MIKA @ Le Poisson Rouge, NY - June 23 2009 - reports, photos and videos

guylainem123

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Part 7 - FINALE and Post Show

The Finale was AMAZING! Still can't beleive that I was on stage with Mika especially after Terminal 5 hell! Once I got on stage and actually stood up {LMFAO} I was getting shoves so bad . . . I ended up right behind Mika and someone pushed me into him and he fell into the piano . . . I rubbed his back lightly to let him know it was okay ( I didn't mean to push him) I ended up following him to the front and the whole time we were JUMPING - i was holding on to him! :wub2: Everyone thought the stage was going to BREAK - everyone jumping you could feel the stage moving under you! WAS scary for a moment! When it got really bad - it was over!

IMMEDIATELY after the show - Brett came over to me and said: WAS IT WORTH IT? ha ha ha I looked at him with a massive gleam in my eyes and replies Y E S . . . :swoon:

It was funny cause every person who worked at the venue ALL asked me the SAME question! As if I would have ever said no . . .

. . . . Outside I was about to DIE - I thought that my legs were surely going to fall off at any point! But, honestly the wait didn't seem all that long! If I hadn't been in SO much pain - would have been a summer breeze . . .

When he made his way in front of me I said:

MIKA! Thank you for making 20 hours of Queueing WORTH it!!!! He was like YEAH I HEARD ALL ABOUT YOU!!! I got my EP signed and then he moved on to Lucy . . .

MIKA116.jpg

WHAT an great ending to an amazing night!!!!!

*gotta cut it short again - they are kicking me out* :teehee:

:roftl::roftl:

And the quote of the day award goes to....ID3!!! :winner_first_h4h:

Thanks a lot for the award but tha't not the point. The point is... that picture is scorching hot and the girl who took and posted it should be sued for arson :roftl: .

Cheers,

Id3

Edited by identicaltwin3

Don't be so impatient, it's just a matter of time :wink2: ...

The last but one picture just about killed me :swoon::rip_1: : there is such an animal look on his face :fangurl: , like a tiger having dinner on a still breathing prey :shocked: !

I can't believe you saw it for real and didn't die :blink: ?

You ARE tough :thumb_yello: !

Cheers,

Id3

I wouldn't mind being it... I mean, that tiger's still breathing prey :wub2::swoon: .

Anybody here tell me they don't really feel like it and I'll call them LIARS :naughty: !

Cheers,

Id3

The Finale was AMAZING! Still can't beleive that I was on stage with Mika especially after Terminal 5 hell! Once I got on stage and actually stood up {LMFAO} I was getting shoves so bad . . . I ended up right behind Mika and someone pushed me into him and he fell into the piano . . . I rubbed his back lightly to let him know it was okay ( I didn't mean to push him) I ended up following him to the front and the whole time we were JUMPING - i was holding on to him! :wub2: Everyone thought the stage was going to BREAK - everyone jumping you could feel the stage moving under you! WAS scary for a moment! When it got really bad - it was over!

IMMEDIATELY after the show - Brett came over to me and said: WAS IT WORTH IT? ha ha ha I looked at him with a massive gleam in my eyes and replies Y E S . . . :swoon:

It was funny cause every person who worked at the venue ALL asked me the SAME question! As if I would have ever said no . . .

. . . . Outside I was about to DIE - I thought that my legs were surely going to fall off at any point! But, honestly the wait didn't seem all that long! If I hadn't been in SO much pain - would have been a summer breeze . . .

MIKA! Thank you for making 20 hours of Queueing WORTH it!!!! He was like YEAH I HEARD ALL ABOUT YOU!!! I got my EP signed and then he moved on to Lucy . . .

MIKA116.jpg

:wub2: Loved this part!! And that picture is the best end to it

Lovely pictures!:wub2:

And a special thank you for leaving your facebook open!:wink2::huglove:

You're welcome. I think I'll leave the pics available for a moment than only available for friends or friends of friends...

Little_fish.gif

NYposter.jpg

". . . MIKA was so bouncy.

I could see him bouncing so much on his piano bench,

I thought maybe he'd sail on up to the ceiling.

And MIKA was so energetic, swinging his head from side to side

--that style only MIKA does.

The sound was amazing: Both MIKA and the audience were so energized.

I was soo happy to be there--

wiggling, waving hands, clapping, singing along with the adoring crowd.

. . . Insufficient superlatives . .".

Edited by A. Clay

wiggling, waving hands, clapping, singing along with the adoring crowd. . . . Insufficient superlatives . .".[/center]

Nice quote...what's that from? :wub2:

wiggling, waving hands, clapping, singing along with the adoring crowd.

. . . Insufficient superlatives . .".

Nice quote...what's that from? :wub2:

Edited by A. Clay

Conversation with (doesn't-really-get-MIKA) daughter:

a little role reversal!

Daughter:

"Don't you know you're reporting to people who were also there?"

Mean Hag Mother:

"Oh no, DEAR, there are fans all over the WORLD, waiting for the gig reports!":teehee:

Love reading reports even for the gigs that i went to. The report thread are some of the best threads on the mfc.

The poster of this gig was so cool! :wub2:

NYposter.jpg

the poster's really great

This, coupled with what he told us in Paris (he thanked us for following, and that it had been great to have us at the front at so many gigs, "guiding" him throughout the tour) totally melts me when I remember, and makes me just adore him SO much.

How many artists do this? How many artists are so amazing to their fans? How many artists bring them an icecream truck while they queue? Etc, etc, etc.

He's one in a million, and the brightest star ever, and I am very thankful that we're fans of such an incredible person.

Forget about the musician, I'm now talking about his essence as a person. He exhudes kindness and love.

very well said sara! thats how i feel too, especially after the paris gigs:proud to be a fan:wub2:

Front page is updated! :biggrin2:

http://mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18855

Does laying it out like that help you all, or should we just not bother for future gigs?

it helps a lot and it's very much appreciated

MIKA116.jpg

loved your report holly and what a nice way to end it with that pic

thanks for the pics

Love reading reports even for the gigs that i went to. The report thread are some of the best threads on the mfc.

So do I!:wub2:

....not only the fact that each and every one has their own way to observe details and describe them... different experience of the queuing situation the gig, everything… being the language/writing freak I am, all the different writing styles are a big pleasure to me too!:wub2:

Thanks Holly for your reports!:wink2:

So do I!:wub2:

....not only the fact that each and every one has their own way to observe details and describe them... different experience of the queuing situation the gig, everything… being the language/writing freak I am, all the different writing styles are a big pleasure to me too!:wub2:

Thanks Holly for your reports!:wink2:

Completely agree .... the MFC wouldn't be the same without these report threads .... I just love them .... I don't know another forum who does this .... certainly not Franz or Blur ..... :wub2:

I never tire of reading them ... whether it's someone's first Mika gig or their 21st :wub2:

Really just thank you for sharing everything ... it really is appreciated - every sentence/picture and memory :wub2: