London Evening Standard on itunes gig

robertina

Thanks for posting that Robi.

Lord, I wish they'd let the Freddie thing go, they're OBSESSED!!!:shocked:

And stop knocking Love Today!!!:sneaky2:

Otherwise, pretty good review.:thumb_yello:

Exactly!

Throughout, Mika’s voice was outstanding. Though not quite the Freddie you feel he’d like to be, he does possess a soaring falsetto to rival any of today’s queen bees.

:blink: He doesn't want to :roftl:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My mum got the Evening Standard today and this review annoyed me a bit - it seemed like he hates Mika but can't deny the show was brilliant, so every compliment he gives is backhanded - "his voice is outstanding throughout, though not as Freddie Mercury like as you think he'd like it to be", or whatever it was. It really annoyed me because if it's a good show and he performs well, then say that, but all these begrudging compliments are rather tiresome I find.

My mum got the Evening Standard today and this review annoyed me a bit - it seemed like he hates Mika but can't deny the show was brilliant, so every compliment he gives is backhanded - "his voice is outstanding throughout, though not as Freddie Mercury like as you think he'd like it to be", or whatever it was. It really annoyed me because if it's a good show and he performs well, then say that, but all these begrudging compliments are rather tiresome I find.

I know exactly what you mean, but at least it's a bit of progress from some of the totally dismissive or just downright abusive reviews he had in 2007 :boxed:.

I know exactly what you mean, but at least it's a bit of progress from some of the totally dismissive or just downright abusive reviews he had in 2007 :boxed:.

Yeah, you're right, because it's someone who dislikes him conceding that he puts on a hell of a show, which in some ways means more than someone who likes him saying he was super.

I just wonder how people like that are in jobs when they can't write a decent, honest review. If Love Today was in his most annoying songs of all time list, why did ES send him to the show? Why not send someone who isn't biased before they go in?

I can understand why someone wouldn't like his music, but this guy was clearly impressed but didn't want to admit it. It's not like he's got a reputation to uphold and giving Mika a decent review would destroy it. BAAAH.

I'll just focus on the nice balanced reviews. My mum read it before she gave it to me and she thought he'd have given it 2/5 or something like that from what he wrote, but he gave it 4/5. People baffle me, they really do.

Gosh, this is getting long and ranty. Over and out. ;)

Yeah, you're right, because it's someone who dislikes him conceding that he puts on a hell of a show, which in some ways means more than someone who likes him saying he was super.

I just wonder how people like that are in jobs when they can't write a decent, honest review. If Love Today was in his most annoying songs of all time list, why did ES send him to the show? Why not send someone who isn't biased before they go in?

I can understand why someone wouldn't like his music, but this guy was clearly impressed but didn't want to admit it. It's not like he's got a reputation to uphold and giving Mika a decent review would destroy it. BAAAH.

I'll just focus on the nice balanced reviews. My mum read it before she gave it to me and she thought he'd have given it 2/5 or something like that from what he wrote, but he gave it 4/5. People baffle me, they really do.

Gosh, this is getting long and ranty. Over and out. ;)

Yeah, I'm totally with you there. I can't stand it either. These reviews just annoy me, because even though the final "conclusion" is good, it bothers me that they need to trash him in order to get there in the end.

Stupid reviewers :sneaky2::aah:

Most of these reviews sound like the writers had to make an excuse for liking Mika and thinking the show was fantastic ..::shocked:

It only shows that it's clearly not hip to like Mika at the moment in the UK yet those who go to his shows are all amazed and find it difficult to write about their experience. At the same time, it means that as soon as more highly respected 'cool guys' admit they like him, these journalists will be singing his praises.What a bunch of hypocrites:sneaky2: