aah:

ok so i thought being 75th wasnt bad until i saw yours :sneaky2:

so who the one with 60000 points ? its gotta be someone like sariflor ... how many gig have u been to this year ? how long have you been married :wink2:

Ow, sorry:blush-anim-cl::aah:

I bet it's Mika, hacking trough the website, and he has many of the things to validate so:naughty:

I wanted to say, in general, in regards to the process of getting points and stuff... I personally don't think Mika ever plans to make something fair or "not". Honestly, I still believe that he has no clue that he is as loved and popular as he is. So he probably doesn't forsee the diehards going crazy over something like this.

I mean, I think he understands he does have some popularity, but I could just tell, from his show in NYC, that he never seems to expect the adoration. It's totally worthy, but he's still a bit humble, which is nice. I mean, what artist would ever even allow the idea of a champagne meet and greet?!

Ehm, not to burst your bubble or anything, but I think a lot of them would if you see the amount of money you got to spend before you get those prizes? :fisch: I really really have a hard time seeing the 'rewards' in this... Yeah, of course those are neat prizes but you mustn't forget what you have to do (pay) in return? Because really, no one's gonna get one of the top prizes by posting on MS I think...

I bet it's Mika, hacking trough the website, and he has many of the things to validate so:naughty:

yip i bet your right ... it a f**king conspiracy :shocked: he knows were gonna find a way to get that top prize so he`s sending in some fake accounts to nab the prizes for himself :teehee:

btw im now 78th

yip i bet your right ... it a f**king conspiracy :shocked: he knows were gonna find a way to get that top prize so he`s sending in some fake accounts to nab the prizes for himself :teehee:

btw im now 78th

Yeah he doesn't want anyone to win it haha:roftl:

Oh crap:naughty:

I know exactly what you mean (pg17). He says this is a gift to his fans. It's a gift to his richest fans. :tears: how could I ever compete in this sort of thing?? I don't have the money to go and buy a billion mika merchandise!! And the stuff that I did buy, I didn't even get points for! :crybaby:

Whether Mika knows it or not, it's rather heart breaking. :tears:

EXACTLY! We're not multimillionaire fans!

The thing that annoys me the most is that when I've been at the gig, I was set to buy the whole merchendise store over there, but when I got there I realised that I didn't like anything! :aah: My EP was in my mailbox at home in Romania, The T-Shirts weren't exactly the kind of ones I'd like, the pins I have too many already and the poster just too expensive!

So I read your post on pg 17, and I can understand where you're coming from. And honestly, that's one reason why I don't dedicate SO much time or money to being a fan. One part of me doesn't have the money and the other knows you're dealing with a fellow human. They can be flaky, fickle, and/or manipulated by others. Especially as a creative person. You have to realize, a lot of artists leave projects. A lot of them promise blogs. With MIKA, he makes himself so personally available at times that when things do fall through or he shows his flaky side, his fans take it personally.

For me, when I have the money, I hope to invest it in his CDs. But for now, I use the points not as an obsession but a fun side project. If I benefit from it down the road, woohoo! If not, oh well.

I agree: MIKA is waaaaay too available to us!

As for the "what a fan's supposed to do" of me: I went to Paris with my family just for the gig...a trip which wasn't foreseen! You can imagine it took us by surprise.:roftl:

He is validating himself like puts himself in the CD reader and gets validated. He's worth probably 50 000 points. :mf_rosetinted:

*The validating program: THE Mika has been validated, you're now taken back to your points!*

EXACTLY! We're not multimillionaire fans!

The thing that annoys me the most is that when I've been at the gig, I was set to buy the whole merchendise store over there, but when I got there I realised that I didn't like anything! :aah: My EP was in my mailbox at home in Romania, The T-Shirts weren't exactly the kind of ones I'd like, the pins I have too many already and the poster just too expensive!

I agree: MIKA is waaaaay too available to us!

As for the "what a fan's supposed to do" of me: I went to Paris with my family just for the gig...a trip which wasn't foreseen! You can imagine it took us by surprise.:roftl:

He is validating himself like puts himself in the CD reader and gets validated. He's worth probably 50 000 points. :mf_rosetinted:

*The validating program: THE Mika has been validated, you're now taken back to your points!*

whatever.:tears: the whole things is so unattainable and it's just f*cking depressing.

whatever.:tears: the whole things is so unattainable and it's just f*cking depressing.

I was so depressed and dissapointed last night that I could barely fall asleep and when I did, I dreamt about MFC again...:naughty::sneaky2:

%*&$ it im still dropping ... 79th now :shocked: still waiting on my digital cd code , ive got a ton of videos to upload way back from feb 2007 , some photo`s , i even tryed numbers on the tag of a t-shirt i bought on may 2007 ...... didnt work though :roftl:

edit 80th now !

Edited by scg

I am a bit confused too! Mika is so much more than a "product"! Hes a wonderful human being who shares his beautiful world with us...everything in life doesn't have to have a price...seems both like a good and a bad idea those points! Of course, I'd love to meet Mika but not because I've bought the whole town cds to get the points! I will always love Mika anyway, and I wouldn't mind getting an extra song!