Mika in Chicago, IL at Riviera Theater

lollipop_monkey

I have done that. I only got 12 hearts but I got a bunch of glowing bracelets...:) Of course, all MFC's get at least bracelets, it depends on how many come on the hearts. .. or I could tell you where I got them/ordered them.

I would have thought stay after the show, but I haven't been to Chicago in a long time, just heard horror stories about southside.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Were we all going to order glowing stuff or not?

We are gonna go to the local party supplies store and maybe a costume shop to see what fun accessories we can find. :biggrin2:

Hopefully we'll get there in time. It is a long drive, and if my mom has to work the night before, we might be later.

I have done that. I only got 12 hearts but I got a bunch of glowing bracelets...:) Of course, all MFC's get at least bracelets, it depends on how many come on the hearts. .. or I could tell you where I got them/ordered them.

I would have thought stay after the show, but I haven't been to Chicago in a long time, just heard horror stories about southside.

We've been to Chicago 2 times and our aunt, grandma and cousin (she went to the Mika gig last time and she said she'll go to Chicago but she doesn't want a ticket.:sneaky2:) said they would take us. Our grandma has never been to Chicago and she has lived in Illinois her whole life.:blink: So we all were thinking of going and while we do our Mika thing:naughty: they can show her Chicago. So we are all still up in the air about that. Would love to stay at the Raffelo (Don't know if I spelled that right). That was an awesome hotel we stayed at with our cousin when we last saw Mika.

We have never been around the venue part area. So we don't really know what to expect. All of Chicago we have seen has been downtown. We have also been to Northbrook aka "Shermer" from some John Hughes movies. Got to see some of the places he directed for "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and "The Breakfast Club".:wub2:

Oh forgot to say that we can order some of the hearts to also give to MFC'ers. You said you only had 12. We can order some so we have 24.

We need to check out some party stores. That sounds like fun.

Party stores are the best. I go to them all the time to buy useless stuff for really cheap. :naughty:

Cool. I am really wishing I was going to have more time in Chicago, I'd love to explore it, I bet it is a fantastic city. I ordered mine online as I don't have a good stocked store around. Did I read you two like Heroes?

Cool. I am really wishing I was going to have more time in Chicago, I'd love to explore it, I bet it is a fantastic city. I ordered mine online as I don't have a good stocked store around. Did I read you two like Heroes?

The first time we went to Chicago, we went on a double decker bus and toured the city. It was Fabulous. We sat up on top (what else?) and it was very windy hence the phrase "Windy City".:naughty:

Yes Yes Yes we are fans of Heroes!!!:biggrin2:

The first time we went to Chicago, we went on a double decker bus and toured the city. It was Fabulous. We sat up on top (what else?) and it was very windy hence the phrase "Windy City".:naughty:

Yes Yes Yes we are fans of Heroes!!!:biggrin2:

*off topic* your avatar is so cute! :naughty: who did it?

*off topic* your avatar is so cute! :naughty: who did it?

Thanks. Actually our whole family went to Wisconsin Dells, WI this summer. Since we are cartoonists we always want to get our Characature done by someone.....and since the last one we had done was like when we were 15 we thought it was time to get another one done when we are 23.

We had rode the 'ducks' ride on the Wisconsin River and we had on our 'Everything's Just Ducky' shirts. I don't know if you can see it in the avatar but there is a duck on 'Megan's' head and it says 'Everything's Just Ducky'.

Long story but there ya go.:teehee:

Haley & Megan

p.s. You all are probably getting sick of the color "MediumTurquoise" lol.

Thanks for the info. I shall be patient and wait for my tickets. oy.

I've been to the South Side plenty of times and it's not as dramatic as people like Kanye West make it seem :naughty:

You've just gotta play the game and be sharp. Eye contact with the scary people actually goes a long way believe it or not. But I assure you, its not that bad.

And lets not forget that we can tweet Mika from the line and go "Ooh I'm so scared, maybe you should let us up there to your dressing room."

:roftl:

good morning everyone.

The Riviera isn't on the Southside, it's in Uptown, about 46 blocks north of HOB.

Yup yup...alot of college kids live around that area. I think rent is cheaper. Some people consider anything that isn't downtown to be the south side. :naughty: I personally don't. Been to scarier places.

I'm taken the red line from the loop to get there. whooo! Cannot. Wait.:wub2:

Thanks for the info. I shall be patient and wait for my tickets. oy.

I've been to the South Side plenty of times and it's not as dramatic as people like Kanye West make it seem :naughty:

You've just gotta play the game and be sharp. Eye contact with the scary people actually goes a long way believe it or not. But I assure you, its not that bad.

And lets not forget that we can tweet Mika from the line and go "Ooh I'm so scared, maybe you should let us up there to your dressing room."

:roftl:

Ooooooo! That is a very good idea!

Yup yup...alot of college kids live around that area. I think rent is cheaper. Some people consider anything that isn't downtown to be the south side. :naughty: I personally don't. Been to scarier places.

I'm taken the red line from the loop to get there. whooo! Cannot. Wait.:wub2:

really? I never heard that before. that's so odd, because the Loop is obviously right in the center of the city, vertically speaking. they just don't believe the northern 10 miles exist?? I hope they're not geography majors!

really? I never heard that before. that's so odd, because the Loop is obviously right in the center of the city, vertically speaking. they just don't believe the northern 10 miles exist?? I hope they're not geography majors!

I meant tourists who come here...They're so scared to venture out of downtown. The loop is actually alot better than what it was in the 90's... it was pretttty bad.

I'm out there every single day and I love it :wub2:

Anderson Coopers reports were dead on...the violence is a huge problem. And as far as gang activity is concerned, Chicago's the worst (Atleast thats what gangland on A&E or the history channel said:roftl:)