MIKA @ Latitude Festival: 18-07-2009 REPORTS, PHOTOS AND VIDEOS

Suzy

Oh I can't say I've noticed. Care to point out other examples as I found that one very amusing!

Well, I haven't been to a M gig since July 2008 but I noticed on utube that he did it at a few of the acoustic tour concerts. Not one you went to :wink2: ?

I find him funny when he takes that kind of snobbish half witted accent :naughty: . Perhaps it was more outrageous than ever at Latitude :shocked: ?

Cheers,

Id3

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I haven't been to a M gig since July 2008 but I noticed on utube that he did it at a few of the acoustic tour concerts. Not one you went to :wink2: ?

I find him funny when he takes that kind of snobbish half witted accent :naughty: . Perhaps it was more outrageous than ever at Latitude :shocked: ?

Cheers,

Id3

Mm maybe. Not sure I pay proper attention haha

http://www.buzzinmusicblog.co.uk/latitude-festival-doves-spiritualized-mika-band-of-skulls/1487

Latitude Music Festival - Doves, Spiritualized, Mika, Band Of Skulls

Terry Lane - Wednesday 22.07.09, 21:09pm

Mika – Uncut Arena

Begrudgingly, I accompanied my 12 year old son to watch Mika play the Uncut Stage. We missed the first three or four songs & entered the stage with Mika sitting at the piano playing, as it was billed, an acoustic set. I lasted just two songs before asking my son if he was bored. He said to give it one more song.

Just then two cannons fired a continuous stream of confetti over an audience full of young children and mothers. Then, unexpectedly Mika climbed on a platform, possible his piano, and a full band stood up. The show came alive with a lively version of Big Girls from his award winning debut album Life In Cartoon Motion.

Though not my style of music, I certainly appreciated the effort Mika was putting into the performance, as he leaped all over the stage, orchestrating the audience in clapping along in time with the up tempo beat.

To end the set, Mika made himself visible to all once again, this time sporting an American Indian headdress and playing a trashcan which was tied to his chest like a big bass drum. Whoops and screams, mainly from the mothers rather than the kids made for a great atmosphere and reminded me that, after all we were all here to enjoy ourselves. And for his part, Mika put on a great show.

:naughty:

I actually thought that this review was really crappy, I didn't like the guy's tone at all. He sounded like one of the typical condescending "haters" that don't even dare hate outright, and have to mask their comments using this passive-aggressive style.....

Not impressed by him, I am :naughty:. But it's his loss if he can't appreciate his greatness and remains lukewarm and bored after seeing him live.

I also find him very patronising.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
.... I was wondering what you'd be posting.... (I was expecting something else:teehee:)

So, a great picture and a happy ending to the Latitude story after all...:thumb_yello:

Oh Latitude was a dream, it was Bestival that was the nightmare!