MIKA @ Le Poisson Rouge, NY - June 23 2009 - reports, photos and videos

guylainem123

i have a random question for you all. what song does mika normally use the celeste (sp?) for? what happened when he went over there that made him say "f*** it, never mind that idea!"

He's been using it for Toy Boy on this tour.Sounds like it might have been a feedback problem:

I wonder though, if he was also a little freaked out being THAT close to the audience. :teehee:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been using it for Toy Boy on this tour.Sounds like it might have been a feedback problem:

I wonder though, if he was also a little freaked out being THAT close to the audience. :teehee:

Yeah, I also think that, although the 'real' reason was the feedback, he did feel uneasy being so close, and even seeing (and possibly feeling!) those hands on him.

After watching the videos over and over again, it looks like he was ready to take the mic off even before the feedback sounded. :tears: If you watch when he actually performs it, he plays the piano longer and doesn't take his hands to the mic at all.

some pics from the stage. i took some screen caps from everyone's videos, so i hope no one minds

untitled-1.jpg

12-1.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

11.jpg

Oooh, very nice!! I realise that I am a bit stupid. At these stage invasions, I always just go to the furthest spot from Mika on stage and stay there :roftl:. I really need to get closer while I still have the chance, haha.

I am still so traumatized that he left. I can't believe it :crybaby:

So am I :blink:. When we positioned ourselves next to it we thought that it would be heaven :blush-anim-cl::wub2:. Such bad luck that he went!!!

After watching the videos over and over again, it looks like he was ready to take the mic off even before the feedback sounded. :tears: If you watch when he actually performs it, he plays the piano longer and doesn't take his hands to the mic at all.

So are you saying that you think that he left because of other reasons, and not the feedback?

To be honest, from where Christine and I were standing, "the hands" did seem a bit over the top, which is why we told/motioned the girls to take it easy....Maybe Mika just got too anxious about it and thought that it was best to put some space between himself and "the hands" :sneaky2:.

Oooh, very nice!! I realise that I am a bit stupid. At these stage invasions, I always just go to the furthest spot from Mika on stage and stay there :roftl:. I really need to get closer while I still have the chance, haha.

YES you do lol!

Maybe Mika just got too anxious about it and thought that it was best to put some space between himself and "the hands" :sneaky2:.

Well unless they actually started groping him somewhere we couldn't see :teehee: I don't think it was that simple. He was smiling when he was shushing people and I don't think he would have started and then interrupted the song. He's used to all kinds of shouting/grabbing, etc. while he's performing and isn't exactly skitterish about it since he spent the whole night shaking his ass in everyone's faces and calling for a stage invasion.

I think there must have been something wrong with the celeste and maybe he couldn't be bothered trying to sort it out since it wasn't an ideal setup off in the corner with a couple of fans in his lap anyway :dunno:

I wish he'd pulled a Patrick Wolf and stormed off stage until they fixed it. :naughty:

So am I :blink:. When we positioned ourselves next to it we thought that it would be heaven :blush-anim-cl::wub2:. Such bad luck that he went!!!

So are you saying that you think that he left because of other reasons, and not the feedback?

To be honest, from where Christine and I were standing, "the hands" did seem a bit over the top, which is why we told/motioned the girls to take it easy....Maybe Mika just got too anxious about it and thought that it was best to put some space between himself and "the hands" :sneaky2:.

i think it was a combination of the hands, the feedback, and someone put their camera right on top of the piano.

Well unless they actually started groping him somewhere we couldn't see :teehee: I don't think it was that simple. He was smiling when he was shushing people and I don't think he would have started and then interrupted the song. He's used to all kinds of shouting/grabbing, etc. while he's performing and isn't exactly skitterish about it since he spent the whole night shaking his ass in everyone's faces and calling for a stage invasion.

I think there must have been something wrong with the celeste and maybe he couldn't be bothered trying to sort it out since it wasn't an ideal setup off in the corner with a couple of fans in his lap anyway :dunno:

I wish he'd pulled a Patrick Wolf and stormed off stage until they fixed it. :naughty:

i wished he pulled a patrick wolf and performed wearing assless chaps

http://perezhilton.com/2009-06-18-patrick-wolf-who-pulls-a-bruno

:teehee::teehee:

i wished he pulled a patrick wolf and performed wearing assless chaps

http://perezhilton.com/2009-06-18-patrick-wolf-who-pulls-a-bruno

That was the same show where he stormed off stage. He was wearing the jock strap when he came back. :teehee:

Owen Pallett was up in the balcony filming. I asked him if he uploaded it anywhere but he didn't answer me. :naughty:

After watching again and again myself, I think he was already feeling a little uncomfortable at being so close, and then when the celeste had feedback issues, rather than trying to fix it first (like he did in Amsterdam) he just bailed. Poor guy, but I can't say I blame him!

I do the same thing! What's with us? :lmfao:

I always seem to make a break for the back of the stage. It's like the moment I get on stage, I forget that Mika's there and find some sort of unnatural attachment to the back wall. I do like watching the whole scene, but I suppose it would make sense to be right in the middle of things.

The only time I've been right up to Mika during a stage invasion was Vancouver in February 2008, and that's only because with the whole Lollipop Girl thing, I was already on stage to begin with. :roftl:

That was the same show where he stormed off stage. He was wearing the jock strap when he came back. :teehee:

Owen Pallett was up in the balcony filming. I asked him if he uploaded it anywhere but he didn't answer me. :naughty:

oh my god! then i really wish he would have stormed off stage :das:

I do the same thing! What's with us? :lmfao:

I didn't go to the furthest spot in London but I did this time. I think I was the second person up but I have no idea what happened on stage as I was just trying to get out of the way and stay at the back. I didn't see Mika until he squeezed past to exit the stage.

I just could not fathom how this invasion was going to work and didn't want to be in the middle of it. I was already knocking over Alexander's microphone and I wasn't even trying to dance or jump around.

I think it was both. If it were JUST feedback and he really WANTED to be there, he may have waited for it to be fixed, done something while it was being fixed or maybe changed the order of the song.

I did see but did not tape all the hands and craziness when he got there and sat down. There was nothing between Mika on that bench and all those hands. There was alot of verbal lusting after Mika at that gig too.

I think it was both. If it were JUST feedback and he really WANTED to be there, he may have waited for it to be fixed, done something while it was being fixed or maybe changed the order of the song.

I did see but did not tape all the hands and craziness when he got there and sat down. There was nothing between Mika on that bench and all those hands. There was alot of verbal lusting after Mika at that gig too.

there always is.:naughty: who can blame them? people just need to keep it at a minimum. he's not going to accept a marriage proposal that's yelled at him in front of 700 people.

Yeah when we first arrived it took me about 15 minutes to even clue in that this was the celeste and he was actually going to play there. It seemed absurd. At that point no one was standing in that area and obviously I wish those girls hadn't turned up. They were just too drunk to deal with that situation.

I can't imagine why they didn't move the celeste back somewhere. Even another 12" from the edge of the stage would have provided enough of a barrier to keep it from getting weird.

there always is.:naughty: who can blame them? people just need to keep it at a minimum. he's not going to accept a marriage proposal that's yelled at him in front of 700 people.

I would prefer to keep to myself and just talk about it with others away from him :thumb_yello:

Did you hear the "take off your shirt, we want to see the body!"? Lucky me, I have that on tape.:roftl: