Lyrics for Dr John?

vixenbbw

I really love that idea. Would probably tweak some little bits but overall I really like it. I've actually got the bar in my head (and the feet on the table and all!) - I'm going drawing it for the yearbook. Dark shadowy bar with an almost sepia tone to it, and a Mika silhouette in the corner with feet up on the table.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone keeps saying that about all my art! It'll (hopefully) all be in the yearbook, so everyone will see it :blush-anim-cl:

This bar one is the next on my list though. I have no real reason to do it other than that the image is so ingrained in my head - which is partially why I love Mika. He inspires so much of my art. I might actually, if you don't mind, try to incorporate a sort of ghostly figure of a younger Mika with one of these 'lovers' and the parents standing near by...or maybe incorporate a ghostly figure of Dr. John....

You have any mad art skillz?? :biggrin2: Even if you don't, I'll credit the concept partially to you as you've inspired another bit of it.

I think it sounds fantastic. Mika inspires a lot of the artistic things I do.

Of course you can work in whatever you want to :thumb_yello:

I'm nor great, I'm alright though. I'm better with abstract and creative things than realistic drawings and such. I'm lucky if I can get a human to look like a human :naughty:

I drew my version of One Foot Boy a while ago and I like mine better than Mika's :lol3:

I'm definately into more arty,abstract things too generally speaking. This bar won't look realistic, it'll be more like a watercolour impressionist style mess :naughty: Only realistic things I do are portraits.

Dr. John is the dude on the cover of the new album isn't he? With the feathers and yellow coat?

Thought so. I already drew him in the customised TBWKTM suit I drew. I think what I'll do is have Mika sprawled back in the table seats with his feet up (just a silhouette) and have Dr.John, also a silhouette (but with the distinctive beard and feather shapes) sitting at the actual bar. Maybe back turned to Mika.... or off to one side...

I really shouldn't be talking about this in this thread haha!

I do love this song though. It was an instant favourite when I heard it.

Oh really? Oh the opening just hooked me, this and Pick Up Off The Floor (they have a similar subdued, melancholic sorta sound,which obviously changes in Dr. John during the chorus) and I just loved it. Admittedly, the chorus grated a bit in Dr. John the first few listens but then I loved it.

Has anyone noticed in the artwork? On one of the pages, the background is blue and has gender signs, happy and sad faces and question marks...Anything to do with Dr John?

Or maybe it was for another song...*runs to get the CD*

I don't have the art work with me atm....can't look.

I'll chek when I get home tho :thumb_yello:

A lot of the art work for the different songs was mixed all around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I hadn't noticed this before! :aah;

Oh my! It is.....amazing! :wub2: I'm nearly speechless! :aah: I adore it! WOW!

I've been very in love with this song lately :wub2:

Especially Mika's use of the word 'undone.' I definitely don't think it's just an innuendo. I see it as emotionally and mentally undone too. Exhausted from thinking and feeling so much, you know?

• 1 year later...

dome2.jpg

Dr. JOHN re-visited . . .

[YouTube]vcg0OHpXfv0[/YouTube]

[YouTube]ibblfFnWf8w[/YouTube]

[YouTube]GaK8ZgFqRWA[/YouTube]

[YouTube]0Tsq8qrZKOw[/YouTube]

[YouTube]gEu4ZXqYEdI[/YouTube]

[YouTube]7y3eotO3eLU[/YouTube]

Edited by A. Clay