Mika in Blackpool Sept 5th 09

kath

Applied!!!

I live sop close to Blackpool (well closer than any other Mika Gig ever!) it would be criminal if I can't go!!

Just to let people know, I have a spare room (and floor space in the living room!) at my place in Lancaster which is about a 30 min train journey or a 40 min drive from Blackpool so if anybody needs a place to stay PM me.

I can't believe it, can you? So near to us! Well relatively speaking anyway. Hopefully I will see you there :naughty::biggrin2:

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link Rose and to the kind person that added it to the first post.

I apologise for starting a thread and leaving immediatetly but I was suprised that it wsn't on already and thought I had better get it on quick. I don't think speed of application will have anything to do with ticket allocation though unfortunatetly. Yes, it would be brilliant if a fair few MFCers were lucky with tickets.

I would probably just drive there and back in the day too Rose. Thanks Mikafish for offering a place to stay, that is very kind of you. I so hope you are lucky with a ticket when you are so local.

Not really been on here this afternoon so not sure if this has been talked about but Mika was on Steve Wright this afternoon talking about this.

I can't believe it, can you? So near to us! Well relatively speaking anyway. Hopefully I will see you there :naughty::biggrin2:

Sorry..........I forgot to say, I hope you are lucky too and Marilyn and anyone else local.........Ruth...oh I must text her as she is away.

before applying, please read the terms and conditions:

Terms and conditions:

*Lines are open now until the end of Chris Evans show at 7pm on Friday 7 August.

*Tickets are free and will be allocated at random.

*You can apply for a maximum of one pair of tickets per household.

*Please do not request tickets if you think you may be unable to use them.

*Listeners names, who have secured a place, will be issued a pair of tickets from 10 August 2009.

*Unfortunately we will only be able to notify you if your ticket application is successful.

*Standard geographic charges apply and calls may be included in your telecom provider's call package. Calls from mobiles may be higher.

*Please note that children under 18 years of age may only apply if they are to be accompanied by an adult. No children under the age of 14 will be admitted to the event.

*All audience members will be asked to arrive no later than 7.30pm on Saturday 5 September 2009.

*You will need to make your own way to and from the venue. Radio 2 will not be responsible for any transport and accommodation expenses incurred.

*Radio 2's decision will be final.

I know!!! I've been moaning at Mika for ages to give us a gig 'up North'! Lol would love to think i had this kind of influence!! Hehehe!

Need to get as many Lads n' Lasses from the MFC there as possible!! :)

Sorry..........I forgot to say, I hope you are lucky too and Marilyn and anyone else local.........Ruth...oh I must text her as she is away.

Thanks Kath, and thanks for letting us know..in my excitement before I forgot to say T4P :naughty:

Should point out it's NOT just Mika playing at this!

There are 4 other artists playing too:thumb_yello:

But Mika's still going to be there.. I think that's our only main concern:naughty:. Unless he drops out like he did last time.

But Mika's still going to be there.. I think that's our only main concern:naughty:. Unless he drops out like he did last time.

Who are the other artists? It's Mika that makes me want to go but would be interested in the others too...maybe... :wink2:

Just didn't want people complaining later, thinking it was just Mika performing.:wink2:

Who are the other artists? It's Mika that makes me want to go but would be interested in the others too...maybe... :wink2:

They are announcing 1 a day, all this week.

I have applied. Let's hope I can be lucky for once, I am really not a lucky (as in winning stuff) person :aah:

Hopefully the fact that Mika is one of the five acts might put a lot of people off :teehee: Or is he getting popular now after the success of iTunes :biggrin2:.

Damn it may be after I've left for Malaysia... noticed I said maybe? There's a chance that I'll extend my stay in England this year... I can brave the cold since nothing much is going on in Malaysia and stay on for a bit.. not sure I should apply for this until i'm sure though.. but maybe I'd still be around for secret gig in sep!! :teehee: we'll see :biggrin2:

I have applied. Let's hope I can be lucky for once, I am really not a lucky (as in winning stuff) person :aah:

Hopefully the fact that Mika is one of the five acts might put a lot of people off :teehee: Or is he getting popular now after the success of iTunes :biggrin2:.

All the better for us if it does:naughty:

I've heard something about Pixie Lott and Madness being involved but don't know if it's the same thing or if its earlier in the day somewhere else...

Ooh, if that's right sounds like a good night:thumb_yello: