Article in lematin.ch (Switzerland)

Emerald

Hey! I've just found this article in the matin.ch

http://www.lematin.ch/loisirs/musique-concerts/relax-mika-revient-121732

It's a bit old, but there are some interesting comments on the new songs and I guess we've never read them. Correct me if I'm wrong ^^

Pour le doux et romantique «I See You», le chanteur fournit une petite explication de texte: «Quand on est là à regarder quelqu'un, à avoir envie de l'approcher et que l'on sait pertinemment qu'on ne le fera pas... Moi je dis que ce n'est pas grave, tant qu'on peut continuer à regarder!»

Translation: As for the soft and romantic "I See You", the singer gives a little text explanation: "When you're staring at somebody, wanting to go to them and fully knowing you'll never do it.... I say that it's ok, as long as you can keep staring!"

Puis le groovy «Touches You» aborde «le premier amour, et la jalousie», enrobé d'harmonies de choeurs impeccables qui caractérisent ses titres.

Translation: Then the groovy "Touches You" deals with the "first love, and jealousy", coated with harmonic and impaccable choirs which characterise his tracks.

Entre deux gorgées d'eau fraîche, le chanteur aborde le thème de «Docteur John», un titre qui sonne très Beatles: «Ça évoque des erreurs que j'ai faites dans ma vie. Mais cela reste un morceau joyeux. J'écris des chansons pop, et c'est probablement ce que je ferai jusqu'à ma mort!»

Translation: In between two swallows of fresh water, the singer brings about the theme of "Doctor John", a very Beatles-sounding track: "It talks about errors I've made in my life. But it's still a happy song. I write pop songs, and it's probably what I'll be doing till my death!"

Edited by Emerald

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! I've just found this article in the matin.ch

http://www.lematin.ch/loisirs/musique-concerts/relax-mika-revient-121732

It's a bit old, but there are some interesting comments on the new songs and I guess we've never read them. Correct me if I'm wrong ^^

Pour le doux et romantique «I See You», le chanteur fournit une petite explication de texte: «Quand on est là à regarder quelqu'un, à avoir envie de l'approcher et que l'on sait pertinemment qu'on ne le fera pas... Moi je dis que ce n'est pas grave, tant qu'on peut continuer à regarder!»

Translation: As for the soft and romantic "I See You", the singer gives a little text explanation: "When you're staring at somebody, wanting to go to them and fully knowing you'll never do it.... I say that it's ok, as long as you can keep staring!"

Puis le groovy «Touches You» aborde «le premier amour, et la jalousie», enrobé d'harmonies de choeurs impeccables qui caractérisent ses titres.

Translation: Then the groovy "Touches You" deals with the "first love, and jealousy", coated with harmonic and impaccable choirs which characterise his tracks.

Entre deux gorgées d'eau fraîche, le chanteur aborde le thème de «Docteur John», un titre qui sonne très Beatles: «Ça évoque des erreurs que j'ai faites dans ma vie. Mais cela reste un morceau joyeux. J'écris des chansons pop, et c'est probablement ce que je ferai jusqu'à ma mort!»

Translation: In between two swallows of fresh water, the singer brings about the theme of "Doctor John", a very Beatles-sounding track: "It talks about errors I've made in my life. But it's still a happy song. I write pop songs, and it's probably what I'll be doing till my death!"

oh thanks for post :wub2::roftl:

Newto me. :thumb_yello: T4TP! Ever time I even read a title of a new song I get so excited for the new album! :teehee:

Yeah me too!!!! We've never heard of "Touches You" right?:mf_lustslow:

I'd like a translation of what they are saying about "We Are Golden"

L'entraînant «We Are Golden» lui emboîte le pas, terriblement «tubesque» avec ses envolées vocales impressionnantes.

I don't think so. I like the title! :mf_lustslow::naughty:

Me too :naughty:

I'd like a translation of what they are saying about "We Are Golden"

L'entraînant «We Are Golden» lui emboîte le pas, terriblement «tubesque» avec ses envolées vocales impressionnantes.

The catchy "We Are Golden" follows, terribly "numberonesque" [or something like that mwa ha, "tubesque" doesn't exist] with its impressive flying vocals.

It's not a perfect translation (as the others mwa ha), but you get the idea :roftl:

Me too :naughty:

The catchy "We Are Golden" follows, terribly "numberonesque" [or something like that mwa ha, "tubesque" doesn't exist] with its impressive flying vocals.

It's not a perfect translation (as the others mwa ha), but you get the idea :roftl:

:roftl: It was the "tubesque bit I couldn't understand

Well, "un tube" in French means "a hit". I have to admit that "tubesque" is quite a funny invention :naughty::roftl:

Everyone who's heard it thinks it will be a hit :sneaky2:

I wish we fans could hear it.

thank you for posting! :flowers2:

now i'm curious! i like the fact that it's romantic and the shyness in staring from a distance someone you like..

:original: