MIKA on GOOD MORNING AMERICA - Friday, Sept. 25 2009

Suzy

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shes weird :blink: i'd have rather mika'd keep sara and replace david, rather than replace sara with this weird girl who cant seen and brings down mikas whole performance with her weird dancing :boxed:

She's not with him for his tours yet. If you look on her myspace she only has a few gigs listed where she's Mika's backup vocals and I believe she said something along the lines that she's paying for her travel.

It may be a test period before they make her a band member or Sara may have not been available and Erika was looking for some experience and to get her name out there and got the spot.

Someone posted on Perez's site this comment:

CeeBee: That's my friend Erika doing backing vocals, yay!

I was reading this tread earlier and someone asked for the name of the new backup singer. I stumbled accross that coment and then googled "Erika singing backing vocals for Mika" and came across her myspace. http://www.myspace.com/immarock Her name is Erika Footman the rest it there for all to see.

If i had a myspace i would tell her how much i love how she preforms but i don't so maybe if you like her, you can show her some love.

She says here on her blog that she will be touring the world with him so I guess that she will be staying for á while:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=61180190&blogId=510460671

shes weird :blink: i'd have rather mika'd keep sara and replace david, rather than replace sara with this weird girl who cant seen and brings down mikas whole performance with her weird dancing :boxed:

I quite liked her, I think she's cool, but I wish he'd get rid of that David. He ALWAYS makes one mistake or another and his general smug appearance just annoys the sh!t out of me. Sorry but this is just one of these things where I don't get Mika :naughty:. How can he not possibly find a better guy??? How can he feel comfortable with someone so mediocre in the band? I just don't get it :blink:.

He should hire Aurelien :wub2:. He'd be a million times better than this David guy.

Omigod...my heart sank for him at that moment. :tears: Even my husband didn't want to rewind it when my daughter asked to see that part again - it was just too upsetting for him to see Mika's face too... :boxed:

I know it was so painful. You could tell his instinct was to correct them but it was too awkward because he was standing by himself 20 feet away from the hosts. Then he just started looking extremely uncomfortable about the whole thing. Brutal! :aah:

I know, I found that terrible. What sort of idiot does one have to be to get those two songs wrong, really? :blink: I really felt for him.

On a positive note, thanks everyone for your lovely reports. It's great to see that he did so well and that peiople loved him, and that everyone got to meet him.

His performance of Blame It On The Girls was fantastic!!!

I quite liked her, I think she's cool, but I wish he'd get rid of that David. He ALWAYS makes one mistake or another and his general smug appearance just annoys the sh!t out of me. Sorry but this is just one of these things where I don't get Mika :naughty:. How can he not possibly find a better guy??? How can he feel comfortable with someone so mediocre in the band? I just don't get it :blink:.

Is David the blondie? I just love him :wub2: hahaha

It doesn't seem like Mika has a huge number of backing vocalists lining up to sing with him, juding by the comment this girl made on myspace:

"I will be his backing vocalist - I know so soon after the album is out - how ever, as this is a self funded project and there is no fat cat to back me.... (yet) COME ON FAT CATS GET YOUR CHEQUES OUT!! This is a great time for more exposure around the world!!"

:boxed:

perhaps Sara is now off to tour with Fat Cat Robbie...

I think you are probably right.

I haven't found anywhere else that Mika has been more specific about this bit of news.

I think it wll be around that time.

Mika will probably tweet it when it is time.

I reallllllllly hope he does do it.... i looked at his concert schedule and he is boston on the 15th and new york on the 16th, he then has a free day on sat the 17th before the philly concert... i will be sooooo extremely happy if he does it!!!!!!!!!!!!! ill be there!! im never that lucky hahaha im crossing my fingers!!

He should hire Aurelien :wub2:. He'd be a million times better than this David guy.

Which guy is David? I don't know who the keyboard and bass player are. :dunno:

Edit: Never mind I accidentally skipped part of your post. He's the keyboard player. So, who is the bass player?

I reallllllllly hope he does do it.... i looked at his concert schedule and he is boston on the 15th and new york on the 16th, he then has a free day on sat the 17th before the philly concert... i will be sooooo extremely happy if he does it!!!!!!!!!!!!! ill be there!! im never that lucky hahaha im crossing my fingers!!

Extremely possible and what I would think as well. However, he will have to do Letterman as well so that's 3 nights in NYC..right?

I saw Lucy on TV.. they just had a shot outside and I recognize her..

you did!!! :blush-anim-cl:

Mine looks blurry too. She looks soo cute

I just got off the phone with Lucy! She is SO frickin' HAPPY it is CRAZY!!!! OMG - she cannot even find her way around right now - she is SO disoriented! :roftl:

Lucy was the first one there this morning. She arrived at 4:30 AM. There was A LOT of VIP's ther this time,and the MFCers did not think they would get into the studio - but, were very happy (just to be there - and seeing him through the window) . . . anyways at some point Dr. John came out - and they were telling him how last year there was a list for the MFCers to get in - and blah blah blah . . . when he found out they were MFCers he put them on the VIP list and that is how they got into the studio.

I like most of you WAS TAPING IT and waiting anxiously . . . I thought my heart was going to explode!!!! Then thy showed a little teaser of him *doing Love Today* and Robin said that was Mika performing Grace Kelly!!! MY GAWD - can they get ANYTHING right! DID YOU SEE THE L O O K on Mika's FACE!!!!! aaahhh I felt SO bad!!! I was SCREAMING at the t.v. (more like screaming at Robin :sneaky2:

Anyways - what ever then the darn PRES has to come and RUIN my morning/day/week/month . . .WHY did they FEEL THE NEED to show that? It is NOT like he was 'addressing the American people' . . . WTF! I KNEW right that moment that I would NOT be seeing anymore of MIKA!

Behind the scenes though Lucy said that when they announced to us that the East Coast would not be seeing Mika perform it could be seen online MIKA WAS PISSED!!!! She said he mouthed to his mum 'ONLY ON LINE' like WTF!!!

And then he stormed out and talked to his mum - when he came back out she said he was all calm and SMILING that beautiful smile - and they all got individual pics with him!!!! He did not sign anything just took pics! :wub2:

Lucy has waited over 2 YEARS to get a pic with Mika so I am THRILLED for her and jealous as hell! :huglove:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

thank you holly for the report lol :roftl::roftl:

Total fangurl moment, huh Lucy? How excited were you?? First one there - and then to finally get a picture with him. I just am very happy for you. Just in case you get in that situation again, always have two taken. Real fast, so that it doesn't take too much time, just two in a row. That way if you do something stupid like shut your eyes (I did that one time standing next to my at the time HUGE fangurl crush on) you will have another one that is hopefully better.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that was you between Robin and some other guy outside that they taped, or not? I want to know who the people I saw on TV were.

I loved Mika's little dancing to biotg..

Extremely possible and what I would think as well. However, he will have to do Letterman as well so that's 3 nights in NYC..right?

I think Letterman would be taped on Friday afternoon possibly.... even though that seems difficult to manage before the show :blink: And I don't think they tape Saturdays.. sooo who knows when that would be fit in.

Total fangurl moment, huh Lucy? How excited were you?? First one there - and then to finally get a picture with him. I just am very happy for you. Just in case you get in that situation again, always have two taken. Real fast, so that it doesn't take too much time, just two in a row. That way if you do something stupid like shut your eyes (I did that one time standing next to my at the time HUGE fangurl crush on) you will have another one that is hopefully better.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that was you between Robin and some other guy outside that they taped, or not? I want to know who the people I saw on TV were.

I loved Mika's little dancing to biotg..

it was more than that, actually.....and thank you for the advice!!! :thumb_yello: